Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

Old 22-12-2008, 11:40   #46
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The problem though is that it's not actually stated as such in the Koran but instead as with most religions it's how people interpret the sayings....

Look at South Africa the boers took passages from the old testament about the Isrealites in Caanan and used it to justify slavery and later on aparthied....

But as religion is mainly about interpretations it then really is upto the individual....(pity not all religious people see it that way)
Actually the Koran states avoiding intoxicants.

"O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and the altars of idols, and the games of chance are abominations of the devil; you shall avoid them, that you may succeed." 5:90

This is pretty clear cut if you ask me. Avoid intoxicants. There are other verses that forbid consumption of intoxicants/drugs. As far as I am aware, muslims should avoid alcohol fullstop. This includes drinking, selling, buying, giving. Its an opinion shared by most of the prominent scholars of the religion.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2008, 11:57   #47
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Yep but 4:43 states that it should be avoided whilst attending prayers (it doesn't say at all times) and 2:219 I believe says that alcohol contains some good as well as evil....and then Mohammed latter forbids the drinking of even a small amount of something that causes intoxication in a large amount...Lately I presume that also means drugs.....

In the end the words are not totally accurate as the line you specified and I specifoed are english and the original could be interpreted a couple of different ways (even from old to new Arabic) which is why i suppose some muslim women cover from head to to where others just wear a simple scarf showing thier face and long sleeve tops....
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 12:08   #48
zing_deleted

do you have the scripts about dress code also and do they have discrepancies also? if so she could have worn the dress on the same growns she can serve booze
Old 22-12-2008, 12:09   #49
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Yep but 4:43 states that it should be avoided whilst attending prayers (it doesn't say at all times) and 2:219 I believe says that alcohol contains some good as well as evil....and then Mohammed latter forbids the drinking of even a small amount of something that causes intoxication in a large amount...Lately I presume that also means drugs.....

In the end the words are not totally accurate as the line you specified and I specifoed are english and the original could be interpreted a couple of different ways (even from old to new Arabic) which is why i suppose some muslim women cover from head to to where others just wear a simple scarf showing thier face and long sleeve tops....
This is why as well as the Koran, one should look at the Hadith (teachings of the prophet) and the interpretations of recognised scholars of Islam in order to get a more complete understanding of the religion. You cannot make an assumption by looking at two different verses. There is a lot behind the time the verse was revealed, as verses which supercede it as such. For example earlier verses of the Koran stated that the wine made from dates was permissable. Later in the Koran this is made haram(forbidden).

From what I know, and what I have been taught alcohol is prohibited in Islam. This extends to the involvement, be it selling, drinking, giving, buying etc etc. This is a common consensus.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 13:00   #50
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Maybe the girl should go and work here instead. Not sure what the uniform is like though.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 13:08   #51
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I always though music, dancing and generally having fun was not permitted under Islamic law

I'm not trolling, i'm being serious.... http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=11183
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 13:53   #52
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
if she has legit concerns of sexual harrassment thats a different matter, its a reason why some bars and clubs have bouncers. SO if she has a complaint she is been sexually harrassed and the employer hasnt got adequate policies to deal with it then fair enough, but she is rambling on about wearing a uniform as well.

Of course its usual for some bars to have women wearing revealing clothing for a very obvious reason which I hope I dont have to explain.

When I first read the article I thought she was asked to wear it and was the only one asked, but now I understand its a uniform for all the bar staff I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Dont you see the idiocy of the claim when you see the clothing she wears in the picture of her normal clothes?
So any male bar staff should be happy to wear it then?
Old 22-12-2008, 14:10   #53
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So any male bar staff should be happy to wear it then?
if it comes in a 48 " chest and there's plenty of seat room for the twins
Old 22-12-2008, 14:20   #54
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Going for a leak will be quick and risk-free too.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 14:29   #55
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

she has a cute face but is an embarrassment to herself with her stupid comp claim.

and I'm not convinced she's a genuine muslim - I wouldnt be surprised if it turned out she'd converted to it as part of a cunning plan to make some money.

http://sheikyermami.com/2008/12/18/s...ll-night-long/

and she's been a waitress for 14 years so must know people are expected to wear uniforms.

I assume when she went to the interview prior to getting the job she saw the staff in uniform?
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 16:08   #56
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I always though music, dancing and generally having fun was not permitted under Islamic law

I'm not trolling, i'm being serious.... http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=11183
That is a very depressing site punky...with all those rules how can anyone have fun.

PS I find it hard to believe that music is banned in Islam, except by the likes of strict saudi's and severe talibs. This lot must be the Islamic version of Opus Dei.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 16:45   #57
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
That is a very depressing site punky...with all those rules how can anyone have fun.

PS I find it hard to believe that music is banned in Islam, except by the likes of strict saudi's and severe talibs. This lot must be the Islamic version of Opus Dei.
Reading a fair amount of that forum thread I think the killjoys are at the extreme end of interpretations of the Koran.Sounds like everyone else knows how to have fun within the rules of their faith.

Reminds me of the extremist Puritans of the 17th century but of course extremists seldom get their own way for very long.

Anyway this twi.....woman I suspect is going to lose...
Old 22-12-2008, 16:51   #58
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Reading a fair amount of that forum thread I think the killjoys are at the extreme end of interpretations of the Koran.Sounds like everyone else knows how to have fun within the rules of their faith.

Reminds me of the extremist Puritans of the 17th century but of course extremists seldom get their own way for very long.

Ironic really when you think that a man who's statue stands outside Parliament, Oliver Cromwell, is exactly the kind of religious extremist we are trying to discourage...funny old world.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 17:34   #59
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Your forgeting that this is the UK, she is a enthic minority.

She will win, and get compo.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Currently in the google ad.

Old 22-12-2008, 17:35   #60
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Your forgeting that this is the UK, she is a enthic minority.

She will win, and get compo.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Currently in the google ad.

Well we'll see..I have confidence on the good sense of the courts over this issue.