Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 16:47   #2536
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
What cantankerous statement? I asked a genuine question. That's why there was a question mark at the end of the sentance and not an exclamation mark!
Didn't come over as coming from someone who had got out of the right side of the bed.
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2017, 21:18   #2537
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It was the correct figure, which did not take into account the rebate, which is not a permanent fixture. It wouldn't have made any difference to voting if the lower figure had been quoted - it was still a huge sum which is better in our coffers than the black hole which is the EU.
It was an incorrect figure and they were told it was incorrect by official bodies but failed to change it. The objective in stating an incorrect figure was to move the debate onto the fact that we pay for membership and not the loss of jobs that will come when EU bodies like the medicines and banking regulators move outside the UK and service companies relocate staff.
Old 08-08-2017, 21:53   #2538
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It was an incorrect figure and they were told it was incorrect by official bodies but failed to change it. The objective in stating an incorrect figure was to move the debate onto the fact that we pay for membership and not the loss of jobs that will come when EU bodies like the medicines and banking regulators move outside the UK and service companies relocate staff.
Politicians lie, unfortunately it's what we expect.

People voted the way they did for all the wrong reasons and didn't realise the consequences. A lot of them now realise how screwed we are, but few are prepared to admit they got it wrong, human nature I guess.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:34   #2539
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Politicians lie, unfortunately it's what we expect.

People voted the way they did for all the wrong reasons and didn't realise the consequences. A lot of them now realise how screwed we are, but few are prepared to admit they got it wrong, human nature I guess.
Spot on Mr K. Now beat a hasty retreat
Old 09-08-2017, 11:04   #2540
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Spot on Mr K. Now beat a hasty retreat
He's only half right in that politicians lie.

The rest is just his normal garbage.
Old 09-08-2017, 18:25   #2541
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

The rest is just his normal garbage.
Correct, a lot of it is just him hissy fitting, and having his daily whine, he says 'A lot of brexiteers know how screwed they are.', Which is total BS, because he has not asked any of them.' I think he is conveniently forgetting nearly 26 million people voted for two brexit focused parties, in the recent general election just gone.

Lib Dem's were promising a 2nd referendum, clearly this was not the popular choice.

So I would like to know who this brexiteer lot, who he says, now think they are screwed...
Old 09-08-2017, 20:55   #2542
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Correct, a lot of it is just him hissy fitting, and having his daily whine, he says 'A lot of brexiteers know how screwed they are.', Which is total BS, because he has not asked any of them.' I think he is conveniently forgetting nearly 26 million people voted for two brexit focused parties, in the recent general election just gone.

Lib Dem's were promising a 2nd referendum, clearly this was not the popular choice.

So I would like to know who this brexiteer lot, who he says, now think they are screwed...
You misquoted me there Mick. I said how screwed we are. I forgive you fwiw.

Unless we get away from winners/losers, Remainers/Brexiters, and realise see we're all on the same side at the end of the day, then this country is doubly screwed.
Old 10-08-2017, 00:06   #2543
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Unless we get away from winners/losers, Remainers/Brexiters, and realise see we're all on the same side at the end of the day, then this country is doubly screwed.
Exactly.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24   #2544
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

We're not on the same side, though, are we? You guys want to remain in this virtual communist monstrosity of an organisation that is stifling the hell out of us and we want out of it.

Remaining in the EU is not in the UK's best interests.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It was the correct figure when the rebate is taken into account, and like I said, the lower figure you prefer is still huge and would have made no difference to the argument if that had been used instead. You are picking over ancient bones here.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:40   #2545
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

How is the EU communist?!? Where has the EU suggested the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social class, money and state? If anything, most anti EU protagonists complain about too much state because of the EU.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:32   #2546
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
How is the EU communist?!? Where has the EU suggested the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social class, money and state? If anything, most anti EU protagonists complain about too much state because of the EU.
I said 'virtual communist'. They are not there yet, but look at the way they are going. I don't think business leaders really view them as helpful at all, obsessed as they are with regulation and penalising success.

It is plain to see that they are stifling enterprise, and I think the majority of voters in this country see that.

One step along the slippery path...
Old 10-08-2017, 15:12   #2547
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I said 'virtual communist'. They are not there yet, but look at the way they are going. I don't think business leaders really view them as helpful at all, obsessed as they are with regulation and penalising success.

It is plain to see that they are stifling enterprise, and I think the majority of voters in this country see that.

One step along the slippery path...
I can't see how having a customs union and single market allowing businesses to sell products and services in an open manner to 743 million potential customers is stifling enterprise. Of course to do this right, you need a level playing field, hence the regulations
Old 10-08-2017, 16:08   #2548
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:

Bollocks, we are being doubly screwed right now while we are still in that pile of garbage.

As long as we stay in a corrupted entity, we will always be screwed, that's why we are coming out and rightly so, especially when certain old pricks and their teams, in the EU are spending 5 figure sums to travel to other parts of the EU, I mean FFS, £24,000+ for a private air taxi for just one day, is taking the piss...

Quote:
The European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and his team racked up a bill of £24,450 by chartering a private plane for a one-night visit to Rome, campaigners have revealed.

The fee for the "air taxis" which commissioners are supposed to charter only when there are no commercial options available was part of almost half a million euro bill accumulated by the 28 commissioners in January and February 2016.

Spanish-based human rights group Access Info spent several years trying to obtain detailed information about EU officials' expenses and following an official request, the Commission released the travel expenses documents.

The private jet from Brussels to Rome was used by Mr Juncker and an eight-people delegation in February 2016.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7885326.html

This half a million Euros, is only a month's worth of travel expenditure, imagine a full year.
Old 10-08-2017, 16:21   #2549
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Bollocks, we are being doubly screwed right now while we are still in that pile of garbage.

As long as we stay in a corrupted entity, we will always be screwed, that's why we are coming out and rightly so, especially when certain old pricks and their teams, in the EU are spending 5 figure sums to travel to other parts of the EU, I mean FFS, £24,000+ for a private air taxi for just one day, is taking the piss...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7885326.html

This half a million Euros, is only a month's worth of travel expenditure, imagine a full year.
Typical of the EU's largesse when it comes to looking after all those snouts in the Euro-trough. Tip of the iceberg methinks.

Last edited by Osem; 10-08-2017 at 16:29.
Old 10-08-2017, 16:39   #2550
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

€500,000 is pretty much the same as UKIP appear to have defrauded the EU to pay for election expenses and have to pay back
Closed Thread