Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:01   #916
ballstine27
Inactive

ballstine27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

hi im new and not sure were to post this. i have got virgin media full package. and they kept advertising big bang theorie season 1 to 4 all january.
i can only find season 1 2 and half of season 4. is this correct or is there somthing rong with my on demand service. or will they add the rest at a later date.

thank you
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38   #917
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Post Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballstine27 View Post
hi im new and not sure were to post this. i have got virgin media full package. and they kept advertising big bang theorie season 1 to 4 all january.
i can only find season 1 2 and half of season 4. is this correct or is there somthing rong with my on demand service. or will they add the rest at a later date.

thank you

Maybe the fact that it is now February might have something to do with it?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:39   #918
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have got an update on this story from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Bad news if this is to be believed about Premier sports. http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...31396846348971

" I sent a email to Virgin Media asking "" Someone high up at Virgin Media has confirmed to me that Premier Sports & Premier Sports Xtra will launch this week on Channel 549 & 550."

Go to view all 38 comments
http://www.facebook.com/premiersports.tv

Is this true ?

This was the reply

"
I'm surprised to hear that as we have not agreed terms for the channels. Virgin Media has actively engaged with Premier Sport over the past 12 months and advised them that we're able to make the channel available to our customers on a premium basis. This is the same way in which customers currently access the channel via Direct To Home services. Unfortunately Premier Sport has chosen to decline our proposal so we are unable to launch. If you have any feedback on this matter, I suggest you contact Premier Sport directly.

Peter Chapman Associate Director, Content Acquisition

"
I ask my insiders: Have Virgin pull out of talks with Premier Sports?

And I was told the following:

''VM are still trying to agree terms with Premier Sports, they haven't walked away.''
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51   #919
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
''VM are still trying to agree terms with Premier Sports, they haven't walked away.''

One wonders how hard they're trying though. One meeting in the last 3 months could be classed as trying
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57   #920
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
One wonders how hard they're trying though. One meeting in the last 3 months could be classed as trying
I would expect that any agreements are not Virgin repeatly going 'Can we have it, can we have it, can we have it' or Premier Sports going 'Do you want it, do you want it, do you want it.

There would be an offer presented, and then accepted or rejected, rather than an bombardment of offers.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58   #921
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Does Virgin Media have a equivalent of Sky Go?

Also Virgin need to upgrade their TV service big time, they already have a great Intenet service!
Old 01-02-2012, 13:01   #922
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Does Virgin Media have a equivalent of Sky Go?
www.virginmedia.com/player is what Virgin Media have at the moment. Who knows what may be coming up though.
Old 01-02-2012, 13:02   #923
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Where has been detailed that there has only been one meeting in 3 months?

I would expect that any agreements are not Virgin repeatly going 'Can we have it, can we have it, can we have it' or Premier Sports going 'Do you want it, do you want it, do you want it.

There would be an offer presented, and then accepted or rejected.
The 3 months thing was an example. I never said it actulally happened

I any negotiation you usully make an offer if it gets rejected you then adjust the offer until both parties are happy.

If as you say an offer was made and this was rejected and nothing has happened since it cant really be classed as an active negotiation
Old 01-02-2012, 13:05   #924
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
If as you say an offer was made and this was rejected and nothing has happened since it cant really be classed as an active negotiation
I'm pretty sure it would have been a continuing process, but just not at the daily level that some people seem to think should happen
Old 01-02-2012, 13:12   #925
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
www.virginmedia.com/player is what Virgin Media have at the moment. Who knows what may be coming up though.
l bet you got a good idea though whats coming so any little bits you can tell us Ben.
Old 01-02-2012, 13:12   #926
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Can I get it on my iPad?
Old 01-02-2012, 13:22   #927
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Can I get it on my iPad?
Not yet but it is being worked on
Old 01-02-2012, 14:18   #928
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

The sticking point I guess is that Premier sports want to be included in virgins xl package like ESPN but virgin want it as a stand alone channel because they know it`s not that much of an attraction. It`s on sky as a stand alone channel and at £7.99 a month there`s no way I`d subscribe to it. I wonder how many sky customers do subscribe to it? Bet the figure is low!
Old 01-02-2012, 14:24   #929
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it would have been a continuing process, but just not at the daily level that some people seem to think should happen
wasnt suggest it should

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
The sticking point I guess is that Premier sports want to be included in virgins xl package like ESPN but virgin want it as a stand alone channel because they know it`s not that much of an attraction. It`s on sky as a stand alone channel and at £7.99 a month there`s no way I`d subscribe to it. I wonder how many sky customers do subscribe to it? Bet the figure is low!
Id pay £7.99 for it as i'd watch it for about 10 hours a week. I used to pay £10 for NASN. so 20p per hour roughly is a bargain
Old 01-02-2012, 14:46   #930
TonyM19
Inactive

TonyM19 is on a distinguished roadTonyM19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I'd pay. It probably covers enough relatively 'niche' sports to make it worthwhile. Of course, I'd sooner have it in my XL package
Closed Thread