Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | disability living allowance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

disability living allowance

Old 26-08-2009, 11:16   #91
CAROLWHITIE

Re: disability living allowance

thats an easy one to answer, and in reality its all down to you, me, and the other people of the nation for being so complacent in our duties as citizens. Of a democracy

i was told the other day by a senior dwp executive that they.."are only following orders"(names supplied if you care to pm me, carolwhitie@yahoo.co.uk

the problem we are all facing right now is that our civil service lacks strength of character in the top management whose lack of public accountability has turned then into indolent monsters who care nothing for the ordinary people. Read this please:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ice-today.html

the DWP break the law and abuse human rights each and every day, causing unwarranted suffering to many and even death to some.

Until the public wakes up to the fact that they are not accountable to the people.... Then these things will continue.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2009, 16:15   #92
RizzyKing

Where you call people complacent i call them people who don't know how to raise their concerns and while it is easy for us on forums where we are used to voicing ourselves there are many people in this country that simply don't know how. There is a little truth in what you say carol but the way you have stated it here has done more to turn people off to the message your trying to convey then to sway then to your side and thats the important thing here.

Matters like this are defeated when people are given the message in a way that brings them along with you in opposition not when they see the message feel insulted by the way it was put across and decide stuff the issue. Trust me many calm heads are working on this and working together to bring a united front of opposition to this green paper it isn't simply not being opposed or fought and your fav website is far from the only one that is working towards getting this green paper binned.
Old 26-08-2009, 18:08   #93
CAROLWHITIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Where you call people complacent i call them people who don't know how to raise their concerns and while it is easy for us on forums where we are used to voicing ourselves there are many people in this country that simply don't know how. There is a little truth in what you say carol but the way you have stated it here has done more to turn people off to the message your trying to convey then to sway then to your side and thats the important thing here.

Matters like this are defeated when people are given the message in a way that brings them along with you in opposition not when they see the message feel insulted by the way it was put across and decide stuff the issue. Trust me many calm heads are working on this and working together to bring a united front of opposition to this green paper it isn't simply not being opposed or fought and your fav website is far from the only one that is working towards getting this green paper binned.
There are so mnay people in the UK that simply dont want to know. They have grown idles and disinterested in most things outside theri daily grind. of there are those who "DON'T KNOW" but in general most people "DON'T WISH TO KNOW."

This could be one reason why election turn out is at an all time low and just 100 short years after a woman killed herself to get the vote for women. etc etc. In 1913, WSPU member Emily Davison was killed when she threw herself under the King's horse at the Derby as a protest at the government's continued to give women the right to vote.

Recently I was involved in a survey on child death in NHS hospitals. I was stunned ridged to fine that over 80% of all women interviewed, and there was over 1000 were unaware of the sad tragedy of the Bristol babies.

It is a well know fact that the average British person spends up to three and hours a day watching the tele.Soaps are the biggest attraction. With British children spending an average of five hours and 20 minutes a day glued to the box.

This I call complacency. I am really an not interested whether or not I turn people off, as I believe that I do not. More like shocking people more into thinking for themselves, as our grandparents had to do simply to get through their day.

AGAIN IT IS ANOTHER WELL ACCEPTED FACT THAT THE AVERAGE BRIT IS NOW GETTING TOO OBESE TO EVEN SWITCH THE TELE OFF AT NIGHT AND CLIMB THE STAIRS, SO THEY FALL ASLEEP WITH THE BOX LEFT ON IN THE BEDROOM.

I CANT SAY THAT I BLAME PEOPLE AS LIFE IN THE UK HAS BECOME A BORING DRUDGE FOR MOST OF US, BUT AT LEAST GIVE A THOUGHT FOR THOSE THINGS THAT CAN HARM US AND THE WELL BEING OF OUR FAMILIES.

I AM OUT AND ABOUT AT LEAST THREE DAYS WEEK CAMPAIGNING FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE MORE INTEREST IN THEIR SOCIAL WELFARE..................................I find it difficult to say more than that.
Old 26-08-2009, 18:13   #94
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Do you think shouting helps you get your point across?

Can you post some links about your 'well accepted facts' please.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 18:46   #95
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Any how there are changes proposed in a government Green Paper to the DLA and that Social Services should become responsible for all cases of folk on DLA and proposes that AA should stop.

Instead of all this invective why not do something positive about it.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/dis...29/dla-aa-cuts

http://careandsupport.direct.gov.uk/...ving-your-say/
Old 26-08-2009, 18:56   #96
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have done something positive about it (including writing to my MP), and it didn't involve a site that prey on the very people it claims to help.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

edit - I don't think It'll do any good mind, but I guess it can't hurt
Old 26-08-2009, 20:02   #97
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLWHITIE View Post
It is a well know fact that the average British person spends up to three and hours a day watching the tele.Soaps are the biggest attraction. With British children spending an average of five hours and 20 minutes a day glued to the box.
A well known fact ?? Its a "well known fact" that averages dont really prove much.

If 9/10 children watched tv for an hour, and the other one watched it for 11 hours, you would say that the average child watched tv for 2 hours, which is twice the reality for 90% of them - just numerical nonsense.

Quote:
AGAIN IT IS ANOTHER WELL ACCEPTED FACT THAT THE AVERAGE BRIT IS NOW GETTING TOO OBESE TO EVEN SWITCH THE TELE OFF AT NIGHT AND CLIMB THE STAIRS, SO THEY FALL ASLEEP WITH THE BOX LEFT ON IN THE BEDROOM.
Another well known fact ? - well known by who exactly ? I think thats just something you made up. Perhaps you could back it up with some evidence. In fact, how many "average" brits even have a tv in their bedroom (I dont).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 21:08   #98
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Ahem, a slight aside -
Quote:
In 1913, WSPU member Emily Davison was killed when she threw herself under the King's horse at the Derby as a protest at the government's continued to give women the right to vote.
I wonder why she bought a return ticket, then?

(as a matter of note, she also planted a bomb at Lloyd George's house (he did not know my father, btw) in 1913).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 21:26   #99
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Can we possibly get back on topic?

I personally would like a discussion about the green paper proposalsand whether any thing can be done about them rather than all this bickering and off topic posting.
Old 26-08-2009, 21:42   #100
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I don't think you CAN do much more than write to your MP and ask them not to support this and if they do why.

Me, I can't see social services knowing what to spend on me, they have been pretty inept so far. Out of my group I go to on a wednesday wher there are around 30 people with sight problems social services only seem to even see half of them. Of course that's just my own personal experience so elsewhere could be better.

I just get the feeling that it's yet another way to claw back cash from people that are least able to put up a fight.

I'll post any reply I do get from my MP, but to be honest I don't think I'll get one.
Old 26-08-2009, 23:56   #101
RizzyKing

Yep lobbying your local mp and council memebrs is about the most that the majority can do and are doing increasingly on this issue. Sorry Carol but you don't know me and you don't know the majority of people in this country so please stop acting as though you do.

Unless of course you actually have some independently verified research to back up your claims (in which case you can give us some links) many of which are offensive to many in this country. Whether you believe it or not your the sort of person with the sort of approach that does more harm to defeating issues like this then good although i know you don't think so.

This is not a "them and us" issue this is something that will affect nearly all people in the UK at some point directly or indirectly and all that needs to be done is for this to be bought to their attention to get them moving as they are doing now.

I still believe and see some evidence day in and day out that the majority of people in the UK are as they have always been fair minded, considerent and caring people who will always support those in genuine need and do what they can to help them once they are aware of a situation.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:19   #102
CAROLWHITIE

It really is quite saddening to see that you don't really know what you are up against in these issues. It is very much a case of us and them. Sadly so many people find this out all too late.

If you cont like my direct approach, based upon many years as a professional care advisor, and caring for my own, and helping many people secure and retain DLA then I will gladly bow out and leave you to find out for yourselves.

Meanwhile take a peep at this you may find it helpful, it may even wake a few up to the harsh realities of the real world of the DWP.

Government Fears The Worst

The UK government have today (Wednesday) shown us at www.dwpcorruption.co.uk how much they fear us after using government legislation to remove video content from both DWP CORRUPTION and DEAD BEAT DADS sites after complaining to You Tube about government censorship.

The truth is the content removed from site shows the CSA and CEMEC staff on tape recordings acting unethically and giving corrupt advice to single dads who are put in to a serious situation of extortion and almost threatened by ***** style staff and behaviour.

This a well known fact and witnessed by Kitty Usher and James Purnell government ministers who refuse to answer corruption allegations at DWP headquarters.

Our site www.dwpcorruption.co.uk as been shut down three times using censorship regulations without any explanation.

Of course we understand the panic which the government officials have when they become close to having the corruption uncovered by members of the public.

The good news is in less than ten hours the original videos are back on site.

Why? Because the truth always gets out and hurts and you can’t argue with truth and facts can you?

We at www.dwpcorruption.co.uk ask you send this information out to every one you know and listen to the recordings that have been a threat to government enough to blackmail You Tube to remove them or it could be a case of government having a Common Purpose graduate working in the You Tube Company?

DWP CORRUPTION and DEAD BEAT DADS work hand in hand as sister sites.

Dead Beat Dads has been a great help to DWP CORRUPTION in helping us uncover corruption in government departments including the corrupt CSA.

You the general public would never believe what has been uncovered. Examples of this are DWP and Job Centre Plus staff based in London working in the massage industry as working girls along side there own job at Job Centre Plus during working hours.

We at www.dwpcorruption.co.uk shall be providing a new video with lots of facts about corruption in the DWP departments giving it to you right from the horse’s mouth.

We can even provide names of the Job Centre Plus staff that engage in this sort of activity.

The evidence will be enclosed with the ID of the person involved in the uncovered scam.

What’s the worst that can happen? The government will attempt to shut us down again under sensitivity legislation.

Alongside this the corruption in the CSA is still a problem to one parent dads who are suffering from corrupt behaviour involving ministers within government who engage in fraud and collusion with money taken out of the hard earned salary of fathers who are treated like idiots by CSA and CEMEC staff.

Watch this space.

Martin

www.dwpcorruption.co.uk
Old 27-08-2009, 10:25   #103
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Will you please quote only part of the text that you're referring to, then provide a reference to the remainder of the article/text so that people can follow it if they wish.

Please do not continue to full quotations of your sources as it is often difficult to follow exactly where your post ends and your quote begins.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

For your further information the [quote] and [/quote] tags will allow you to indicate quoted passages.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 10:34   #104
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
<snip>
I DO know what I'm talking about thank you.

Now why not try and discuss what's happening properly, can you do that?

I see you didn't bother replying to either my or Paul M's questions either.
Old 27-08-2009, 11:00   #105
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It really is ... [BIG SNIP AS THE REST WAS JUST JUNK].
Is there any reason as to why you're so desperately spamming the thread with your URL?? Is it that you're desperate to inform people or more desperate to increase your revenue stream??

I wonder sometimes
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote