Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 18:49   #451
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The continuing absence of History HD, C+I HD and E! HD is particularly strange as all of them are available on BT in addition to Sky. History HD and C+I HD are even available in Virgin Media in Ireland, but not here!
Good observation.
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2017, 18:57   #452
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

... Murdoch owns them, obviously VM don't want to pay the price.
Old 09-02-2017, 19:39   #453
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
What's interesting is H2 is available in HD on Virgin Media but not SKY
Old 09-02-2017, 19:44   #454
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

VM are knocking some decent offers out it seems or they are desperate for custom.
Had a phonecall of them today inviting me to return to vm and get a v6 box on full house tv pack, 200mb vivid broadband and weekend calls for £30p/m plus £14.99 activation.
Not a bad offer tbf but i declined as i' still in contract with BT and wouldn't tust VM as far as i could throw them.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What's interesting is H2 is available in HD on Virgin Media but not SKY
H2HD is also on BT too so that puts to bed the vm cults shouting "murdoch won't et us have them."
Also i think my youview box glitched today or bt are getting sky channels very soon as 301 sky1 showed up on my EPG then vanished again.
Old 09-02-2017, 19:46   #455
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Not sure that makes much sense, Virgin Media pay for History HD and C+I HD in Ireland, so why not in the UK...

Also as Chad says, they do pay for H2.

E! HD is nothing to do with Murdoch...

Last edited by SonicMaster; 09-02-2017 at 19:50.
Old 09-02-2017, 19:48   #456
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
VM are knocking some decent offers out it seems or they are desperate for custom.
Had a phonecall of them today inviting me to return to vm and get a v6 box on full house tv pack, 200mb vivid broadband and weekend calls for £30p/m plus £14.99 activation.
Not a bad offer tbf but i declined as i' still in contract with BT and wouldn't tust VM as far as i could throw them.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

H2HD is also on BT too so that puts to bed the vm cults shouting "murdoch won't et us have them."
Also i think my youview box glitched today or bt are getting sky channels very soon as 301 sky1 showed up on my EPG then vanished again.
My my you do seem to have a ongoing grudge against Virgin it seems.
Old 09-02-2017, 20:06   #457
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Not a bad offer tbf but i declined as i' still in contract with BT and wouldn't tust VM as far as i could throw them
That's a great offer, but it just shows you that ppl like myself are being ripped off, as we are paying over £100 for the very same or similar package, and looks like we are subsidising new customers!
Old 09-02-2017, 20:15   #458
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My my you do seem to have a ongoing grudge against Virgin it seems.
After the way they treated me bud they could be the only broadband provider in the world i still wouldn't touch them, don't get me wrong the vm guys/women that post on here are a great bunch and it's a pity all vm staff aren't like them.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's a great offer, but it just shows you that ppl like myself are being ripped off, as we are paying over £100 for the very same or similar package, and looks like we are subsidising new customers!
i agree it's same with BT had the price rise email today i phoned to negotiate they offered me 50p off to start with i kindly said no i'll go to talktalk for £27pm 38mbs.
BT suddenly found a offer on my account tv,btsport,upto 80mb infinty2 for £36.99pm 24 month contract ut these companies have price rises every 12 months or so so in a year i can re-negotiate.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51   #459
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Cinema Hits will be rebrand as Sky Cinema Pixar.

From February 11th til February 19th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-02-2017, 10:11   #460
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Special offers for new customers is nothing new, MM. If Sky do these deals and Virgin don't, then Sky will get the bulk of the new customers. We need Virgin to have lots of subscribers because this increases their ability to invest more in the service and provide increased content.
Old 10-02-2017, 19:21   #461
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

spike channel is now on tv anytime
Old 11-02-2017, 11:38   #462
theone2k10
Inactive

Viacom to rebrand SPIKE in 2018 to Paramount Network credit to Epsom on dspy for info.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...73&postcount=1

Edit scrap that it's USA only.
Old 11-02-2017, 17:04   #463
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Not sure that makes much sense, Virgin Media pay for History HD and C+I HD in Ireland, so why not in the UK...

Also as Chad says, they do pay for H2.

E! HD is nothing to do with Murdoch...
The agreement in Ireland is the existing one with UPC (before the rebrand as Virgin Media Ireland) which is still run as a seperate company. We will have to see what happens when the agreement comes up for renewal.
Old 11-02-2017, 19:13   #464
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The agreement in Ireland is the existing one with UPC (before the rebrand as Virgin Media Ireland) which is still run as a seperate company. We will have to see what happens when the agreement comes up for renewal.
Yes, Virgin seem to have an aversion to updating contracts part way through.
Old 11-02-2017, 19:31   #465
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, Virgin seem to have an aversion to updating contracts part way through.
It's just weird. Why on earth didn't they secure History HD and C+I HD when they signed up H2 HD!
Closed Thread