Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2013, 22:47   #2956
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Picture is great, was SD for first few seconds then became HD

Buffering, all fine so far took about 10 seconds for show to load have to say I only watched first couple of minutes so will do a proper test tonight but no streaming issues so far.

I'm on 60 Meg BB if that makes a difference, is it via my router?

Pages loaded quickly about same speed as TiVo menus perhaps a bit faster.
Thanks Rich:-)

Am quite tempted by Netflix on TIVO mate, (and am keen to read any feedback anyone has to offer), have you had much of a chance to watch any programs and/or can you offer any further insights on how Netflix is running?
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2013, 23:06   #2957
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

What I would like to know If you subscribe thru TiVo is it restricted to just TiVo or can you use it on multiple devices like a normal subscription
Old 14-09-2013, 00:18   #2958
WBC-WORKER
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV { XL } and 20 MB Broadband
WBC-WORKER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiblue View Post
Pretty sure this is false information.

Reason being, CBS Action has been available for free on the M+ and L packages since it launched on Virgin Media, so it's not really a freeview.

Also when I last checked the Virgin Media channel list on the website, CBS Reality, and + 1 and Horror Channel + 1 and CBS Drama were listed on the L package area(Not sure if this has changed, as I can't view the channel list on the Virgin Media.com website at the moment..).

Not to mention I've viewed these channels many times on the L package and nothing about a freeview has come up.
you would be wise to check

http://my.virginmedia.com/content/da...ide_August.pdf

before making any such claims { - there may be a more recent one. }

look at 197 CBS Drama - see the note about 3 rd October

that channel was XL only as listed at

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...nnel-guide.pdf

I trust you will withdraw your claim.
Old 14-09-2013, 01:12   #2959
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiblue View Post
Pretty sure this is false information.

Reason being, CBS Action has been available for free on the M+ and L packages since it launched on Virgin Media, so it's not really a freeview.

Also when I last checked the Virgin Media channel list on the website, CBS Reality, and + 1 and Horror Channel + 1 and CBS Drama were listed on the L package area(Not sure if this has changed, as I can't view the channel list on the Virgin Media.com website at the moment..).

Not to mention I've viewed these channels many times on the L package and nothing about a freeview has come up.
Horror and CBS Reallity have always been on the XL package. All of Chello Media channels aka cbs channels and Horror are on a 1 month freebie to all tv customers on M+ and above.
Do not go around accusing folk of making false posts unless you are 100% certain as it makes you look very stupid.
I highly suspect you are most likely a troll anyway as this is your first post.
Old 14-09-2013, 01:15   #2960
Safcftm21
Inactive

Safcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Personally as a SKY customer I think Virgin have done tremendously well since the turn of the year to close the gap on SKY. There is not too many worthwhile channels missing from Virgins line-up. Ultimately it all depends what you are looking for.

BT Sports 1, BT Sports 2 and ESPN being added to XL at no extra cost is great for the sports fans. Plus it's multiroom and accessible via Virgin Anywhere.

As I SKY customer I had to pay £15.00 registration fee, pay £15.00 per month and can't watch the channels in my bedroom. I have to pay a separate monthly subscription to BT, which is a pain in the ass, and I can't watch the channels as part of SKY Go.

Here is a list of recent additions by Virgin. There are a few other channels I've missed:

ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD
TLC
TLC HD
TLC+1
BBC Two HD
Quest+1
DMAX+1
More4+1
CBS Drama
H2
Animal Planet HD
Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery+1
Animal Planet +1
Discovery Science +1
Discovery History +1
Style
Discovery Home & Health +1
Vintage TV
TCM HD
TCM 2
Eurosport 2HD
France 24 English
NHK World TV
Al Jazeera English
Cartoon Network HD
Zee Café
Zing
France 24 French
ARY News UK
Sony SAB
Rishtey
UMP Movies
Al Jazeera Arabic
The Africa Channel
Ginx
Drama
Nickelodeon HD
BT Sports 1
BT Sports 1 HD
BT Sports 2
BT Sports 2 HD
ESPN
ESPN HD

SKY still have the wider channel selection, but most channels are terrible. In terms of an overall TV, Broadband and Phone experience Virgin are starting to edge SKY in my humble opinion.
No Atlantic in your list and every channel you listed is already on Sky so not sure what point your trying to make. Sky have the Fibre option to sell so Virgin will start to lose the only USP that they had.

Since I last frequented here your main arguments were always, Tivo, cable works in bad weather, Catch up selection, 3 Tuners and Fibre for staying with Virgin.

Jury is out for me on Tivo, never liked it and in no way is it miles better than the Sky box that some on here make out. I lost the signal less times in 13 years with sky with the weather than I did in a year with Virgin with network failures so not convinced on that one. Catch up selection is now better on Sky and even better if you use the Sky Go option on your ipad or android device. 3 Tuners well catch up is better on sky so you can always get whatever you've missed on that. I've got fibre and to cap it all I pay less than what I did with Virgin.
Old 14-09-2013, 01:50   #2961
jitee
Inactive

jitee is on a distinguished roadjitee is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Safcftm21;35621541]No Atlantic in your list and every channel you listed is already on Sky so not sure what point your trying to make.
.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
There's no Atlantic on his list because Virgin hasn't got it yet!........ Not sure what point your trying to make?
Old 14-09-2013, 06:46   #2962
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Well it's September 14th, where are those extra Sky channels.......
Old 14-09-2013, 06:59   #2963
jitee
Inactive

jitee is on a distinguished roadjitee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

................ Over on Sky!.................
Old 14-09-2013, 07:05   #2964
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Ive borrowed my Mates Sky box whilst he is on Holiday, Atlantic is pap 95% of the time, through the day its absolute rubbish on there.. upscaled american rubbish at that. Anybody who knows me knows i love HD, i can instantly see the extra colours and sharpness in a HD picture over SD, but there is absolutley no reason i would be mad for SSN in HD over the SD version, it isn't really one of those channels that benefit from it, My Samsung V+ seems to do a decent job of upscaling channels with little motion.
Old 14-09-2013, 08:32   #2965
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well it was never happening on th 14Th,bomberAF just pulled that date out of a hat
Old 14-09-2013, 09:03   #2966
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Well it was never happening on th 14Th,bomberAF just pulled that date out of a hat
l am sure it will come soon enough me marra.
Old 14-09-2013, 09:13   #2967
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sure it will come soon enough me marra.
No doubt in my mind,sky are testing the waters anyway.just had. Feedback form to fill in and one question was have you moved to sky to obtain sky Atlantic and in fact there was a couple of questions regarding sky Atlantic,clearly even they are questioning the importance of sky Atlantic now being exclusive
Old 14-09-2013, 09:16   #2968
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

So the old spots seen over UK was just a strange cloud formation
Old 14-09-2013, 09:34   #2969
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
So the old spots seen over UK was just a strange cloud formation
Michael Fish anybody.
Old 14-09-2013, 09:46   #2970
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
only sky channels we be getting is SSNHD and sky news HD
Closed Thread