Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 16-06-2011, 13:59   #601
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

qasdfdsaq wow your graph looks very different to some months ago. It looks way better than mine now apart from the 10pm to midnight. But of course your not uplifted yet.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2011, 15:48   #602
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Well that's half the problem. The graph "looks" better yet between the left and right sides of the graph performance decreases by 75%.

Still, studentville, this happens every holiday season. Everyone moves out and over a weekend suddenly my speed triples.

I'm got a feeling that VM's excuse is that load average over the whole year is "reasonable" so area isn't congested... That said the last tech I had come by admitted 90% of the capacity was in use 90% of the time.

But as an example of the students on holiday symptom, last Sunday:

Sunday two weeks ago:

(Term ends 27th May)

Sunday three weeks ago:

Sunday in the middle of term (Feb):

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

And if we look back to January,

Sunday 9th:

Term starts Monday 10th

By the next Sunday (16th):
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 22:28   #603
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

fair point, I forgot term has ended.

This also goes to show my current issues arent studentville related now :p
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 22:50   #604
slef2003
Inactive

slef2003 is on a distinguished roadslef2003 is on a distinguished road

not unusual for me these days!!! Why oh Why did I "upgrade" from my rock solid 20meg with a stand alone modem service?
slef2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 13:37   #605
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Well that's half the problem. The graph "looks" better yet between the left and right sides of the graph performance decreases by 75%.

Still, studentville, this happens every holiday season. Everyone moves out and over a weekend suddenly my speed triples.
Interesting set of comparisons there, based on usage patterns of neighbours on the same segment.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 21:44   #606
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

My Live Broadband Quality Monitor 10meg Broadband
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 22:11   #607
asbo dog
Inactive

asbo dog is an unknown quantity at this point

@tdadyslexia

a up dude, seen that mug some where before.

i have noticed since having service suspend a couple of times that my latency was alot worse at peak times when i was on upstream channel 2

Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 2 20480 Kbits/sec 35800000 Hz 46.7 dBmV

When i am on channel 1 i dont get as bad a peak time latency increase

Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 1 20480 Kbits/sec 45800000 Hz 45.7 dBmV

being new to cable is there any one within vm that can be spoken to and get a upstream feq change done if my kit starts using channel 2 again?
asbo dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 02:47   #608
BeafSalad
Inactive

BeafSalad is an unknown quantity at this point

Been like this since Monday. Perfectly acceptible compared to my graphs in earlier posts.
BeafSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 08:54   #609
asbo dog
Inactive

asbo dog is an unknown quantity at this point

since getting service un suspended, seems the latency is pretty similar in oldham across 30mb and 50mb looking at yours beef, that said the cust that got my old ip is on same ubr as us but cant rule out the user end setup for that shocking latency

feel sorry for the dude that was given my old ip address thoe as the monitor for past week why i have been down has been pinging it and it don't look pretty. there in my area from traceroutes and my god the ctms don't handle routing from an to local area, as i tested with ping -t and packetloss was insane and if they made it through the time was shocking.

Why are the ctms so dog eggs at routing 2 customers on same ctms?

asbo dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 23:08   #610
Efour
Inactive

Efour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really nice

Efour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 23:28   #611
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbo dog View Post
@tdadyslexia
a up dude, seen that mug some where before.
I that you have, so you have joined NTL / Virgin Media, is it all going ok for you?
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 08:09   #612
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbo dog View Post
Why are the ctms so dog eggs at routing 2 customers on same ctms?
Maybe he's just torrenting?
Old 26-06-2011, 17:23   #613
TJS
Inactive

Services: 50 Mb broadband; TV XL V+ & V, Phone XL
TJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really nice

Spike near the beginning is when i was downloading GMOD
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 18:36   #614
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Tralalala...

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 26-06-2011, 19:29   #615
TJS
Inactive

Services: 50 Mb broadband; TV XL V+ & V, Phone XL
TJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Tralalala...

what isp is that?
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote