Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 00:40   #91
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Yep!

Finally confirmed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7592272.stm

Let's hope he's worth it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2008, 00:57   #92
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

yep, makes both manchester teams happy tonight
Old 02-09-2008, 01:17   #93
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

So, Robinho to City and Berbatov to Utd. One for almost £32 mill + a player and the other for £32.5 mill. I know which one I'd prefer and it's not the lazy, sulking Bulgarian!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:38   #94
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

But surely even non-United fans will get pleasure out of knowing a team managed to outbid Roman?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-09-2008, 10:05   #95
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
But surely even non-United fans will get pleasure out of knowing a team managed to outbid Roman?
I was shocked to see that one go through, couldn't believe it. I totally believe the new owners when they say they want to make Man City the biggest club in the UK/Europe/World. You just need to visit Dubai to see some of the crazy construction schems they have in place to see how money is no object to them.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48   #96
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
I was shocked to see that one go through, couldn't believe it. I totally believe the new owners when they say they want to make Man City the biggest club in the UK/Europe/World. You just need to visit Dubai to see some of the crazy construction schems they have in place to see how money is no object to them.
Money can buy you a lot of players, a lot of world class players, but putting them together into one, none world class team is a whole different thing and I think the new owners are in for a big shock at just how hard it really is, even when you have 'unlimted' money.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:55   #97
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

I think the Robinho deal is more one where the agent just wanted to the money. I don't think Robinho has an clue about the English league and the agent has said City are a great club and he can win things there. Players only listen to agents and this is the end result.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:57   #98
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, players can be great, but unless the person running the team knows how to make the team great it can be a major flop.

Well Mr. Hughes is unproven but has got potential, also as long as the new owners don't do the same as a certain Thai did on Sven and actually give him the promised 3 years I think that there's a chance....
Old 02-09-2008, 11:19   #99
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post

From what I know about Arabs from Dubai,
I think you will find that these 'Arabs' are not from Dubia.

Jim.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:41   #100
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post

Jim.

Sorry my bad Abu Dhabi --- but I do believe they have major developments across the entire UAE. And as far as I know, Abu Dhabi is richer than Dubai.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01   #101
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post

Jim.
Mind you, nor is anyone else, seeing as you've just made that up
Old 02-09-2008, 13:11   #102
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

According to Sky Sports News Keegan has left Newcastle.

Dennis Wise is favourite to take over.
Old 02-09-2008, 13:34   #103
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
According to Sky Sports News Keegan has left Newcastle.

Dennis Wise is favourite to take over.
That was a short come back !
Old 02-09-2008, 13:52   #104
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
That was a short come back !
Are you refering to Keegans time at St James or Dennis's height lol.

Maybe its got something to do with Joey Barton.
Old 02-09-2008, 14:40   #105
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaf_laandon_mo View Post
are you refering to keegans time at st james or dennis's height lol.

Maybe its got something to do with joey barton.
both :d
Closed Thread