Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thanks Virgin Engineer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

Old 09-09-2013, 04:41   #1
johnholmes
Inactive

johnholmes is an unknown quantity at this point
Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

When is there going to be a Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

BT are launching the Homehub 5 with 802.11ac later this year:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...ss-router.html

Virgin need to keep up!
johnholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2013, 06:55   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnholmes View Post

Virgin need to keep up!
My superhub 2 will always be up to date as i use it in modem mode and buy a 3rd party router. I only moved from superhub 1 in modem mode because i was trialling the 2

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26   #3
Mr Banana

Quote:

Virgin need to keep up!
Do all your devices work on the 5ghz frequency as older kits throughput is still the same apparently?

http://www.zdnet.com/the-five-things...ac-7000017112/
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31   #4
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:

Virgin need to keep up!

OMG.....theirs nothing wrong at all with the next gen super hub. Only because bt are launching something with wifi 802.11ac does not mean its all singing and dancing.

You only had to read the issues of their bt vision need i say more.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40   #5
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

given the shub2 is only just out the door I think it will be a year minimum.

I wouldnt worry too much about AC at the moment tho as barely any devices have it.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:50   #6
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I'm dead certain that VM, with their history of willy waving, will bring in a SH3 in due course. It might be Puma6 based - particularly because it can handle 24 downstream channels which would be needed for higher speeds, althugh there would be a significant infrastructure development cost around that.

And, what's more, I'm also certain that VM have that sort of roadmap already in train.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:33   #7
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I agree, I think the AC device is a ways off yet but I think (I Hope?) Virgin is sensible enough to combine it with a DOCSIS 3.1 modem.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 14:09   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Do all your devices work on the 5ghz frequency as older kits throughput is still the same apparently?
You mean "some" and "802.11ac". 5Ghz is irrelevant and all is irrelevant.

At which point it becomes well obvious, duh. Of course your devices will need 802.11ac to benefit from 802.11ac.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:37   #9
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Virgin need to keep up!
Do you have one single device that currently could use 802.11ac ? i didn't think so, pointless thread move on.
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:49   #10
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Do you have one single device that currently could use 802.11ac ? i didn't think so, pointless thread move on.
Bit presumptuous of you, isn't it? There are a few ac capable devices out there, such as many of this year's Smartphones and you can buy wireless AC cards if you look around.

However, your logic is asinine - why would he have any ac capable stuff without an ac capable router? Conversely, why would he buy an ac capable router without some ac capable stuff? Something has to come first!

Pointless comment is pointless.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:28   #11
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

chicken or egg ?
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:39   #12
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Now that is a daft question. Everyone knows the evolution path of a chicken - so it must have been an egg.

So that's got nothing to do with whether the OP intends to have any 802.11ac devices to use with his shiny new SH3.

Plus there is no analogous relationship with chicken/egg and ac device/router.

Please forgive this bit of fun!

Old 09-09-2013, 18:01   #13
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Now that is a daft question. Everyone knows the evolution path of a chicken - so it must have been an egg.

So that's got nothing to do with whether the OP intends to have any 802.11ac devices to use with his shiny new SH3.

You amaze me !
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:37   #14
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Excellent!

Old 09-09-2013, 19:45   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

So what animal laid the egg then???????????
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote