Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Quick & easy dinner.

Old 29-12-2008, 20:25   #1
Curry Master.
Inactive

Services: 2meg cable broadband & freeview.
Curry Master. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick & easy dinner.

Fry off lamb mince, diced onion, m'rooms & garlic. Season. Add a squirt of tom puree, reduce heat add a pinch each of Turmeric, Cumin & chilli powder or flakes.Add a little water if dry, garnish with fresh chopped coriander. Serve with Basmati rice or wrap in tortillas & a side salad of your choice. Also works fine with a jacket spud.
Guy.
Curry Master. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2008, 20:26   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Quick & easy dinner.

Don't forget that Reggae Reggae Sauce maaaaaan

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 20:42   #3
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry Master. View Post
Fry off lamb mince, diced onion, m'rooms & garlic. Season. Add a squirt of tom puree, reduce heat add a pinch each of Turmeric, Cumin & chilli powder or flakes.Add a little water if dry, garnish with fresh chopped coriander. Serve with Basmati rice or wrap in tortillas & a side salad of your choice. Also works fine with a jacket spud.
Guy.
will give that a go thx , welcome to the site by the way , looking at your user name you like curry , have you tried cooking british indian resaurant curry at all ??
Old 29-12-2008, 20:55   #4
Curry Master.
Inactive

If you mean what's on the average take away menu then yes. The main dish curries are fairly easy but some of the side dishes are a little trickier.
Old 29-12-2008, 20:55   #5
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

i bought one of those slow cookers today, only a tenner in the argos sale so I shall be on the lookout for stew variations!
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 20:59   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
If you mean what's on the average take away menu then yes. The main dish curries are fairly easy but some of the side dishes are a little trickier.
Right well you'll win me over if you can tell me how to make a good Chicken Tikka. Not the curry, but the dry tikka

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 21:17   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Right well you'll win me over if you can tell me how to make a good Chicken Tikka. Not the curry, but the dry tikka
http://www.indian-recipe.org/curryforum/cmps_index.php

don't want to post the recipe because it would be 'stealing' but this site imo is awesome , have cooked dishes just like an indian restarant would serve , if you join the melting base group and look for 'base chicken tikka ' thats what your after , its awesome , have to add though there are quite a few ingredients to buy .
Old 29-12-2008, 21:55   #8
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Dadoos Food Store
106 Plumstead High Street
Greenwich
London SE18 1SJ
Tel: 020 88557363

.............is a terrific shop to get authentic Indian cookery ingredients from
Old 29-12-2008, 22:17   #9
Curry Master.
Inactive

Ok. Dry recipies are'nt my thing. I prefer the loaded with oily sauce wet food. A Tandoor clay oven is the way to go but a grill will do. use diced chicken breast (Kebab style) or whole chicken quarters. Marinade in natural yoghurt, lemon juice, a pinch each of the basic spices (coriander, cumin, turmeric,) & a puree of garlic & ginger (finely dice each add rock salt as an abrasive & grind on a board with a large knife or mortar & pestle) Remove from marinade(at least one hour) & grille/oven/BBQ till cooked through. If you want the bright pink colour you can use colouring but i prefer paprika & chilli powder. Lastly some like it sweet so sugar can be added to the original marinade although some caramalization will occur during cooking.
This is'nt one of my fav dishes so i'm not too up on it TBH but follow the steps, alter it to your taste & you should'nt go far wrong.
Old 29-12-2008, 22:59   #10
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Guy.
your making me hungry m8.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 23:10   #11
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp View Post
i bought one of those slow cookers today, only a tenner in the argos sale so I shall be on the lookout for stew variations!

Had one a while now, easy to chuck meals together, mince for mince and onions, spag bol, brown meat in a pan first of course, chuck in ingredients and select auto. Same for a beef stew, brown meat, chuck in slow cooker, and water / stock / potatoes segments / baby carrots or what ever you want, liver and onions, a doddle They are so versatile
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 23:37   #12
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

slow cookers are brilliant for mulled wine as well
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 23:43   #13
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
slow cookers are brilliant for mulled wine as well
Oh yeah, that reminds me, half a glass of red wine in any dishes with 'gravy' stock
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 23:53   #14
homealone

Quote:
Guy.
sounds like that will do also do fine wrapped in some filo pastry & deep fried to make samosas.

- are you sure you live in 'tin town' you sound a little too sophisticated
Old 30-12-2008, 18:03   #15
Curry Master.
Inactive

Evening Gaz. I'm a southener from a sophisticated family but i'm a truck driver & rough as old boots! Oh & i love cooking!!!