Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Useful STB Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Useful STB Info

Old 20-07-2007, 09:53   #61
darkm
Inactive

darkm can only hope to improve
Re: Useful STB Info

I have a pace box which got stck in tune, best thing is to get a replacement more often than not.
darkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2007, 10:45   #62
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmac View Post
Error 1021????? No on demand.
40 minute wait on helpline.
No help from Virgin Media.
No surprise there.

Does anyone know what this error is.
I know its a bit late, but heres the explanation...

On Demand services are temporarily unavailable, please try again later. If this keeps happenning please call us free on 151, and Quote Error 1021. If you are not a Virgin phone Customer see "Help and Info" on your Virgin Home page for contact details or look on the back of your Bill.

What does this mean? - VoD is initialising and has detected no return path

Likliest Cause? - The Return path not available. This may be Customer premise equipment, Last Drop or Access / Headend

Resoloution - Tech Callout required

Hope this helps!

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 16:20   #63
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

For a new V box, what would you do in order to access the Diagnostic Menu? The above, doesn't seem to work.
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 21:55   #64
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanme View Post
For a new V box, what would you do in order to access the Diagnostic Menu? The above, doesn't seem to work.
Home->Settings->Technical Stuff.

But why do you want to?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 23:42   #65
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Home->Settings->Technical Stuff.

But why do you want to?
I'm wanting to look at the Blue, DOCSIS Engineers Menu. Which shows the signal levels, etc, etc.
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 17:13   #66
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth01 View Post
I'm wanting to look at the Blue, DOCSIS Engineers Menu. Which shows the signal levels, etc, etc.
Have you got a Samsung box?

If is like this:

Turn off at the plug and then holding down the CH۸ and CH۷ turn the box back on.

Keep them held for about 10 seconds and the hit OK on your remote.

Should take you into the diagnostics menu.

I've never been able to see any channels that others have said are testing.
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 15:56   #67
archieoswald
Inactive

archieoswald is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know how to resolve the fault 1059/0SS20006,on a virgin media box?as Virgin media dont seem in any hurry to sort this out,which i have now had for a week.
archieoswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 16:02   #68
Tom Stanley
Inactive

Tom Stanley is an unknown quantity at this point

1059 is a server issue, so it will sort itself out (you can't do anything I'm afraid, it all VMTS).
Tom Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 16:28   #69
archieoswald
Inactive

archieoswald is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stanley View Post
1059 is a server issue, so it will sort itself out (you can't do anything I'm afraid, it all VMTS).
Thanks for letting me know Tom.So how long then? what does VMTS Mean?
archieoswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 16:38   #70
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Virgin Media Technical Support... Usually.
Although i suspect it may be the name of a server based system in this context. I'm as puzzled as you!
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 08:35   #71
Tom Stanley
Inactive

Tom Stanley is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I meant Technical Support.

Checking the status page, I can't see a 1059, which area are you in?

Merry Christmas everyone! Next year I'll try and spend more time over here, I'm mainly on DS at the moment!

Tom
Tom Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 15:13   #72
~Dan~
Inactive

~Dan~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Last night our STB went off. Switching it off for 2 minutes and on again wouldn't help. The button on the front stayed red and nothing appeared on the display. It's one of the silver Samsung ones and we only got it before Xmas. Before that we had a different coloured STB's, I don't know what make it was but it was a total pain and needed switching on and off again to reset it every couple of of days. The Samsung one has been great until it went off yesterday.

Later last night it just came on by itself.

This morning it wouldn't switch on, but switching off for 2 min & on again works most of the time (although a couple of times it went through the usual things it shows on the display but right at the end it didn't come on like it should have done). The only problem is when it's switched off again it won't come back on requiring the whole reset palaver all over again. When it's swirched off, the button goes red but sometimes the channel number is still showing on the display.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

An engineer can't come out until the 26th so I suppose we've got to put up with resetting it every time we want to switch it on and hoping that it'll come on this time.
~Dan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 15:38   #73
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's a well-known hardware fault. If it's working leave the box on until the tech comes.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:13   #74
Halifax81uk
Inactive

Halifax81uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this post people. my box died last night err2, so with the help of this thread I now know I will prob have to get a new box
Halifax81uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 14:13   #75
help88
Inactive

help88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Useful STB Info

Hi i switched on my set top box about 30mins ago and it continuously runs through a sequence.

its says eaas, err4, lait, ldpd, pace, ntl, not in this order, it also runs through every channel really quickly with the three led lights flashing beside the numbers.

have tried switching it on and off, it is an ntl pace box. i read somewhere that it maybe updating and to leave it for a while??

help help help
help88 is offline   Reply With Quote