Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channels changing packages.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Channels changing packages.

Old 09-09-2016, 22:14   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Channels changing packages.

With many people reviewing their options following the TiVo problems/price rise/new bundles, I thought it would be useful to have a place to easily find the changes.

So far I have noticed that the Player (old M) package has gained Home and Quest +1.

The Mix TV (old M+) package has lost Animal Planet and gained Comedy Central and Comedy Central +1.

Any others that people are aware of?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2016, 08:43   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Channels changing packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The Mix TV (old M+)
M+ still exists. Mix is a brand new package.

Here's the official summary of the changes.
https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...v-changes.html
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 17:39   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks for that useful link SP.

It shows what's been added, but I'm also interested in what's been taken away.

AIUI M+ is only available to those that were already on it prior to the changeover- is that correct?

I'm going to downgrade, but someone has said that it will put me in a new contract, which defeats the object.

M+ does not have Home and Quest +1, which I'm not bothered about, but it does have Animal Planet which I would like to keep. Could retentions make an exception for me, as otherwise I'll drop down to M/Player.
Old 11-09-2016, 14:44   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks for that useful link SP.

It shows what's been added, but I'm also interested in what's been taken away.

AIUI M+ is only available to those that were already on it prior to the changeover- is that correct?

I'm going to downgrade, but someone has said that it will put me in a new contract, which defeats the object.

M+ does not have Home and Quest +1, which I'm not bothered about, but it does have Animal Planet which I would like to keep. Could retentions make an exception for me, as otherwise I'll drop down to M/Player.
M+ does have Home and Quest+1. I was fairly sure about former (it got added a long time ago I seem to recall) but I wasn't aware Quest+1 was, but it must have been added fairly recently.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 17:51   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Oh right! Sounds like the old M+ was better value then.
Old 12-09-2016, 20:25   #6
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Pointless thread
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 03:59   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Without further elaboration, it's your post that's pointless.
Old 15-09-2016, 09:10   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Let us just stick to the topic..
Old 15-09-2016, 13:00   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have also been considering changing my TV from the old XL, now Full House, down to Fun TV, the old L.

I have been going cross eyed trying to compare channels and in the end the following Broadband Choices lists helped me see exactly which channels I would lose. The only things missing are the + versions and the HD options neither of which really matter to me in the long run.

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/p...ia-tv/channels
Old 15-09-2016, 13:04   #10
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have also been considering changing my TV from the old XL, now Full House, down to Fun TV, the old L.

I have been going cross eyed trying to compare channels and in the end the following Broadband Choices lists helped me see exactly which channels I would lose. The only things missing are the + versions and the HD options neither of which really matter to me in the long run.

Have made that move and really missed .... nothing! Go for it.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 17:02   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

Thank you, that link was really useful

Luv your new pic btw, but there again I loved the old one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Have made that move and really missed .... nothing! Go for it.
Well, if I decide to stay with VM I will be doing the same to get the cost back down.
Old 16-09-2016, 13:54   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Love how they are promoting Moviemix and Movies4men as fantastic extra channels. They've been on Freeview for years. They are still missing excellent freeview channels like Talking Pictures.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 16:59   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Love how they are promoting Moviemix and Movies4men as fantastic extra channels. They've been on Freeview for years. They are still missing excellent freeview channels like Talking Pictures.
Exactly. People who pay nothing have had them for years.
Old 18-09-2016, 16:58   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Good for them...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:12   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

What a daft comment, those who pay a lot of money to VM should be getting channels that others receive on the free platforms.