Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 22-10-2015, 19:44   #3046
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
£42.99 - 5% FB at CDkeys for the digital.
oh well £2 difference
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2015, 19:50   #3047
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
oh well £2 difference
- 5% not that it matters i was just pointing it out as i hadn't been on CDkeys in ages.
Old 23-10-2015, 11:50   #3048
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Apparently the current build of the new dash has a bug where you cant format an external drive, for it to work it must be done before the update.
Old 23-10-2015, 21:31   #3049
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

In todays latest Xbox One new experience update there is an MTU issue which is reporting it as 510!
Old 24-10-2015, 15:17   #3050
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Just set up the TV through the console. Some slight lag for me, but not a huge deal breaker. Also it's a shame that we can't access recorded content through the one, so I have to use my sky remote for that
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 15:27   #3051
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You can set the console to go straight to TV in the settings if you want.

Not sure if there is a point of having TV through the console without Kinect and a media remote though as Matt said, i have both so it works well.
Old 24-10-2015, 15:30   #3052
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I've got the Kinect sensor. Can you change channels via voice commands?
Old 24-10-2015, 15:39   #3053
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes you can, whether you will want to keep doing that is another matter, trying saying something like .... Xbox watch Sky One

It should work, but you need to make sure you have told the console what sky equipment you have in the options?

You can also use the left stick on the controller to move up and down on the channels which is super quick.
Old 24-10-2015, 15:44   #3054
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Don't know where else to post this so any advice would be very much appreciated, my wee one wants the Xbox one for Christmas and I have been looking at the bundle deals from Argos which seem really good as 3 games come with it. My question is would I be better buying the 1tb with no games or the xbox one 500 with 3 games.
Old 24-10-2015, 16:01   #3055
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Don't know where else to post this so any advice would be very much appreciated, my wee one wants the Xbox one for Christmas and I have been looking at the bundle deals from Argos which seem really good as 3 games come with it. My question is would I be better buying the 1tb with no games or the xbox one 500 with 3 games.
The 500gb is far too small, so i would go for a 1TB personally.

However even 1tb is kinda small, if it works out cheaper i would go the 500gb route and you maybe able to purchase a 2tb external drive which is about the size of a pack of cards but thinner and plugs into the rear of the console.

This is the external drive i have and many others on this forum. You will have to do the maths on whether it would work out cost wise about the same, but you need the space for the games as they are 30-50gb in size and you get a few free games each month from microsoft with your GOLD account. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passport-Ult.../dp/B00CSH1B4M

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Amazon are selling the Xbox One 1TB for £298 but without games, i think your son would want some games and they're expensive, so if the games are good you maybe better off with 500gb console 3 free games and a 2TB external drive which you can add at a later date.

What i do recommend though is getting EA Access this will cost you £20 a year but you get loads of full games you can download in that cost, which again will need alot of storage space!

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html
Old 24-10-2015, 16:05   #3056
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Your right he would want a few games with it and they are expensive.
Thanks SnoopZ think I will go with the bundle pack and buy the external drive at a later date as the Bundle contents: •xbox one console with 500gb hard drive •wireless controller •chat headset •hdmi cable •power supply •xbox one wireless controller •the fighter within •killer instinct •halo: the master chief collection. £384.99 whereas the the TB console is £349.99 with no games.
Old 24-10-2015, 16:07   #3057
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Thanks SnoopZ think I will go with the bundle pack and buy the external drive at a later date as the Bundle contents: •xbox one console with 500gb hard drive •wireless controller •chat headset •hdmi cable •power supply •xbox one wireless controller •the fighter within •killer instinct •halo: the master chief collection. £384.99 whereas the the TB console is £349.99 with no games.
See my edit on Amazon i would shop around on price for sure as 500gb will be filled up in a few game installs especially with all the games you get with EA Access(check them), so if you can get the 500gb £50 cheaper else where it may make you get an external too.
Old 24-10-2015, 16:12   #3058
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Will do SnoopZ.
Old 24-10-2015, 16:18   #3059
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Oh and register with cdkeys.com . They are often cheaper, as they only give you the download codes for the games. You can also get an additional 5% discount if you like their page on Facebook too
Old 24-10-2015, 16:28   #3060
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks MG.