Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2014, 06:54   #3196
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Just spent 10 minutes rushing around looking for my wallet that was in my back pocket the whole time
Old 21-06-2014, 07:12   #3197
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Further to my moan about people abusing their moderating powers, one decided to step down as mod but then turned around and demanded that another mod be demoted and he would then stay as mod. Needless to say, I have said that is not on. Once you resign, you cannot then make demands.
Old 21-06-2014, 07:41   #3198
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Just spent 10 minutes rushing around looking for my wallet that was in my back pocket the whole time
I put the kettle in the fridge again the other day, still expected it to work as we'll!!!
Old 22-06-2014, 22:55   #3199
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

So, further to my moan above, it has now come about that the one person who wanted to quit then said he would stay if someone else was kicked off has now stayed on because the other one has left in a huff.

Why does power make people act like jerks and losers? I made that mistake when I took my first moderating job, and learnt quickly not to annoy members.
Old 22-06-2014, 23:13   #3200
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We had a power cut from 7pm till 5 45 am last week as a result when the lights came back on our landing flats lights were off at night and on all day. When we informed the council to fix the clock time, we were informed that we would be sent on a bill for this. Not our fault we had a power cut as the whole street was out, This is just a disgrace, Scottish Power said we were not out long enough for compensation . Unbelievable
Old 22-06-2014, 23:26   #3201
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

You could try sending the council bill to scottish power, if I were you I would ask for a explanation as to why you should be out of pocket for something out of your control. Also write to the head of housing at your local office explaining the situation and ask for the reasons why you need to pay, also go to to your local councillor/mp with regards to this matter as it does not seem fair to pay for something out with your control.
Old 22-06-2014, 23:38   #3202
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
We had a power cut from 7pm till 5 45 am last week as a result when the lights came back on our landing flats lights were off at night and on all day. When we informed the council to fix the clock time, we were informed that we would be sent on a bill for this. Not our fault we had a power cut as the whole street was out, This is just a disgrace, Scottish Power said we were not out long enough for compensation . Unbelievable
I know what my reply would have been

what you want to do is tell the council you can not afford it then "accidentally" fall down the stairs and sue the council for thousands

Old 23-06-2014, 12:04   #3203
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We are sending a message to our local councillor, the council office said it must be paid by the tenants. Why do we pay council Tax I wonder.
Old 23-06-2014, 12:33   #3204
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Hope he/she will be able to help you out Nashville as it does seem really unfair that you should be out of pocket. I do not understand the councils logic here or Scottish Power. I would have thought if anyone should pay it would be Scottish Power as it was there fault that caused the problem you are left with. You could always phone or drop in to your local CAB to check your rights on this matter. Good Luck hope it gets sorted soon for you.
Old 23-06-2014, 12:55   #3205
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Backed up loads of old photos and documents to an external drive a while back.

Now when I need to retrieve something can I remember the password to access the backup? Can I ....

That'll teach me to be security conscious and not just use the same password for everything.

Looks like a long day ahead at some point with a pad of paper, lots of combinations and lots of coffee.
Old 23-06-2014, 20:16   #3206
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Occupational therapist visit tomorrow and a viewing of a bungalow on Thursday... Not really thinking positive thoughts.
Old 23-06-2014, 21:58   #3207
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

All I wanted was to buy some binoculars but frankly after looking into it and the OH interfering I've gone off the idea..
Old 23-06-2014, 23:06   #3208
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I put the kettle in the fridge again the other day, still expected it to work as we'll!!!
That's one way to make an iced coffee

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

That'll teach me to be security conscious and not just use the same password for everything.
Frustrating, had the same happen with an encrypted virtual machine that had some important stuff saved on it. Make a password system now while the pain is fresh, so it don't happen again...
Old 23-06-2014, 23:49   #3209
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
All I wanted was to buy some binoculars but frankly after looking into it and the OH interfering I've gone off the idea..
He just doesn't approve of you spying on the neighbours
Old 23-06-2014, 23:53   #3210
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
He just doesn't approve of you spying on the neighbours
Why are you worried Gary