Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 30-04-2011, 11:03   #706
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure it said super rugby was available on VM that's what that game Mersey is stating is I think.
Yip, that's the game/s I'm after. I had heard it mentioned before that the Super XV rugby would be covered, but I still want to know how I can tell what content will be available or not without waiting to see.
Thanks for the replies.

Bulls, Sharks, Stormers= South African provincial sides.
Chiefs=New Zealand provincial side.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2011, 11:07   #707
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Cool Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Yip, that's the game/s I'm after. I had heard it mentioned before that the Super XV rugby would be covered, but I still want to know how I can tell what content will be available or not without waiting to see.
Thanks for the replies.
Probably be a red button saying rugby in bottom right hand corner of screen.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:09   #708
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Again l come back to that old chestnut that Virgins communication is poor and they are very vague in their press releases.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:14   #709
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Bulls, Sharks, Stormers= South African provincial sides.
Chiefs=New Zealand provincial side.
I have a feeling you will get that game.

A bit of publicity wouldn't go a miss though but it's early days and it's obviously a pretty 'soft' launch. Maybe they are being cautious publicising red button events so not to rub Tivo customers noses in it.

Let's face it for such a genuinely major new service launching it was low key to say the least but it's launched which is the most important thing.

I'm really quite impressed at VM getting it. It isn't often I overly praise Virgin but I wouldn't underestimate it's importance. The sports offer wasn't good enough without it, in my opinion.

What Sky do to counteract it is anyones guess though, if and when News Corp get Sky I expect the gloves will be off once again, they seem to be being too nice for me (maybe to keep the regulators sweet)
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:27   #710
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

Rugby is on SS1 just nowno red button facilities
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:29   #711
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
There isn't on Sky either, just the basic Sky Text services at the moment.
Old 30-04-2011, 11:33   #712
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
There is a game on at one o'clock that should be on red button, we shall wait and see.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:51   #713
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

Will there be red button during chelsea game?
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:52   #714
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There is a game on at one o'clock that should be on red button, we shall wait and see.
Yes Sky Sports 1 and HD1 says Western Force v Crusaders on red button from 1pm on Sky EPG.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:05   #715
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

canot see any red button here in Medway Kent
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:08   #716
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
canot see any red button here in Medway Kent
There isn't anything available yet.

Try SSP1 from 1pm.
Old 30-04-2011, 12:11   #717
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post

Try SSP1 from 1pm.
thanks should have read previous posts before I had a whinge

jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:40   #718
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post

Try SSP1 from 1pm.
im going 2 try at 1 also. See what we get.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 13:01   #719
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

nothing here...
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 13:04   #720
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

No red button just tryed it on them all and got northing
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote