Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+Box - Recordings Lost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo charges

Old 23-04-2012, 18:24   #1
One eyed willie
Inactive

One eyed willie is an unknown quantity at this point
Tivo charges

I have a Virgin Media VIP package and have just signed up(last week) to have a 500mb Tivo box. On the web form the only cost seemed to be a £49.50 installation charge. Is that correct or is there an extra monthly cost?
One eyed willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2012, 19:23   #2
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Tivo charges

There should be a £5 monthly charge for the box.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 19:51   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The new VIP comes with a terabyte TiVo free
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 12:44   #4
One eyed willie
Inactive

One eyed willie is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to VM this morning, £49.95 installation, £5.00 per month and an upgrade to the terabyte Tivo free. After I have had this installed, I was told to call up and ask to go to the VIP collection which should reduce my charges further.
One eyed willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 11:22   #5
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

If you ask nicely you should be able to get installation free..... like i did..
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 13:51   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
If you ask nicely you should be able to get installation free..... like i did..
So they are back to charging for that ! Glad I got mine when I did.
Old 28-04-2012, 09:19   #7
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Just upgrade to premier collection no installation fee.
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:43   #8
andrewstevenson

I got a free 1tb TiVo at launch with no install and later a free 500 gb TiVo free install. The £5 TiVo fee will be waived on VIP
Old 28-04-2012, 15:14   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I thought that all the new "Collection" deals included the £5 Tivo fee?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 15:53   #10
andrewstevenson

I'll check it out

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Yeah it's included in the collections price but was a similar package cheaper before, I get tv xl, phone xl, broadband xxl, sky sports and movies, sky in hd, 2 tivos, spotify, £5 08 pack and Disney cinemagic not forgetting talk international for £92 is that good
Old 01-05-2012, 18:36   #11
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I got a free 1tb TiVo at launch with no install and later a free 500 gb TiVo free install. The £5 TiVo fee will be waived on VIP
If only i could get that lucky. lucky lucky lucky.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:09   #12
andrewstevenson

Depends on monthly spend easier to talk down the price. Retentions best bet