Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

Old 19-12-2008, 18:05   #16
zing_deleted

Re: Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

She is just lying to try to get money.
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2008, 18:38   #17
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Any job in a bar/pub attracts sexual attention, but this woman is trying to use her race to her advantage. In my local pub all the barmaids have had blokes pestering them, but the majority just know how to deal with them.

Remind me of the pretty young 18 year old barmaid we had working there, one night she came to the end of the bar where I was standing looked very upset and she said.

'Kev, that bloke just said he wants to xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxx with me, are you going to say something to him'

I said 'Damn right I am, I'm going to tell him he can join the queue'
Old 20-12-2008, 19:12   #18
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
she was ordered to wear a clinging, sleeveless, bright red dress that had a plunging neckline and was open at the back.

Miss Lemes said she tried the outfit on and found it was "physically revealing and openly sexual".
Erm, maybe she had it on back-to-front?
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 19:32   #19
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

Its a lot of nonsense about nothing. Just plain old crap stirring.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 19:41   #20
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

no one should be forced to wear anything they are not comfortable wearing
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:10   #21
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
I agree. If the article is true she is using Islam as the basis of her action. If she's doing this then I as a muslim would say she's being a hypocrite as she shouldnt be working in a bar in the first place.

I think more people would have had more sympathy with her if she didnt cite religion and jut said that she felt uncomfortable wearing that outfit. No one should be forced to wear clothing they dont want to wear, if they feel its too revealing for arguments sake. I have seen barmaids dressed in far less revealing clothes then the dress in the picture so its not even like its part of the job to wear such a dress.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:35   #22
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
I agree. If the article is true she is using Islam as the basis of her action. If she's doing this then I as a muslim would say she's being a hypocrite as she shouldnt be working in a bar in the first place.

I think more people would have had more sympathy with her if she didnt cite religion and jut said that she felt uncomfortable wearing that outfit. No one should be forced to wear clothing they dont want to wear, if they feel its too revealing for arguments sake. I have seen barmaids dressed in far less revealing clothes then the dress in the picture so its not even like its part of the job to wear such a dress.
I fully agree I do feel there is a growth in lack of tolerance in using religion as an excuse and hopefully the courts and tribunals will follow suit. This will relieve in itself some of the us and them tensions that exist
Old 20-12-2008, 22:13   #23
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

How stupid can people get, She goes for a job in a bar, and is asked a dress, which is part of the dress code, and then decides, after getting chatted, she changes her mind, then wants to claim compo, due to her Muslim beliefs, Muslims are not allowed to be in contact with Alcohol, so why go for the job in the first place, Or was it it, she saw pounds signs in the mist. get a life dear.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 23:50   #24
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Personally I can't see a lot of difference between the red dress she was asked to wear and the rather revealing vest she is pictured in.
Seems to me this foolish woman isn't going to garner much sympathy from anyone, hopefully the tribunal will send her packing.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 08:17   #25
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Right-o....

Hmm.... Sleeveless? Check. Plunging neckline? Check. Open at the back? Check. Money-grabbing harpie who is trying to use her minority status to screw money out of a company? Check.
yeah that was my thoughts, if that pic is of her in clothing what she chose to wear then it isnt much different, there is a hint of cleavage in that pic and the top is halter neck.

The red dress is revealing but I would say nothing out of the ordinary for a bar.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
was she forced to keep working there then?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 20:51   #26
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
yeah that was my thoughts, if that pic is of her in clothing what she chose to wear then it isnt much different, there is a hint of cleavage in that pic and the top is halter neck.

The red dress is revealing but I would say nothing out of the ordinary for a bar.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

was she forced to keep working there then?
she shouldnt need to make that choice

the bar should think carefully this i don't see as a race issue more of a general issue of what people feel comfortable wearing

its unlikely a short dress is going to be allowed by a tribunal even if they required any male bar staff to wear tight shorts and small tops and even then i think they would be on a looser as they boys most likely would be after them too lol
Old 21-12-2008, 22:04   #27
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

if my employer tells me to wear a uniform I wear it. Its simple as that.

I have been to numerous bars where staff have a revealing uniform this is not something unusual. Likewise I have been to restaruants where the female staff have to wear tight tops showing their curves, some people may see it as degrading but its a practice used by others as well as this bar.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 22:15   #28
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I wonder how long before we hear about a case whereby the pole dancer complains to the tribunal that she was expected to dance provocatively by her employers.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 22:39   #29
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I think she came at this from the wrong angle.Should have done it on equality issues as I doubt any of the men working there have to wear revealing clothing.

Mind I think the fashion police ought to raid the place.That dress is simply ugly.
Old 22-12-2008, 00:02   #30
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
if my employer tells me to wear a uniform I wear it. Its simple as that.

I have been to numerous bars where staff have a revealing uniform this is not something unusual. Likewise I have been to restaruants where the female staff have to wear tight tops showing their curves, some people may see it as degrading but its a practice used by others as well as this bar.
it may have been normal in the past but any place doing that today risks many things least of those would be this sort of action

because if their staff get harassed in a sexual manner they will have to show they did their best to stop it happening

now hat wont mean pole dancers would be able to claim for their type of work but it would mean some one serving food and drinks would

ofcourse if we want old fashioned values we could get all those ladies tied back to the kitchen sinks