Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VOD service disruption

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting DVD-Recorder to Virgin Media TV to record

Old 28-03-2012, 16:03   #1
Kam13
Inactive

Kam13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting DVD-Recorder to Virgin Media TV to record

Hi, i am trying to connect my DVD Recorder to my V+ Box to record stuff that I order that are on channel 0, I want to record Wrestlemania on Sunday, I have a Samsung DVD-R130 and I have connected it to the V+ box through a scart lead but I don't know if this is correct or I don't know how to actually record, and there is also a scart lead connected from the DVD recorder to the tv, my V+ only uses a HD lead and no scart lead

Thanks

Ps, what does the USB do for the V+?
Kam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2012, 17:06   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Connecting DVD-Recorder to Virgin Media TV to record

VCR Scart connection on the V+ goes to the DVD recorder, then you need to select the Scart it is connected too (AV1 or AV2) on the DVD in order to record. However, you will not be able to record VOD or PPV content as it is copy protected. The only exception to this is Catch-up on BBC and ITV services.

The USB is powered, but serves no purpose. The only use for it is as a charger socket.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote