Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 26-11-2011, 15:24   #106
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure VM will go all out to try and get something like this the main worry is Sky stipulate it can only be added free to SS subscribers therefore making them the cheapest option in getting it as you'd have to pay 20.00+10.25 HD pack with Sky meaning it would cost 30.25 instead of 25.00 XL + 22.50 totalling 47.50.
This might finally be SKY's answer to Virgins ESPN free on the XL package. A very smart move by SKY. Seeing the channel is really only going to be up and running for 6 months in the year, I wonder if SKY will introduce 6 month contracts for anyone joining SKY purely to get access to the F1 channel? Would certainly be a better option than the 18 month deals being offered by Virgin currently.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2011, 15:30   #107
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure VM will go all out to try and get something like this the main worry is Sky stipulate it can only be added free to SS subscribers therefore making them the cheapest option in getting it as you'd have to pay 20.00+10.25 HD pack with Sky meaning it would cost 30.25 instead of 25.00 XL + 22.50 totalling 47.50.
even if Sky customers dont have SS but does have the HD pack they get it free so you dont have to be a SS customer just an Sky HD customer

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This might finally be SKY's answer to Virgins ESPN free on the XL package. A very smart move by SKY. Seeing the channel is really only going to be up and running for 6 months in the year, I wonder if SKY will introduce 6 month contracts for anyone joining SKY purely to get access to the F1 channel? Would certainly be a better option than the 18 month deals being offered by Virgin currently.
sorry to be a pain but it would be 9 months i dont see them doing a contract less than 12 months
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:37   #108
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
sorry to be a pain but it would be 9 months i dont see them doing a contract less than 12 months
You spotted by deliberate mistake

I just hope this isn't a view of things to come with SKY. If this is a success for them, I hope they don't consider scrapping SKY Sports and launching SKY Football, SKY Rugby, SKY Wrestling & Boxing, SKY Tennis, SKY Athletics, SKY Cricket etc.... It'll cost a bloody fortune if you're right into your sports.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 17:57   #109
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Square eyes said...
Just to put you in the picture...

VM have already been in talks with Sky over the new F1 channel

Yes they should be carrying it when it starts in March 2012

It will be at no extra cost because it will be included in the sports package

As for the HD version of the channel we are very confident that that this will also be on the VM platform

Once I get any further information I will let you all know, but for now please don't go asking any other questions, because this is as much as I can tell you for now
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/11/sky...19621682557028
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 18:00   #110
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
its a shame that it will be in the sports pack
Old 26-11-2011, 18:14   #111
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes very gutting

You can see what Sky has got?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35335541-post240.html
Old 26-11-2011, 18:19   #112
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
It doesn't want to be or its bye bye virgin media and hello sky as im not willing to be screwed over by being forced to buy a SS subscription to watch F1 when sky offer it without a SS sub and all you need is the HD pack.

if that is the case I can see a mass of customers leaving VM as its a rip off to have to pay SS to just get the F1 channel !!!!
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 18:22   #113
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

I have amazing news for Virginmedia customers.........

The F1 HD channelsis "Coming soon" lolololol..

Its due 2 days after Sky Atlantic....Oh I shouldn't laugh should I? LMAO.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 18:27   #114
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
It doesn't want to be or its bye bye virgin media and hello sky as im not willing to be screwed over by being forced to buy a SS subscription to watch F1 when sky offer it without a SS sub and all you need is the HD pack.

if that is the case I can see a mass of customers leaving VM as its a rip off to have to pay SS to just get the F1 channel !!!!
Quote:
Sky Sports will run a dedicated Formula One channel next season which could be available to Freeview customers for a monthly fee.

In a move aimed at appeasing frustrated British F1 fans following the unprecedented switch from terrestrial to pay-TV, I’m told that Sky will operate the package at a cost thought to be around £10-a-month.

The new channel is set to be included free of charge in Sky and Virgin Media packages.

Sky agreed a highly-controversial seven-year deal with the BBC to share the rights from 2012 onwards earlier this year.

The new contract will see Sky screen all 20 races with the BBC broadcasting half that number, as well as a highlights show for every grand prix.

Almost 40,000 petrol heads signed an online government petition protesting the move, with many saying they’d no longer be able to afford to watch the sport.

But Sky’s latest decision will leave fans in a position to tune in to Formula One next year without having to fork out for Sky's full package which costs in excess of £60-a-month.
Quote:
Sky Sports F1 chief Martin Turner is busy putting together his team for 2012, with lead commentator Martin Brundle in line to make the controversial switch from BBC to Sky.

Brundle is expected to team up with David Croft for the commentating duties with former rugby presenter Simon Lazenby anchoring the programme as revealed by this blog in October.

F1 broadcasting veteran Steve Rider has also been snapped up by Sky, and is in Interlagos for this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix, filming the first in a series of legend interviews for the broadcaster's coverage in 2012.

I’m told that BBC presenter Jake Humphrey was approached to anchor Sky's F1 coverage, which he promptly snubbed in favour of staying with the BBC.
http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/20...s-in-2012.html
Old 26-11-2011, 20:34   #115
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes very gutting

You can see what Sky has got?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35335541-post240.html
ya seen it all, the only ones i look forward to in that list are Britian and Braxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post

i would if i could afford it but also Sky may have the HD channels but VM has the best box

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
I have amazing news for Virginmedia customers.........

The F1 HD channelsis "Coming soon" lolololol..

Its due 2 days after Sky Atlantic....Oh I shouldn't laugh should I? LMAO.
Lol you never know
Old 26-11-2011, 20:48   #116
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

They're welcome to Brundle, frankly.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 09:37   #117
nstokes
Inactive

Martin Brundle has confirmed he is going to Sky Sports F1 - saw the annoument on twitter this morning

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

im seeing there tweets this morning and now thwey are telling people they DO need the sky sports pack to get the channel and if they dont have the hd pack but have SS in sd they will get the SD channel. I thought all sky customers with ethier HD pack and no SS or SS pack would get the channel. Have they changed there mind or are they just saying that to get more people sub'ed to SS?
Old 27-11-2011, 10:17   #118
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

[QUOTE=nstokes;35335950]Martin Brundle has confirmed he is going to Sky Sports F1 - saw the annoument on twitter this morning

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

im seeing there tweets this morning and now thwey are telling people they DO need the sky sports pack to get the channel and if they dont have the hd pack but have SS in sd they will get the SD channel. I thought all sky customers with ethier HD pack and no SS or SS pack would get the channel. Have they changed there mind or are they just saying that to get more people sub'ed to SS?[/Q
Quote:
UOTE]

No there not,

Will all Sky HD customers receive the channel or is it only available to Sky Sports subscribers ?

Yes, all Sky HD subscribers will receive the F1 HD channel free of charge when it launches in March.

So you don't need sky sports pack to get F1?! Does that mean if I don't want HD I could get a £20pm sub?

No you'll have to get either Sports pack or HD pack - one or the other (or both) to receive the F1 channel
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 10:22   #119
nstokes
Inactive

thought so, i guess its the way they worded it or the person on twitter ansering the questions didnt know what he was on about
Old 27-11-2011, 18:20   #120
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I called Virgin this morning and noticed they have a recorded message regarding the new F1 channel. The message confirms they are actively in talks with SKY to bring the channel to Virgin.

Also if you consider virgin also have a page on their website confirming the same thing, I'm pretty sure Virgin will getting access to the channel. It's not often Virgin will put together a recorded message and create a dedicated web page for a channel unless they are confident of agreeing a carriage deal.

SKY Atlantic never got his fanfare! I'm sure if we remain patient full details of who will be able to access what in regards to the new F1 channel will be made very clear by Virgin.

P.S. Nowhere in any of the SKY press releases does it suggest the new channel is a SKY exclusive. Another good sign for Virgin customers.
Then again sky done the dirty deed by not telling them that once they bought the channels that they would be closing some of them down for an exclusive channel.
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote