Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 30-04-2011, 05:49   #691
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
Why is it not active all the time like bbc red button?
Good question.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2011, 07:28   #692
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Red button is on Sat 30 th Western Force v Crusaders

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12946,00.html

Madrid Masters on 2nd May

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12948,00.html

These are on the Sky sports red button through Sky not sure on VM
Match Choice is on at 1015 tonight
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 07:42   #693
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Good question.
Another good question would be is it active on sky all the time for programs or is it just a place holder for there txt service when NOT being used for extra programing ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 08:51   #694
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Another good question would be is it active on sky all the time for programs or is it just a place holder for there txt service when NOT being used for extra programing ?
It is always on however mostly just text services.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 09:41   #695
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
It is always on however mostly just text services.
Then i cannot see VM having it run all the time as they don't have a txt service, It makes sense for it to be active when its active on Sky for real content not just txt. In fact i don't see how VM can be any different in programing to Sky if the content is from sky

This is not aimed at you Muppetman11

At the end of the day some have already found something new to moan about , what next i wonder phone calls to retentions demanding a cut in there payments.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 09:58   #696
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Match Choice is on at 1015 tonight
is that on virgin as well.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:06   #697
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
is that on virgin as well.
Ah sorry I assumed it would be the same as Sky.

I can't see why not, VM have 14 streams for SSP Red Button so they appear to have the capacity.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:37   #698
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anywhere at present where we can check whether Sky red button content will be available to VM subscribers? I was able to access the cricket on Thursday and would love to watch the 2 rugby matches at 4&6pm today on SS1 red button as advertised here: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12946,00.html
How do I know if they will be available to me? Obviously I know I will be relegated to the bedroom and the V+ for this.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:40   #699
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Is there anywhere at present where we can check whether Sky red button content will be available to VM subscribers? I was able to access the cricket on Thursday and would love to watch the 2 rugby matches at 4&6pm today on SS1 red button as advertised here: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12946,00.html
How do I know if they will be available to me? Obviously I know I will be relegated to the bedroom and the V+ for this.
Does it say in the EPG?

On Sky's EPG for SSP It says from 4pm red button is available for the Bulls v the Chiefs.

I assume it will be the same on cable?
Old 30-04-2011, 10:48   #700
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Does it say in the EPG?

On Sky's EPG for SSP It says from 4pm red button is available for the Bulls v the Chiefs.

VM EPG only shows the Heineken Cup rugby. No mention of red button content. Was the same for the cricket on Thursday. I don't know if VM customers are getting all content hence the question of whether there is a VM source as to red button content. At the moment it seems the only way to check is to wait for the start and try to tune in.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:56   #701
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
VM EPG only shows the Heineken Cup rugby. No mention of red button content. Was the same for the cricket on Thursday. I don't know if VM customers are getting all content hence the question of whether there is a VM source as to red button content. At the moment it seems the only way to check is to wait for the start and try to tune in.
l am sure some kind person will compile a list and post it on this forum soon.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:56   #702
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
As far as I recall Digital Fanatic (staff) did say Red Button is launching in 3 stages.

First it will be a sort of 'soft launch' with not all content available, then Tivo and then a full service from the start of the next football season.

Maybe VM have a webpage detailing the scheduled red button events?, just a thought and might be worth a look.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:56   #703
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Quote:
Does it say in the EPG?

I'm sure it said super rugby was available on VM that's what that game Mersey is stating is I think.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:59   #704
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
I'm sure it said super rugby was available on VM that's what that game Mersey is stating is I think.
I don't much follow RU so cannot say I even recognise those teams I mentioned.
Old 30-04-2011, 11:00   #705
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The Rugby Red Button evcent VM mention is Super League in May.

There is a schedule of events coming up including Masters Tennis and the Rugby Super League in May. (Events are subject to change without notice).

But they do say "including" so who knows....
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote