Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub & Virgin Media Business

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Old 14-11-2011, 18:21   #166
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

What's the situation with inclusive calls? Just that the current BB&phone has inclusive calls but the website has now removed all mention of them.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2011, 01:29   #167
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

My understanding is that there is atill an option for inclusive calls, which now include calls to UK mobiles up to 10 mins.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 14:20   #168
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

any word yet on upgrades? Or is it going to be the usual January..no sorry May..no sorry October that we've come to expect from VMB
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 19:48   #169
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

I called last Friday to be told upgrades are still a few weeks away. However since some here have had upgrades, I called again on Monday to be told yes I can take your upgrade order. I was told to expect an email to confirm details. I also now have the email and direct number for the person dealing with it for me. So when I hadn't had the email confirmation by Wednesday I called him back to hear they are processing so many upgrade orders per day and his next batch was thursday. However I have still not received the upgrade email I was expecting. So not really sure whether it is happening or not.

Stephen if you are about could you confirm?
Old 11-02-2012, 21:44   #170
itcomms
Inactive

Services: 50MB Virgin Business Internet
itcomms is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been on the Superhub 50MB Business package since 31-01-2012 and had problems since day 1.

keep losing connection to the internet etc. they changed our router and this still continued to happen.

I have now been called this evening saying there is a firmware issue that if you are using static IPs and using services like VoIP / VPN which uses UDP then this is the reason for the connection dropping.

its a fault with the firmware which im told is being looked into.

I have asked the question that if we turn the superhub into a gateway (Modem Only) and supply our own rotuer, (we would need to have more then the 1 static IP for this to work) would this solve the issue?

the fault is due to the L2TP Tunel and my logic is that if the fault is with the superhub firmware then why not turn the superhub into a modem only and suppy our own router which will then manage the L2TP Tunel would this give us a stable connection.

VM said in therory yes, but will get this confirmed this week.

I have however been offered the option to downgrand to the 10MB service which will use the standalone modem and solve the issue until the firmware is fixed.
itcomms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 21:57   #171
ccarmock
cf.geek

The issue is there is no modem only mode on the current version of the business Superhub firmware.

While you can put your own router behind the Superhub and assign it a public routable static IP address if you have a routed subet from VMB - this doesn't stop the Superhub routing. What it does do though is stop the Superhub NATting.

You would then run any NAT you require on your router. I have this config now and don't have issues with UDP services like VoIP and VPN.

Therefore I wonder if it is a NAT issue?
Old 11-02-2012, 22:03   #172
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

as much as I love VM for speed, being forced to have the shub as a router is enough to put me off VM for life. What nipple head at VM thinks the shub is so amazing that it can out class Cisco routers? I am actually lost for words it is such a stupid idea.

In terms of logic you would have thought it would be the other way around where they would have released modem mode for businesses and forced the routing fuction on domestic users.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 22:07   #173
itcomms
Inactive

VM told me this evening that if we upgrade to have 8 Static IPs this would then mean the superhub would simple act as a gateway / modem

how long as your connection been active for without going offline or resetting?

the problem we have is we are a VoIP company who supply and support VoIP Phone Systems and we use this our selfs in the office.

last week i was on a call (VoIP) and last the call and noticed the superhub connection had reset.

it appears the L2TP side is the issue and confirmed by VM tonight.
Old 11-02-2012, 22:19   #174
ccarmock
cf.geek

That's not true - the Superhub will continue to route if you have 8 static IP addresses. What it won't do is perform NAT.

I have had it setup in this NO NAT mode since day one. Current uptime of the SuperHub is 39 days.

If you have static IP addresses you will always have the L2TP tunnel, but I wonder if the combination of NAT that causes this as opposed to routing?

I was told that modem only mode for the business Superhub firmware is coming though.

Something worth adding - I have wireless on the Superhub completely disabled, and am using a Cisco 881W behind it for wireless connectivity.
Old 11-02-2012, 22:22   #175
itcomms
Inactive

Do i need to contact VM to do anything before we use our own router?

what do i need to do to get our own router working.

Disable the L2TP on the superhub and enable it on the new (second router)??
Old 11-02-2012, 22:36   #176
ccarmock
cf.geek

Strictly speaking no, but it doesn't gain you a lot on it's own. Also depending on your config you could end up double NATting. So if you contact them to have a routed subnet applied to your account then you can disable NAT on the Superhub and perform that on your own router. This is the option I went for, and don't suffer the resets you do.

I dont' believe VMB supper the option of you formign the L2TP tunnel on your own router. That would still be carried out on the Superhub even in modem only mode I gather.
Old 11-02-2012, 22:45   #177
itcomms
Inactive

so to confrim by doing what you have, you have had no downtime in 39 days?

once VM have enabled it. what do i need to do on the superhub and the new router?
Old 11-02-2012, 22:52   #178
ccarmock
cf.geek

Thats right - the Superhub has been solid stable for 39 days continuously.

Note earlier I mentioed also WiFi is disabled on the Superhub.

I am not sure of the process you need to go through if you change to a routed subnet - VMB might send an engineer to do the config. You can do it yourself though - did you get the PDF of the userguide - that explains how to setup the business Superhub from scratch and includes full config details of the routed subnet option.
Old 11-02-2012, 22:58   #179
itcomms
Inactive

No. did not get the PDF can you supply me a copy?
Old 11-02-2012, 23:02   #180
ccarmock
cf.geek

Sure - PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy over.