Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?
View Poll Results: Smart Meter Yae or Nae
Yes 18 43.90%
No 18 43.90%
Undecided 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-02-2024, 11:35   #91
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Think I’m going to have to get them put in as looking to move to Octopus they’re claiming we can pay £280 a month rather than the £410 a month Scottish Power are wanting
Do you live in a 10 bed mansion or something, my dual fuel is less than £90 a month for a 2 bed and I'm £250 in credit with Octopus?

I thought £290 was shocking but £410 would give me a heart attack.
Old 25-02-2024, 11:54   #92
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Do you live in a 10 bed mansion or something, my dual fuel is less than £90 a month for a 2 bed and I'm £250 in credit with Octopus?

Nope, just a normal four bed detached, two electric cars charging,
Two bikes on optimates tumble dryer are the big users that I can think of

Tried to ring Octopus this morning, can’t believe their sales teams aren’t open on a weekend
Old 25-02-2024, 11:58   #93
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

I am close to £430 however i expect that to drop now i am on the tracker., Both myself and my son work from home most of the week plus i have an EV, The EV saves me a far amount compared with the 3ltr BMW 530 i was using for work. That could easily drink £200 of diesel at least in a month when i used it to attend meetings around the country.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 12:08   #94
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Nope, just a normal four bed detached, two electric cars charging,
Two bikes on optimates tumble dryer are the big users that I can think of

Tried to ring Octopus this morning, can’t believe their sales teams aren’t open on a weekend
If you want to change to Octopus then you can easily do it online, I hate speaking to a human lol.
Old 25-02-2024, 12:13   #95
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Most of the time I would do but I want to chat through options with a human first
Old 25-02-2024, 13:42   #96
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBeetle View Post
EDF have been pestering me for months and I finally caved in last week. Not sure if it is worth it tbh but they have certain tarrifs only available if you have the smart meter. I am dreading the day I move suppliers and find out it is incompatible with them.
The current generation of SMs should be compatible with any supplier.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 16:50   #97
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

2 neighbours are still unable to get onto special tariffs as their smart meters don't work at all. They don't even talk to the indoor display. Both have been replaced a few times, but the last tech said the problem was "local connectivity".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 17:33   #98
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

If the only problem in life is smart meters, then you're probably not doing so bad.
Best not to have one though, they seem to cause a lot of stress.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 18:28   #99
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Oirs have never caused us any stress. They do what they are supposed to.
Old 25-02-2024, 19:28   #100
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What he said

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2024, 19:38   #101
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

"We’d love to hear your thoughts on the experience of having your ScottishPower smart meter installed, and the benefits this brings".

"As a token of our gratitude, upon completion of the interview process, you will receive a £100 e-voucher for the 2-hour in-person interview as a thank you for your participation and contribution".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2024, 05:29   #102
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I hope ya dont have any issues Taf!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2024, 05:39   #103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We have had one for nearly 5 years, never had one problem with them.
Old 27-02-2024, 08:31   #104
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We have had one for nearly 5 years, never had one problem with them.
Me three…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2024, 09:50   #105
FamousBeetle
cf.member

FamousBeetle is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine went live last week. Waiting for it to give us the first meter reading. Will update everyone as to how it goes.
FamousBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote