Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Useful STB Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Useful STB Info

Old 17-05-2007, 22:08   #46
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Useful STB Info

A phase 3 pace .Does the box have a ip address?
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2007, 22:23   #47
gcmac
Inactive

gcmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Useful STB Info

Then they had the cheek to try and charge me £10 if the engineer comes on Monday between 4 and 7 and no one is in. I told him I wanted someone between 5 and 7.

I think I will wait until the engineer knocks my door and leave him waiting for 40 mins before answering the door. lol only kidding.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

i think it said ip address 'not defined'

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

I have all my normal channels. No on demand???
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 22:26   #48
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmac View Post
Then they had the cheek to try and charge me £10 if the engineer comes on Monday between 4 and 7 and no one is in. I told him I wanted someone between 5 and 7.

I think I will wait until the engineer knocks my door and leave him waiting for 40 mins before answering the door. lol only kidding.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

i think it said ip address 'not defined'

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

I have all my normal channels. No on demand???
to be fair it is difficult to narrow down appts due to not knowing how long each job would take,traffic/road conditions/techs finishing at different times etc,..but if you ask them to narrow it down they can officially do this with a nod from the manager on service in that area,try that.
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 22:30   #49
gcmac
Inactive

only kidding.

understandable.
Old 17-05-2007, 22:36   #50
on in an hour!
Inactive

on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmac View Post
only kidding.

understandable.
i know why not try asking them to contact the manager though,i get jobs with narrowed down appts,if they have my managers name on i make sure i visit last so they'll be in.did this last week even though out of all my jobs it was furthest from home when i finished
Old 17-05-2007, 22:48   #51
gcmac
Inactive

cheers
Old 25-05-2007, 19:17   #52
RDDearing
Inactive

RDDearing will become famous soon enoughRDDearing will become famous soon enoughRDDearing will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to RDDearing

Just reading through this section and wondered if anyone could clarify what the "tune" message means - it appeared without anything being done one day and now it appears every time the box is booted and wont go away. The display on the TV also tells me that it's being upgraded but never goes away either. Hopefully have an engineer out next week!
RDDearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 07:27   #53
Nedkelly
Inactive

Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal

Tune on a pace means 1 there is no signal to the box or 2 the tuner has gone needs a new box .
LD20 on samsung means the same
Old 02-06-2007, 11:18   #54
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the samsung error codes?
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 17:18   #55
Nedkelly
Inactive

Samsung led error codes are er 01 02 03 04 05 then LD 01 02 03 04 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 20 30 and ld 40 if the box stick on any of these duriing boot up some of them require a box change and some require a rehit and some are aera related
Old 07-06-2007, 18:16   #56
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thread for Pace box users... What are the error codes for Samsung boxes? The SMT-2100c and the SMT-2100C
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 17:00   #57
flufff
Inactive

flufff is an unknown quantity at this point

what does it mean if i reboot my pace box and its say (pat)
flufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 19:09   #58
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If it says PAt for more than a couple of seconds, you need to ring VM.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:25   #59
flufff
Inactive

flufff is an unknown quantity at this point

i have ntl pace box and it just say tune what can i done to get it working please can someone help
flufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:52   #60
on in an hour!
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flufff View Post
i have ntl pace box and it just say tune what can i done to get it working please can someone help
nothing flufff,you need to ring to arrange a tech visit,the official line for stt's stuck on tune is retn to stores.