Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 20:46   #151
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

Total BS. Not a good day at all.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2016, 20:56   #152
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

But it was a golden day for British sport and that's certainly something to celebrate in my humble opinion..
Old 22-07-2016, 10:52   #153
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Rosberg has signed to stay at Mercedes until the end of 2018.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36864370
Old 22-07-2016, 11:25   #154
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Excellent, hopefully this means someone else will be off at the end of the season.

I've been asked why I don't like Hamilton, and here are a few reasons.

1. He's way too arrogant for his own good
2. I don't think he is that good a driver, merely driving for the right team at the right time
3. I don't like the way he has treated Nicole Scherzinger
4. Main one, I don't like him because of dumping all over Stevenage

You can disagree with me if you want, but I won't be changing my mind anytime soon. Apologies.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:43   #155
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

You don't have to change your mind Mark but rest assured nor will we..
Old 22-07-2016, 13:43   #156
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Excellent, hopefully this means someone else will be off at the end of the season.

I've been asked why I don't like Hamilton, and here are a few reasons.

1. He's way too arrogant for his own good--Sorry just don't see that
2. I don't think he is that good a driver, merely driving for the right team at the right time--No apologies you are just wrong having seen him in the junior catagories as well he is the real deal
3. I don't like the way he has treated Nicole Scherzinger--Don't think the general public should ever cast aspertons on personal relationships when all you see is what is published and pushed out through the media
4. Main one, I don't like him because of dumping all over Stevenage--Stevenage ASDA used to have an F1 silhouette and reserved parking space by the door for Lewis.-

You can disagree with me if you want, but I won't be changing my mind anytime soon. Apologies.
I do, you wont, I wont. But HAM has binned it in P2 at Hungary already

Let6s enjoy the rest of the season where we will see HAM beat ROS. ROS is fast no doubt there, I just don't see him being as good at Racing as HAM.

Enjoy

hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 19:43   #157
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

LH is signed up for a few years more
Old 22-07-2016, 21:33   #158
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
LH is signed up for a few years more
I wish, but both contracts expire at the end of 2018.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:47   #159
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Rosberg more likely to extend beyond then. German driver more likely to sign with the German team.

Wonder what effect Brexit would have on likes of Hamilton?
Old 23-07-2016, 07:56   #160
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Rosberg more likely to extend beyond then. German driver more likely to sign with the German team.

Diddly squat Mark.
Old 23-07-2016, 13:25   #161
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

I would also say him being German makes no difference, it will be down to which driver gives the best results, which is seen as better advertising for the team and whether they want to stay or not if offered an extension after 2018.

In my opinion LH is by far the better driver and judging by the last 5 races where he has removed Rosbergs lead i fully expect him to win the championship again this year unless he makes mistakes or his car goes pear shaped and Rosbergs doesn't.

Only time will tell i guess.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Qualifying looks so dangerous in all the rain, not sure if it is because i am watching it on Kodi in SD or not.

Edit....

Red flagged.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-07-2016 at 12:03.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 15:25   #162
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Please tell me how you can get pole on a lap where you had to ease off because of double waved yellows?

So yet again Nico is gifed a pole.
Old 23-07-2016, 15:38   #163
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Pfft, sour grapes. You wouldn't be moaning other way around would you?
Old 23-07-2016, 19:48   #164
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Everyone is entitled to moan like we all do in this thread, but Homer has a point the yellow flag was waving for Rosberg too.

It is a shame LH got caught by the crash because it would almost certainly of been the pole lap as he was 0.35 secs ahead in the first sector then his previous best and 0.4 ahead of Rosberg.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Rosberg now being investigated for possibly not slowing enough for the caution flag as he set a fastest sector time under the caution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36876625

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

The stewards have now decided Rosberg slowed enough so gets to keep pole position.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-07-2016 at 18:26.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 14:19   #165
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

HUMBUG!