Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Useful STB Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Useful STB Info

Old 22-03-2005, 17:16   #16
Taz69
Inactive

Taz69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Useful STB Info

Hi Guys, I have a Pace DI4000 with a old style remote, (no services button) anyone know how I can get into the engineers menu to change the RF channel, its clashing with a Terrestial channel.

Thanks in advance

Taz
Taz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2005, 21:33   #17
NotTodayLove
Inactive

Services: BB, DTV and Telephone
NotTodayLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt,
A couple of points on your error codes.
All 3 codes stated will signify a definate replacement of stb and although a reboot may bring back a temp service for the err2 code it will not be a long term fix. Simple rule of thumb is if any of those 3 codes appear get onto CS for appt.
NotTodayLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 00:07   #18
alex_walke
Inactive

alex_walke is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just been fiddling with my STB and found a way to reset my STB without unplugging, its already mentioned on here but theyve got it down as changing the RF channel, but for me all it does is reboots my STB.

on the box itself hold SELECT, LEFT ARROW and SERVICES
alex_walke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 12:59   #19
Civilian
Inactive

Civilian is an unknown quantity at this point

To access the engineers screen on a Samsung STB unplug it and then hold CH+^ & CH-v (on the front) as its booting, once its on the white NTLHome screen and the front of the STB says LD14 (or somthing similer) you can let go and the engineers menu will load

Found this out when i was searching for a way to increase the STB's volume
Civilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:42   #20
snowman79
Inactive

snowman79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Black & white pictures

Black and white pictures can happen as a results of one of 2 things
1# Scart cable needs reseating causing loss of signal
2# Wrong output option set in STB as result of SOFTWare update or Boxswap
To fix stb option :
From main menu
1) Settings & services
2) Display & audio
3) change the option for video output from Composite to RGB, or other way round depending on television
4) press OK to save.

LOSS OF SOUND
can also be a result of the stb getting confused and setting the internal volume to ZERO 0 this can be fixed by following the steps above but changing the volume to a higher number then pressing OK to save.
snowman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 14:55   #21
indalo125
Inactive

indalo125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Useful STB Info

Please Note
If your are showing ERR1-4 faults or 8888
the stb requires replacement, by resetting the stb
this may help but is generaly short lived before the
fault re-appears.
indalo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2005, 17:40   #22
reg2814
Inactive

reg2814 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz69
Hi Guys, I have a Pace DI4000 with a old style remote, (no services button) anyone know how I can get into the engineers menu to change the RF channel, its clashing with a Terrestial channel.Thanks in advanceTaz
Hi
I've also got an RF question for my STB. NTL has replaced my old analogue STB with a General Instrument CFT 2143. The new box RF output is now on a different channel which is causing interdference with other equipment on my aerial system. Can anyone tell me how to change the RF channel output for this box?

Thanks, Reg
reg2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2005, 18:36   #23
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg2814
Hi
I've also got an RF question for my STB. NTL has replaced my old analogue STB with a General Instrument CFT 2143. The new box RF output is now on a different channel which is causing interdference with other equipment on my aerial system. Can anyone tell me how to change the RF channel output for this box?

Thanks, Reg
I think you have to ask NTL to do it via there system.
Old 12-01-2006, 23:01   #24
samidevils
Inactive

samidevils is an unknown quantity at this point

Faults 0800 052 2000 Option 3. Saves you queing for Cust services to be told to redial.
samidevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 00:19   #25
wilcoxm
Inactive

wilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilian
To access the engineers screen on a Samsung STB unplug it and then hold CH+^ & CH-v (on the front) as its booting, once its on the white NTLHome screen and the front of the STB says LD14 (or somthing similer) you can let go and the engineers menu will load

Found this out when i was searching for a way to increase the STB's volume
Forgive me if i am wrong, but does it not say in the top left hand corner " for engineers use only"

Surley who would want to change details in there, and potentially change something you shouldnt. Explain that to a engineer who calls and he might charge you for the visit.
wilcoxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2006, 02:58   #26
KevAmiga
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, SH2. Phone, Mobile.
KevAmiga is just really niceKevAmiga is just really niceKevAmiga is just really niceKevAmiga is just really niceKevAmiga is just really niceKevAmiga is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to KevAmiga Send a message via Yahoo to KevAmiga

If your Pace STB is stuck on "TUNE", power down, hold down key and power up. Once display says "BOOT" release down key. STB will take a while to boot but sometimes this can save an engineer by hard-resetting the STB.
KevAmiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 01:03   #27
Pinkypants
Inactive

Services: DTV Family Pack plus Sky Sports and Movies Collection, 2mg Broadband & TU Local
Pinkypants will become famous soon enoughPinkypants will become famous soon enoughPinkypants will become famous soon enough

Interactive and On Demand problems

Standard error messages : IS002 and MO44

If you get any of these error messages, or you cannot access the services at all, try the following checks:

1. Check all the cables are in securely
2. Check the smart card is seating correctly. The smart card should be in the bottom slot if your box has two slots with the arrow facing inwards and the gold chip facing downwards.
3. Try rebooting the box by switching the box off at the mains for 20 seconds.

If the above checks don't fix the fault, check the connection status on the box. There are two processes; One for samsung boxes, one for PACE boxes.

PACE Boxes

1. On your NTL remote look for the page up and down buttons. On the center of the remote you should also see small red, yellow, green and blue buttons.

2. Go on to BBC 1 on your NTL cable channels. Once the now and next bar has disappeared on the bottom of the screen, press page up, page down and the blue button frorm the red, yellow and green button selection.

3. You should get a menu on screen with Network Status on the top of the screen. If you have a diary or reminder screen, press TV, re read the above instructions and try again.

4. Go down the More option and press select.

5. On the next page go down to the More option and press select.

6. On the final page you should the Conn (Connection) Status. The Conn status should have 5 - connected next to it. If it states anything less than 5 connected, you have a poor signal quality going to the box. Reboot the box and do the Conn status check again. If you still have a poor connection, a faults tech will need to attend.

Samsung Boxes

1. On the front of your NTL box, on the channel number display, look out of a MCS light. See if the light is solid or flashing.

2. If the light is stable and solid, the connection status is good. If the light is flashing, reboot the box. If the light still flashes, you have a poor signal strength and you will need to phone faults and an engineer will need to attend.

Newly Installed Samsung Boxes

If you have a newly installed Samsung box in the property, there could be a software bug. Switch the box off at the mains for at least 3 minutes and switch it back on again. See if you can access Interactive / On demand now, if not call faults.

General Fault Advice

Always report the fault to NTL no matter what as soon as possible. Loss of Service credit and credit adjustments can only be put on the account if you have reported the fault to NTL. NTL have three days to fix a fault due to OFCOM regulations, after that you can apply for LOS credit. NTL do not recredit for area faults.
Pinkypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:12   #28
Pinkypants
Inactive

Services: DTV Family Pack plus Sky Sports and Movies Collection, 2mg Broadband & TU Local
Pinkypants will become famous soon enoughPinkypants will become famous soon enoughPinkypants will become famous soon enough

Just a quick note on the information provided for finding the connection status on your STB. For Langley customers do as above. For (with PACE / Samsung boxes) all Bromley customers, check the MCNS light on the front is on consistently, if not, call faults.

Hope that helps
Old 22-04-2006, 18:29   #29
Pinkypants
Inactive

Standard PINS for On Demand

Just had your STB and don't know the PIN? Try:

Langley :
0000 / 1234
Bromley :
1111 / 1234 / rarely last 4 digits of smartcard number

If you type your PIN in incorrectly 3 times your PIN will be locked out for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can try to enter your PIN again.

If none of the above helps you, call Faults and a signal will be sent down the reset the PIN. You will be advised of the new PIN when it is reset.
Old 30-10-2006, 00:16   #30
Repetition
Inactive

Repetition is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevAmiga View Post
If your Pace STB is stuck on "TUNE", power down, hold down key and power up. Once display says "BOOT" release down key. STB will take a while to boot but sometimes this can save an engineer by hard-resetting the STB.
Had this very problem for the first time tonight. After a few hours of frustration was about to follow The Damned's advice and "Smash It Up"... then remembered to try this forum. Low and behold... The Cure.... a partial cure anyway. It now progresses beyond "TUNE" to a message that says the channels are currently unavailable "may be due" to my cable becoming unplugged. I've checked connections already so it's not looking good. All the same.. I appreciate the tip.... TNX
Repetition is offline   Reply With Quote