Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 22-10-2013, 10:37   #136
mistermoose
Inactive

mistermoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoose View Post
cpc6-uddi19
Just a week before "End of October 2013" and no sign of 120Mb in Uddingston yet. I've called a few times, but failed to get anyone to update me to BB120 to see if we have it yet Anyone else got the upgrade?
mistermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2013, 11:01   #137
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

have now tryed myself twice with no luck.
airdrie, coatbridge, wishaw udii ect . we all due 120mb ( if Have) by end october.
asked the wife if she has ever connected any 1 in airdrie/coatbridge area. NOT ONE but has activated a few in the uddingston town & wishaw area
a good few times from early October. so seems some getting it, but the rest of us seem left out.
Tbh do you really believe it will be already in 7 days, doubt it, we have now had at least 5+ different dates now since free upgrade was announced.
as always our area is almost last with VM.
50mb, we was months behind
100mb, 9 months+ easy
120mb, our 1st date was nov/dec 2012, when at time, some have had for months in 2012, guess they don't like us scots
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 18:00   #138
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

I notice my upload was 13.5Meg once with virgin media
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 18:11   #139
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I am very surprised its still not available

Only change i have seen in the last couple of days is my Downstream power levels have dropped down & the Upstream power levels have gone up

Attachment 25002

Attachment 25003

Attachment 25004
Old 22-10-2013, 18:53   #140
Ashbury
Inactive

Ashbury is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in the Wishaw ML2 area and was upgraded last week . This has been my best result so far despite trying lots of different servers.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3046129922
Ashbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 19:08   #141
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
I live in the Wishaw ML2 area and was upgraded last week . This has been my best result so far despite trying lots of different servers.

WUUUT!? I also live in ML2 Wishaw area and my config is stil 5m up and 100m download. Did you phone them to ask them to change you or did it just happen?
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 19:08   #142
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

That looks to me like you're using something that doesn't have gigabit - either the router or your PC.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 19:13   #143
Ashbury
Inactive

Phoned them and got a nice lady who upgraded me with no trouble. My download speed has not changed at all since the upgrade so I'll need to phone back to see what the problem is.
Old 22-10-2013, 19:14   #144
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I can get better speed than that on my 100mbit. Have to use my wireless as they skimped and only put a 100mbit NIC on my laptop.

Did you just dial 150? What department did you get through to get it changed?
Old 22-10-2013, 19:21   #145
Ashbury
Inactive

Yes dialled 150 but can't remember what option I chose. Got through to the Indian call centre.
Old 22-10-2013, 19:22   #146
Jumping
Inactive

Right gonna try that right now, I really want the upload increase especially when your STM and getting pitiful speeds!
Old 22-10-2013, 19:22   #147
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Phoned them and got a nice lady who upgraded me with no trouble. My download speed has not changed at all since the upgrade so I'll need to phone back to see what the problem is.
As I said, that looks like you're using something that only has a 100Mbit connector. What modem and router are you using? And what PC/Laptop have you got?
If you go to the network and sharing centre, then click on your Local Area Connection, what "Speed" does it say?
Old 22-10-2013, 19:35   #148
Ashbury
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
That looks to me like you're using something that doesn't have gigabit - either the router or your PC.
I am not technically minded, can you explain please ?

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
As I said, that looks like you're using something that only has a 100Mbit connector. What modem and router are you using? And what PC/Laptop have you got?
If you go to the network and sharing centre, then click on your Local Area Connection, what "Speed" does it say?
Superhub 1

Local Area Connection 100 Mb

Toshiba Satellite L650
Old 22-10-2013, 19:36   #149
Kushan

Quote:
I am not technically minded, can you explain please ?
You know the connector that you use to wire your PC (or laptop or games console or whatever) to the Modem with an ethernet cable? There are different types and some are rated at 100Mbit while others are rated at 1.0Gbit (or 1000Mbit). Now generally these days everything is gigabit, but it's not unheard of for some equipment that may only be a couple of years old to still come with 100Mbit ethernet ports. The wireless routers that Virgin used to give out all only had 100Mbit ports.

Now remember that the number is a theoretical maximum and there's all sorts of overheads and stuff. If your internet connection is 120mbit but your PC is only capable of 100Mbit, then seeing about 94Mbit sounds about right (And this is indeed what I seen on my PC when I had the same issue).

So we need to find out where the "bottleneck" is. First thing's first, on your PC (assuming you are running windows), go to the control panel, go to the "network and sharing centre" (You mat need to click on "Categories" on the top right and change it to "large icons" to see network and sharing centre). Then on that screen, look for your LAN connection, it's usually called Local Area Connection:

Click on this and you'll get a screen that tells you what your PC's connection is currently at:

Here you can see mine is at 1.0Gbps, this is good because it means I can download above 100Mbit. If yours says 100Mbps, then we need to know what your PC is actually connected to (likely a router of some kind).
Old 22-10-2013, 19:39   #150
Jumping
Inactive

Phoned them up and they confirmed the area was ready, and after I got put through to the technical team and the guy did some further checks he said he has now pushed out the config for 120/12 and I should get that within the next 24h.

Seems its already on my SH1

Happy days!