Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2016, 19:40   #196
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: US Election 2016

Yet everyone would undoubtedly take Obama over both. That's politics now though. Have a look at Donald Trump and Clinton's respected sub's on Reddit. Enjoy the users posting completely unverified nonsense on both.

I get it though. One of these tools is the future and a lot would prefer Clinton over the madman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/

That's what I mean. You'll find plenty of stupid stuff there.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 30-09-2016 at 19:47.
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2016, 19:46   #197
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
What rant? He made typical Trump comments. He was being interviewed and made a clear anti-muslim jibe at the wife in relation to womens rights in Islam. If he said anything worse after that then I haven't seen it yet. It was hardly a series of tweets in caps. But yes, people exorcised their right to be offended and Trump further pandered to the scumbag racist redneck. Being Politically correct doesn't apply to the entire US and the cack from his mouth is like a message from God to the same scumbag redneck above. No one disputes it's wrong, but it's not the suicidal move people make out.
He tanked in the polls after that. The type of people who would welcome having a go at a soliders family if they're Muslim are not likely to be moderate or Democratic voters.

He keeps doing things like this. Turning off moderate voters who don't like Clinton but can't bring themselves to vote for him.

Quote:
It's never a serious question, it's a taunt. He knows fine well she didn't and this is literally him poking her with a stick whilst grinning.
Clinton is an experienced politician. She'll cut this together into an ad and highlight the part about the sex tape. Again people on Reddit might think 'what a legend' but they're in his demographic anyway. Everyone else is going to think he is a nut job.

You keep making out as if this is wise from Trump. Every time he pulls a stunt like this he suffers in the polls and the closer we get to the election the more it matters if he loses voters.

If he knows what he is doing then he is trying to throw the election, if he doesn't then he is off his head.
Old 30-09-2016, 19:51   #198
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Sorry if I come out that way. I don't mean calculated in intentions to winning. I mean literally succeeding in stirring the pot. He isnt posting without thinking, theres an intention behind it. I think he's trying to throw it whilst looking like a winner or someone that is trying. If he isn't then I swear he's just pandering to rednecks in the hope they'll come out an vote. Probably less votes than Clinton but how does he honestly change his tone now? Far too deep.

Throwing the election or pandering to racists.. What other reason could there be? So if I'm wrong and he is actually posting with intention to actually win this can anyone think of a reasonable alternative to literally looking for the casual racist or redneck for reasoning behind comments he makes. Like looking for those on the anti-muslim wagon. I only say it because I believe Brexit did exactly this in places like Sunderland, literally seen it firsthand. There's also the speaks his mind element which will rally some troops behind him. Again that'll cost him votes too but who really knows until Election day.

What gets me most is he has vocal ethic minority supporters.

On another note, I do seriously question Hillary's health though, that Telegraph piece of her appearing to faint did it for me.

All of this makes me eternally grateful to be British, I used to think JC was the madman.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 30-09-2016 at 20:22.
Old 30-09-2016, 21:15   #199
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'd rather have a sick Clinton than a cockwomble..
Old 30-09-2016, 22:05   #200
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'd rather have a sick Clinton than a cockwomble..
I rather fancy a cockwomble.
Old 30-09-2016, 22:12   #201
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Lets not forget that Trumps wife is a playmate and could end up being first lady of the USA .
And your issue with that is?
Old 30-09-2016, 22:39   #202
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Don't think he has an issue, he's just applying the same logic as trump and sex tape. Rather than go for her being a liar, he went for the nudes. Ironically his wife has a history.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:59   #203
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And your issue with that is?
Quote:
Don't think he has an issue, he's just applying the same logic as trump and sex tape. Rather than go for her being a liar, he went for the nudes. Ironically his wife has a history.
Exactly ,his attitude shows a degree of hypocrisy .Not to mention that the First Lady is generally seen as an example of the country's morality ,good ,wholesome family maker sort of thing ,not a star of nude photos on the cover of GQ magazine and naked photos in a Lesbian themed shoot with a Swedish model.The whole thing is like an episode of South Park not an election to decide who runs the most powerful nation in the world

Trumps recent outburst shows he has his shocking attitude towards women in general on top of his attitude towards various ethnic groups

Old 01-10-2016, 10:22   #204
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This by the way is one of the worst outcomes: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...bate-interview

It depends what he means about not accepting the result but it's already hinted at the election being rigged. If he loses fairly, i.e we don't have another Florida event, but he still refuses to accept the result then the division in America could be extreme what with the proliferation of conspiracy theories these days. Hopefully moderate Republicans don't back it but you can bet RT, Sputnik and their ilk will be 'uncovering' stuff to feed those conspiracies.
Old 01-10-2016, 19:19   #205
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I did read claims about dead people being registered to vote. Not sure where I've seen it now. Sounds daft though.

Found it: http://m.richmond.com/news/virginia/....html?mode=jqm

Naturally Trump goers are claiming fix but unless these dead people actually vote for a candidate then its irrelevant? What if they vote for Trump.

Claiming fix implies either candidate knows too. This could be some Clinton or Trump fanatic doing it on their own back.

Not supporting a conspiracy theory but given revelations in the past decades I'd say Election rigging isn't that far fetched anymore. (MK Ultra, Project Northwoods as examples of the ludicrous come true) Luckily JFK stopped the latter event happening and some claim he paid the price for that. We'll find out next year what investigations really think happened though.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 01-10-2016 at 19:23.
Old 01-10-2016, 19:59   #206
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I did read claims about dead people being registered to vote. Not sure where I've seen it now. Sounds daft though.
You're thinking of Sideshow Bob in The Simpsons.

Quote:
Found it: http://m.richmond.com/news/virginia/....html?mode=jqm

Naturally Trump goers are claiming fix but unless these dead people actually vote for a candidate then its irrelevant? What if they vote for Trump.

Claiming fix implies either candidate knows too. This could be some Clinton or Trump fanatic doing it on their own back.

Not supporting a conspiracy theory but given revelations in the past decades I'd say Election rigging isn't that far fetched anymore. (MK Ultra, Project Northwoods as examples of the ludicrous come true) Luckily JFK stopped the latter event happening and some claim he paid the price for that. We'll find out next year what investigations really think happened though.
It is pretty far fetched. The American voting system is a mess and it allows a lot of mistakes to be made but conversely it also makes it hard for anyone to rig it in any real scale.

First of all the voting system isn't centralised. Each state has their own way of doing it and even then it can be devolved further to districts. This is partly why Florida was such a mess in 2000 as different districts had different ballots! Even the ballot forms aren't standardised. In the UK only the names change but the forms are a standard, simple design. In the USA they have complicated elections with many elections happening at once and often on the same form. So the choice for President shares a slip with choices for Senate and congressional races if required and god knows whatever other races they have running at the same time (local police sheriff, majors, etc).

Even if they tried to rig one state, a swing state, then it would require intervention and co-operation from a large amount of people.

There are issues though. People who share similar names to criminals being taken off the ballot, the fact ballot forms can be confusing (see butterfly ballots), long lines. All of which would be theory be done intentionally to disenfranchise voters. I.E Passing a law to require photo ID may prevent certain demographic groups from voting or making ballots confusing may impact older people, people with mental impairments and so on.

Again though it's not a fix and unless we get a close election where a few hundred votes in one state is the difference then we're not going to have a rigged election.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:23   #207
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...#ixzz4LuUIrnCa

Quote:
Donald Trump reported a nearly $1 billion loss on his 1995 tax returns and could therefore have avoided paying federal income taxes for almost two decades, the New York Times reported on Saturday, putting another unexpected exclamation point on what had already been one of the worst weeks for any presidential nominee in recent memory.
So now we know why he didn't release his tax returns.

Meanwhile Trump has been accusing Hillary Clinton of cheating on her husband: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...on-bill-229011
Old 02-10-2016, 09:01   #208
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...#ixzz4LuUIrnCa

So now we know why he didn't release his tax returns.

Meanwhile Trump has been accusing Hillary Clinton of cheating on her husband: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...on-bill-229011
Amusing from a man who openly cheated on his first wife (with the woman who became his second wife, before he went on to divorce her as well...).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...97f_story.html

Hypocrisy, much?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 02-10-2016 at 09:10.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:00   #209
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

To be honest if she had who would've blamed her? Given her husbands track record I'm fairly sure no one would care if Hillary got some sweet revenge. Not really a viable attack for Trump as people would just point out good ole Bill was a bit of a dishonest man
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49   #210
RizzyKing

Who'd have thought there would be an election campaign that made the EU referendum campaign look almost civilised trump seems to be doing his best to scupper his own campaign. I've never thought highly of him as a businessman but he did appear to know how to play the politics game i bet right now the republican party is regretting having him as their one and only candidate.

Closed Thread