Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky have just offered me....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky have just offered me....

Old 17-02-2011, 11:11   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Sky have just offered me....

I got tied to a similar deal with sky. The TV package was excellent
But the broadband is miles off, If you need the internet during peak times.. Avoid getting the Internet with them. Do some background on it first.

Soon as the clock dings 5pm.. its as good as dead. The salesman promised me 20mb BB was available in my area. That was a lie, Phoned them and they claimed I could get at least 10mb.. that was a lie. Been stuck with 5mb Broadband that reduces itself to 0.2mb at 5pm all the way until 12am.

Had to ring virgin and pray they would come put my 50mb service back in which they happily did.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:03   #17
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Really?lol
Far as i've seen all the free channels you can get on Sky but not Virgin just contain complete and utter rubbish but if you want to go for a rip off deal just for the wedding channel then that's fine ROFL
mate why do you care its upto him at the end of the day, plus his wife has obviously got different tastes to you. why let it bother you so much ?
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 20:07   #18
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

I had a phone call from Sky this afternoon and decided to go along with it and see what they said. They guaranteed 20Mb in my area on Sky BB, even though i have an ADSL2+ connection that tops out at 9Mb because of my distance from the phone exchange. I would take any sales patter with a pinch of salt.

Also, Virgin didn't take any channels off you, Sky closed them down. They dont exist anymore, not even on Sky TV.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote