Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 06-06-2016, 13:45   #1831
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

He will still be under contract with WWE and return in time for SummerSlam. At least they hope. As earlier though I'd expect a journeyman squash as a one off for Lesnar. Last time he out he was clearly unfit after surgery and was taken advantage of. At the same time he's got a glass chin as expected for an athlete that's jumped between sports, it isn't exclusive to him, Batista was absolutely awful in his sole fight and Bobby Lashley is the same with the exception of continuing in really poor promotions where he's naturally miles above the local talent, its why UFC haven't touched him. Fully expect CM Punk to get dropped at every strong hook too. With that in mind I doubt they'll put him in there with a strong puncher. Velasquez is booked and JDS is in line for the title. Maybe a final series battle with Mir but even that is risking a broken bone. His opponent is still TBD so it suggests a fringe or journeyman HW that'll take it on short notice.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-06-2016 at 14:29.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2016, 16:39   #1832
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Brock Lesnar opponent at UFC 200 is Mark Hunt.

This is bad This guy has scary one punch knockout power and Lesnar is hardly made of steel. I wonder if WWE knew about the opponent beforehand and what they now make of it. Honestly I can't see Lesnar winning unless he fights the entire match on the ground. If he stands with Hunt he will be obliterated. There's no doubt about that.

I really hope its worth the money. I honestly wouldn't care if they'd given him some fringe talent to win over in style but this is daft. Out of the game so long and hardly a world class fighter and they throw him Mark Hunt? Be serious.

WWE have two worries though, Brock getting knocked into next year or a true underdog win where he beats Hunt on his feet and puts himself in UFC title contention and ditches WWE for another run. The latter is likely impossible but still. Good luck to him and I'll always remember how he brought the HW division back from the dead but he just wasn't close enough to really big fighters in that division whom are now the best in the world.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-06-2016 at 16:49.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 22:42   #1833
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I hope he gets back to WWE unscathed and kicks the butt of Reigns if Rollins gets screwed out of the title.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 16:56   #1834
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

is it me or are they doing the same old cena story line comes out gets attacked by a newer person then loses one wins the rest it getting boring, why don't they just let him get the title again lose it get it again so he breaks the record for most championship belts ever then let him retire.
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 19:54   #1835
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

If you've not yet seen it The Resurrection of Jake the Snake on Netflix is a must.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 21:23   #1836
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

John Cena, Sasha Banks and The Ultimate Warrior Confirmed For WWE 2K17 Videogame at The E3 Expo in America. More WWE Superstars will be announced within the next 2 days at the E3 Expo. Also Former WCW Champion Goldberg is This Years Pre-Order Bonus For WWE 2K17.
undertakereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 09:38   #1837
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If you've not yet seen it The Resurrection of Jake the Snake on Netflix is a must.
*Jaw drops*

Watching it now....I knew he had problems from the other documentaries I'd seen him in but this is much, much more raw. I've got DDP's Yoga so I knew about him helping Jake but I had no idea just how low he went and also how close we were to losing him, several time.

I did know about the incident at that indy show either, it was very upsetting to watch. I can understand the promoter doing what he did at the show to try to get the fans their money's worth but it was so tragic.

Really happy at how happier and peaceful he seems to be now though
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 00:31   #1838
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
John Cena, Sasha Banks and The Ultimate Warrior Confirmed For WWE 2K17 Videogame at The E3 Expo in America. More WWE Superstars will be announced within the next 2 days at the E3 Expo. Also Former WCW Champion Goldberg is This Years Pre-Order Bonus For WWE 2K17.
Rumour says they're trying to bring Mysterio, Goldberg, Angle and Jeff Hardy back to kick off the brand split.
Old 21-06-2016, 06:29   #1839
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Did not see Ambrose's title win at MITB coming, excellent writing on their part for a change especially after either Cole or JBL (I can't remember who) suggested he might cash it in later in the night just after he won the briefcase - WWE are always careful to never hint at a shock swerve.

Interesting to see how they'll play out the Reigns/Ambrose friendship from here.
Old 21-06-2016, 20:44   #1840
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Breaking News: WWE Have Suspended Former WWE World Heaviweight Champion Roman Reigns for 30 Days due to violating the Wellness Policy.

Info from wrestlingnewsource.com
Old 21-06-2016, 21:58   #1841
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

That's why he dropped the belt, shocked it took this long for him to fail a wellness test. Never rated him, hopefully he will fade into midcard obscurity on his return.
Old 21-06-2016, 22:09   #1842
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Absolutely toxic as an attempted face. If either Angle or Goldberg rumour is true I'll actually start watching again. Angle is a wrestling god. It took me growing up a bit to truly admire his in ring ability, heel or face he's a genuine hall of fame talent.

However its increasing likely that the true returnees are Carlito and MVP.
Old 22-06-2016, 07:36   #1843
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
That's why he dropped the belt, shocked it took this long for him to fail a wellness test. Never rated him, hopefully he will fade into midcard obscurity on his return.
I can't see them fading him out. They've spent a lot of time and money engineering him in to being Cena's replacement and as there's nobody else directly behind him they'd use as a family-friendly face of the company it wouldn't make sense to de-push him.

He's already had preferential treatment, word is doing the rounds he failed the wellness test last week yet they waited until yesterday to suspend him. OK I get the fact they'd want him to drop the belt first but I don't recall WWE ever allowing someone a few days grace before suspending them. Plus the suspension is up 3 days before Battleground.

He'll be back as Superman.
Old 27-06-2016, 20:19   #1844
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Brock Lesnar is Officially on The Front Cover of WWE 2K17 Videogame 2K Have Announced. Also Paul Heyman has done some Voiceover Work for WWE 2K17.

Info from wrestlingnewsource.com
Old 27-06-2016, 22:57   #1845
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Excellent, might purchase the game with Brock on the cover.