Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Corbyn's kerfuffle

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Corbyn's kerfuffle
Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2017, 11:18   #871
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

How totally unsurprising that both the bbc and the grauniad spout the bolleaux that piece of filth comes out with.....
Old 15-02-2017, 11:29   #872
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I don't like Abbot. I think she is a hypocrite and a poor politician. But calling her a 'piece of filth' is pretty over the top.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:44   #873
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't like Abbot. I think she is a hypocrite and a poor politician. But calling her a 'piece of filth' is pretty over the top.
Yes and it wouldn't be my choice of words but do you seriously think she's never used language which is just as offensive? Bandying around terms like bigot, racist and sexist is highly offensive isn't it? Look at the language which was routinely used against Farage by all sorts of high profile people, especially those on the left.

There's an old saying 'what goes around comes around' and if people in high office don't like abuse they shouldn't employ it. They're supposed to be setting an example but, when it suits, they'll happily indulge in just the sort of behaviour/language they condemn others for.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:50   #874
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes and it wouldn't be my choice of words but do you seriously think she's never used language which is just as offensive? Bandying around terms like bigot, racist and sexist is highly offensive isn't it? Look at the language which was routinely used against Farage by all sorts of high profile people, especially those on the left.
Yes. I do think she uses similar language hence the hypocrite remark. It's just I don't like it from her or from others either. I said before, left or right, the way we treat and talk about each other is getting worse and more extreme and we should try and scale that back.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:55   #875
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes. I do think she uses similar language hence the hypocrite remark. It's just I don't like it from her or from others either. I said before, left or right, the way we treat and talk about each other is getting worse and more extreme and we should try and scale that back.
Exactly.
Old 15-02-2017, 12:19   #876
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
How totally unsurprising that both the bbc and the grauniad spout the bolleaux that piece of filth comes out with.....
Also in the Telegraph and the Express...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...regular-basis/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...h-profile-jobs
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-02-2017, 13:07   #877
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I think most of us can agree on that.
Old 24-02-2017, 04:33   #878
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

By-election results: Labour hold Stoke but lose Copeland. Tories Gain Copeland.
Old 24-02-2017, 08:54   #879
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Awful night for Labour and UKIP. Corbyn really should go but won't.
Old 24-02-2017, 09:03   #880
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Awful night for Labour and UKIP. Corbyn really should go but won't.
The saddest thing at the moment is there is no strong opposition and in my opinion you do need that or else the governing party will basically just do what they want without any strong questioning at all of the policies they want to implement.
Old 24-02-2017, 09:06   #881
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Copeland was always going to be a struggle. When your leader is opposed to the major employers in the area (The nuclear industry and BAE submarine building at Barrow) then its going to take more than "our NHS" to shift voters' minds.
Old 24-02-2017, 09:24   #882
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
Copeland was always going to be a struggle. When your leader is opposed to the major employers in the area (The nuclear industry and BAE submarine building at Barrow) then its going to take more than "our NHS" to shift voters' minds.
But if Labour can't win on the NHS which was a big issue in Copeland by all accounts then they're really in trouble.
Old 24-02-2017, 09:31   #883
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
But if Labour can't win on the NHS which was a big issue in Copeland by all accounts then they're really in trouble.
Indeed that is the way l see it.
Old 24-02-2017, 09:51   #884
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

This was a great result. Corbyn did just well enough to hang on in leadership, but the results indicate just how badly he is likely to do at the next GE.
Old 24-02-2017, 10:27   #885
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This was a great result. Corbyn did just well enough to hang on in leadership, but the results indicate just how badly he is likely to do at the next GE.
Corbyn has done more than enough even before yesterday to be kicked out. He won't because he has the members who'll ensure he can stay, irrespective of how badly he does.
Closed Thread