Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Useful STB Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Useful STB Info

Old 30-10-2006, 13:32   #31
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road
Re: Useful STB Info

The number is 08451420000 not 08450420000.

Also anytime your box says er or err it requires a tech with the exception of err11, err12, err16, which are outages. TunE is also an outage. NIT is an outage. PACE is the same as 8888 if locks there.

Onscreen error codes:

1050, is interactive no access, perform a mains reset, if not resolved book a troublecall for a tech visit.
1057, teleport fault server to busy restart event/mains reset, if not resolved stage to dq where you'll get a call in 5 days to ask if it's working again.
1059, PPV error send an I1 hit to resolve.

There are loads short of dumping the FDT here.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2007, 15:09   #32
valor
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
valor is on a distinguished roadvalor is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Info all..Very useful...
valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 21:01   #33
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkypants View Post
Interactive and On Demand problems

Standard error messages : IS002 and MO44

PACE Boxes

1. On your NTL remote look for the page up and down buttons. On the center of the remote you should also see small red, yellow, green and blue buttons.

2. Go on to BBC 1 on your NTL cable channels. Once the now and next bar has disappeared on the bottom of the screen, press page up, page down and the blue button frorm the red, yellow and green button selection.

3. You should get a menu on screen with Network Status on the top of the screen. If you have a diary or reminder screen, press TV, re read the above instructions and try again.

4. Go down the More option and press select.

5. On the next page go down to the More option and press select.

6. On the final page you should the Conn (Connection) Status. The Conn status should have 5 - connected next to it. If it states anything less than 5 connected, you have a poor signal quality going to the box. Reboot the box and do the Conn status check again. If you still have a poor connection, a faults tech will need to attend.
I've got the error code IS002 on my 2nd STB when I try to access on demand I've done the above abd the connection status is ok so have reported it to faults but what does card waiting on the last screen mean?
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 23:29   #34
Babbage11
Inactive

Babbage11 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the TV drive(exTW), press and hold the up & down buttons then press reset. Relese buttons once led says dIAG. This puts you in engineer pages. IIRC you can change modulator channel.

If you press and hold the ok button and reset, it comes up with another screen headed 'Guardian', followed by a load of bumph saying it needs updating, please standby. Underneath this is some hardware/software version info.

Using the up & down buttons on Pace 4000t whilst disconnecting/reconnecting mains also takes you to engineers pages.
Babbage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 21:01   #35
K Man
Inactive

Services: V+ VIP & Vmobile - in for a penny.......and all that
K Man has a spectacular aura about themK Man has a spectacular aura about themK Man has a spectacular aura about themK Man has a spectacular aura about them

V+ Sci/At 8300DVB specs: http://www.sciatl.com/customers/Source/7004921.pdf

Incredibly useful Fred - LOL
K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 18:04   #36
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I had two STB previously, one Pace and one Samsung. Last week, the Pace box was replaced with a V+ box. Delighted with the V+ and everything works fine with that - but I now find that there's no VoD with the Samsung box, and I'm getting the response IS002. It used to be ok, and I'm wondering if the account was set incorrectly when the Pace box was removed?
Anyhow, I called CS this morning, and eventually was told "there's a general problem in your area, and it will be fixed by 8pm Monday night."

I'm a litte sceptical having read this thread, and I think that the Sunday call centre didn't have the knowledge about this fault. I guess it's something that I'm going to have to persist with tomorrow?
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 15:58   #37
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how to change the RF channel on a V+ box?
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 16:15   #38
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynrose View Post
I've got the error code IS002 on my 2nd STB when I try to access on demand I've done the above abd the connection status is ok so have reported it to faults but what does card waiting on the last screen mean?
From earlier posts, I recall that IS002 and M041 (I think) mean that your interactive services have not been applied correctly, and it needs to be escalated to second level support. I had it after they installed the V+ box, and the existing Samsung lost its ability to view VOD. A call (well three actually - I initially called on Sunday afternoon) got it working again.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 16:58   #39
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcreator View Post
Does anyone know how to change the RF channel on a V+ box?

See post #34 above.

Cheers
EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 00:20   #40
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Frame advance mode on V+

I seem to have found an undocumented feature on the V+ [I did check in the V+ user guide, but can't see any mention of it]. You know how on some VCRs if you pause the tape, then press the fast forward button it goes into frame advance mode? Well it turns out the V+ can do the same thing. Instead of just pressing the FF button though, you have to press & hold it for a second or so. When you do you'll see the mode icon change from pause to both the pause & FF icons. Doesn't work for rewind though.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 21:28   #41
gcmac
Inactive

gcmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Error 1021????? No on demand.
40 minute wait on helpline.
No help from Virgin Media.
No surprise there.

Does anyone know what this error is.
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 21:35   #42
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmac View Post
Error 1021????? No on demand.
40 minute wait on helpline.
No help from Virgin Media.
No surprise there.

Does anyone know what this error is.
there are plenty of err msgs that you get back from on-demand gcmac,most of them arent a problem with the box,more with the on-demand servers.try your interactive services (just browse anything) if this works ok at least you know your box is locked on to the network..other err msgs begin with: SAEC,meaning about the same.is it when you actually press on demand or is it certain content you are trying to view?
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 21:40   #43
gcmac
Inactive

If i press interactive on remote it happens.

if i press guide and try and select any service e.g. movies on demand, catch up on demand, etc, etc it happens.
Tried resetting. No change.
???????

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

2 weeks it has been like this
Old 17-05-2007, 21:40   #44
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmac View Post
If i press interactive on remote it happens.

if i press guide and try and select any service e.g. movies on demand, catch up on demand, etc, etc it happens.
Tried resetting. No change.
???????
what make of crap,er,set top box is it m8??
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 22:05   #45
gcmac
Inactive

pace Di4010-N