Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 30-03-2008, 17:54   #106
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Done all the C and B class races. Now things are getting a bit harder in A. I say I did C + B but I did get silver in 2 C races and in 2 B races. Won first A Class with Gold but need a better car with better handling I think.

Any1 else on the A class ? can you recommend a good car to use now. I used the Nissan GT-R for the first race and its fast but its not so good for the twist and turns as it can easy spin out of control.

Also whats with people just trying to ram you off the track online ? It's so sad. People are to busy playing bumper cares lol.

Here's some info on the car damage possibly comming soon. Maybe in an update or maybe in the full release.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/29/...ormation-soon/
I really don't understand Sony saying some manufacturers don't like the idea of car damage, PGR to name but one has licenced cars that you can damage for years.

I am on Class B and there are a few from C and B that I can only get silver on, namely a couple of the timed laps and passing all cars on one lap.
Old 30-03-2008, 18:21   #107
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I am on Class B and there are a few from C and B that I can only get silver on, namely a couple of the timed laps and passing all cars on one lap.
The idea is, so I am lead to belive is that you complete all classes (doesn't matter if you get the odd bronze/silver) and that unlocks a quick tune feature, which will allow you to tune up a car. Then you go back and change the bronze/silver into gold.

I'm not 100% about this, but I am going off what I have read and been told, so dinnae blame me if it's no true.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 19:42   #108
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
The idea is, so I am lead to belive is that you complete all classes (doesn't matter if you get the odd bronze/silver) and that unlocks a quick tune feature, which will allow you to tune up a car. Then you go back and change the bronze/silver into gold.

I'm not 100% about this, but I am going off what I have read and been told, so dinnae blame me if it's no true.
From what I understand is you complete, A,B and C and that unlocks S class which is the tuning class. You can't tune in any other class still.

I think they seem to have made a couple of the challenges a bit too challenging!
Old 30-03-2008, 19:59   #109
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I really don't understand Sony saying some manufacturers don't like the idea of car damage, PGR to name but one has licenced cars that you can damage for years.

The problem is that GT is using alot of cars and they are all official cars so they have to get the damage licence for them all. It would be a bit silly if you could damage some cars but not others. At least thats my thinking.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 20:34   #110
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
From what I understand is you complete, A,B and C and that unlocks S class which is the tuning class. You can't tune in any other class still.

I think they seem to have made a couple of the challenges a bit too challenging!
Cheers for that!

I like it that it's a wee bit too challenging, doesn't make the game easy to complete and add that wee bit more competition to it.

For example. C Class - Race where you have to beat the lap times with the Cappucino. Tricky, but imo with a wee bit of effort, can be done. Also the Honda Integra race where the mini Cooper always wins. I have been 0.55 seconds away from it. Again, bit of effort and jobs a good un.

I am just concentrating on unlocking all classes just now, then tidy up the silvers and bronzes.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:28   #111
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
The problem is that GT is using alot of cars and they are all official cars so they have to get the damage licence for them all. It would be a bit silly if you could damage some cars but not others. At least thats my thinking.
PGR has loads of cars also as does Forza, and they both have car damage. I think its more that Polyphony Digital(that make GT) aren't really fussed about car damaged, even though fans really want it. As its probably a lot of effort to create the car damage models.

Not only that but GT still uses all the same sound effects that were in the original GT1 on the PSone. You'd think they would have updated there sound files a bit by now.

Both mentioned games have cars by ferrari and Lamborgini and are damagable, so I don't see where Polyphony are coming from saying that there are car manufacturers not willing to allow damage.

Also GT is lacking Porsche cars and yet these other games feature them, I think there is some more to these being missing from GT.

Still its a decent enough game all the same. Although on 720p I find the game has a lot of jaggies, where as at 1080i they are not noticable.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:49   #112
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
PGR has loads of cars also as does Forza, and they both have car damage. I think its more that Polyphony Digital(that make GT) aren't really fussed about car damaged, even though fans really want it. As its probably a lot of effort to create the car damage models.

Not only that but GT still uses all the same sound effects that were in the original GT1 on the PSone. You'd think they would have updated there sound files a bit by now.

Both mentioned games have cars by ferrari and Lamborgini and are damagable, so I don't see where Polyphony are coming from saying that there are car manufacturers not willing to allow damage.

Also GT is lacking Porsche cars and yet these other games feature them, I think there is some more to these being missing from GT.

Still its a decent enough game all the same. Although on 720p I find the game has a lot of jaggies, where as at 1080i they are not noticable.
But do they have all the cars that GT has ? If so then I can see your point but if not then it is possible that 1 -2 could be creating the problem.

Your right that the GT series didnt seem bothered about Damage but personally I aint to bothered about it either. I know thats personal preference though. If it does get the go ahead then it has to be done right as GT is a Driving Sim and we dont want burnout damage lol or Need for speed pro-street type crashes (Damn they are bad, Poorly Bad).

GT prides itself on having car realism e.g. handling/speed etc etc. I know for some not having the damage is annoying but I dont think its a majour problem as the GT series has always done well the way it is and why change something if its not broke ? Especially if the 1million just on pre-order's was correct for a game thats basically a demo to the full release.

As for missing porsche cars well dont forget as said this is only a taste of the full game. There are many many more cars that will be available once the full game is released. 60+ cars for a demo is bloody good TBH if you ask me.

I do see your point and I think its maybe a mix of both points rasied.
Old 30-03-2008, 22:09   #113
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Porsche cars were in GT4 under the name of RUF, if my memory serves me right, RUF is a company that converts Porsches and make them 'better', Like AMG do with Mercedes.

http://www.rufautocentre.com/
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 22:51   #114
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
Porsche cars were in GT4 under the name of RUF, if my memory serves me right, RUF is a company that converts Porsches and make them 'better', Like AMG do with Mercedes.

Yup you are correct indeed. Damage is apparenlty going to be added to cars in the final release. I am sure icestar2 posted a link earlier with regards to car damage. So it is something that is being worked on.

I remember in GT3 that in endurance races, you had to pit in to change tyres because of tyre damage and change the oil every so often. That's the only damage I have seen in any of the GT titles.

Right off for a game now. Going to try and conquer London.
Old 30-03-2008, 23:10   #115
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
But do they have all the cars that GT has ? If so then I can see your point but if not then it is possible that 1 -2 could be creating the problem.

Your right that the GT series didnt seem bothered about Damage but personally I aint to bothered about it either. I know thats personal preference though. If it does get the go ahead then it has to be done right as GT is a Driving Sim and we dont want burnout damage lol or Need for speed pro-street type crashes (Damn they are bad, Poorly Bad).

GT prides itself on having car realism e.g. handling/speed etc etc. I know for some not having the damage is annoying but I dont think its a majour problem as the GT series has always done well the way it is and why change something if its not broke ? Especially if the 1million just on pre-order's was correct for a game thats basically a demo to the full release.

As for missing porsche cars well dont forget as said this is only a taste of the full game. There are many many more cars that will be available once the full game is released. 60+ cars for a demo is bloody good TBH if you ask me.

I do see your point and I think its maybe a mix of both points rasied.
From the car lists on all three games I think they have almost the same roster of manufacturers.

I wouldn't actually say that GT5P is a demo. GT HD was a demo. To me a demo is something that maybe offers 1 or 2 levels or maybe 4-5 cars. Something on a small scale. GT5P is more like a scaled down full game. Offering 71 cars and 7 tracks is not a demo.

This is at least a full game of sorts.

The same was said of GT 4 Prologue. That I am sure had a lot less than GT5P
Old 30-03-2008, 23:11   #116
mouqeet
cf.addict

Services: VM
mouqeet is an unknown quantity at this point

Try gettin turismo on ebay i heard it cheap on there
mouqeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 23:12   #117
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post

They do that yes but the actual RUF branded cars are built from the ground up on new, un-numbered Porsche chassis. Maybe the Porsche licence will be negotiated for the final game.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 23:24   #118
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
From the car lists on all three games I think they have almost the same roster of manufacturers.

I wouldn't actually say that GT5P is a demo. GT HD was a demo. To me a demo is something that maybe offers 1 or 2 levels or maybe 4-5 cars. Something on a small scale. GT5P is more like a scaled down full game. Offering 71 cars and 7 tracks is not a demo.

This is at least a full game of sorts.

The same was said of GT 4 Prologue. That I am sure had a lot less than GT5P
Yeah fair point I do agree thats its far more than a demo I was just putting it in layman's terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
For example. C Class - Race where you have to beat the lap times with the Cappucino. Tricky, but imo with a wee bit of effort, can be done. Also the Honda Integra race where the mini Cooper always wins. I have been 0.55 seconds away from it. Again, bit of effort and jobs a good un.
My fingers are bleeding almost but I have finally just got Gold on that one m8 just this minute lol. I must of played it 40-50 times lol but I finally beat the Mini Cooper right at the end comming just 0.14 ahead. I think the trick is you have to use the slipstream like the race description tells you. Flat out it was hitting 157 but when using the slip stream of the other cars around me I was hittin 165-168
Old 31-03-2008, 11:31   #119
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

icestar - I smashed London up last night with a Honda Integra Type R '07, that made me clear B class with only one silver and one bronze on there. I started A class and wiped the floor with the Ferrari F430 '06 using the Nissan GT-R '07. I have now got gold on all the races of the Gran Turismo series in A class. I am going to complete the rest today.

Don't forget there are other events you can enter too. Look in the Dealership and you will see events whilst browsing cars from different manurfacturers. So even after the claasess are done, there is still plenty to do.
Old 31-03-2008, 15:50   #120
icestar2
Inactive

I have done one of the dealership races but cant remember which one. I have all gold but 1 silver in C now. I have gold but 2 silver in B I think and I have 2 golds 2 silvers and a bronze in A still with around 5 races to play yet.

I stated using the Chevrolet Corvette Z07 on the A class and its been helping me out alot.

Glad to hear that you destroyed london with the Honda Integra. That car really just does eat the track up