Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Subscription costs?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Subscription costs?

Old 15-01-2013, 13:33   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV Subscription costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iateallthepies View Post
Or Virgin could always bid for Sports rights of their own and setup studios, Pay for commentators etc..
You willing to pay the extra monthly cost that would cause?
Old 15-01-2013, 13:52   #17
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
A stand alone channel I hope - If so why not - Not that I would
Old 15-01-2013, 14:44   #18
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
I have noticed recently that my costs seem to high for what I have which is XL TV and Sky Sports Collection and it is currently amounting to £60. I decided to look at Sky and they only charge £21 a month for Sky Sports (when you have any entertainment package), but VM charge £25.75.

What should I do?
You can't look at one aspect of a service in isolation. Yes, it doesn't seem right that Sky Sports cost more on VM, but you need to look at your total package requirements; TV (including premium channels), Phone and BB and compare the overall price of Sky and VM. For me to get identical services from Sky, would cost £16/month more.

And then you also have to factor in repair costs (or lack of with VM) and the extra functionality provided by each provider.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 16:12   #19
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You can't look at one aspect of a service in isolation. Yes, it doesn't seem right that Sky Sports cost more on VM, but you need to look at your total package requirements; TV (including premium channels), Phone and BB and compare the overall price of Sky and VM. For me to get identical services from Sky, would cost £16/month more.

And then you also have to factor in repair costs (or lack of with VM) and the extra functionality provided by each provider.
First of all , I am wondering. The cost that Sky sell to Sky customers for. Is that the price Virgin pays ? or do they get a discount ? If not then clearly there is a need to put a markup on. With a discount to them it seems a bit cheeky - There again if people are prepared to pay - I won`t say no, if I was them !!!!
Old 15-01-2013, 16:16   #20
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
First of all , I am wondering. The cost that Sky sell to Sky customers for. Is that the price Virgin pays ? or do they get a discount ? If not then clearly there is a need to put a markup on. With a discount to them it seems a bit cheeky - There again if people are prepared to pay - I won`t say no, if I was them !!!!
Considering the wholesale price for regulated Sky Sports 1 & 2 is £19.41 http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/ then I can't see Sky letting VM offer the extra 3 unregulated channels for only another £1.59
Old 15-01-2013, 16:21   #21
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Considering the wholesale price for regulated Sky Sports 1 & 2 is £19.41 http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/ then I can't see Sky letting VM offer the extra 3 channels for only another £1.59
That has the ring of truth about it. It gives I think a clear picture( no pun intended). Over to users to make a choice - without to many moans ( fat chance)
Old 15-01-2013, 16:54   #22
iateallthepies
Permanently Banned

iateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Doesn`t really affect me as I don`t have Virgin TV and don`t watch Sky Sports either
iateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 19:18   #23
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

I only have TV at the moment with VM as I already left them due to providing terrible Internet services. My concern is TV and the cost of it.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

I will be interested to see if Sky offer BT the other four Sky Sports channels (including SS News) and see how much they charge them. VM need to either pull away or do something about it. The different is a big one in my opinion and if they want to actually keep their customers; they are going have to do something about it.
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote