Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

Old 16-05-2011, 09:14   #136
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all
Re: PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

For goodness sake, can people really not talk about PS3 without promoting "that other" console!! It's so childish.

I am back on PSN, but the store is not working yet, but I guess that will be last.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2011, 09:26   #137
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Managed to sign in the this morning, so shall just wait for my free stuff now
Old 16-05-2011, 09:59   #138
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Do we know what the free stuff is yet?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:01   #139
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Nope, apparently have to wait for the Store to come back online first
Old 16-05-2011, 11:38   #140
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Ran the update last night, but it wouldn't then let me change my password - kept getting a random error
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 11:44   #141
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I had the same, it should now work
Old 16-05-2011, 11:47   #142
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I thinks it's just the shear number of users all doing the same, read this snip-it from the EU PSN Blog

Posted: 15 May 2011 04:07 PM PDT

Some of you have mentioned that you have not received your password reset emails. With the huge number of people coming back online at the same time and resetting their passwords, it is creating significant email traffic to ISPs. The consequence is that some of the ISPs are throttling the emails.

We are currently trying to resolve this, but in the meantime please be patient and refrain from submitting multiple requests. You will receive you reset email and be able to get back to enjoying your online gaming.

Update:
We’re currently experiencing an extremely heavy load of password resets, so we recently had to turn off services for approximately 30 minutes to clear the queue.

If you’ve requested your password reset, please give it a bit of time to reach your email.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 11:51   #143
Tod
Inactive

Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

I think it's a beautiful moment seeing all those delighted little Sackboys and Sackgirls back online playing happily together!
Old 16-05-2011, 12:07   #144
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
For goodness sake, can people really not talk about PS3 without promoting "that other" console!! It's so childish.

I am back on PSN, but the store is not working yet, but I guess that will be last.
Who was promoting??

I was just giving my opinion, which I am perfectly entitled to do. I just stated I haven't been too bothered as I didn't use the PSN much anyway.

Also the store will be activated later. As mentioned in the blog its a staggered restart. Gaming would be activated first and the store last.
Old 16-05-2011, 18:43   #145
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Ran the update last night, but it wouldn't then let me change my password - kept getting a random error
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I had the same, it should now work
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I thinks it's just the shear number of users all doing the same, read this snip-it from the EU PSN Blog
Panic over - tried it when I got home, and password is reset (although I've already forgotten what it is...)
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 18:58   #146
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm waiting for it to crash with the 77,000,000 or so users.
Old 16-05-2011, 19:25   #147
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

it went down last night because they had to turn it off to alleviate the amount of people changing there password at once

ps3 is my preferred choice, sounds quality it better, and it outputs true surround, whereas the xbox does its own thing and sounds like 2.1. the ps3 has a far better design and the controller is the main thing that wins me over

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Do we know what the free stuff is yet?
i wanted to know that, i though everyone was getting a months free trial of plus, it would now seem that we are just going to get 4 free downloads :S
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 20:14   #148
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I just hope the free stuff isn't just a few crap games like Haze...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:50   #149
Tod
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post

i wanted to know that, i though everyone was getting a months free trial of plus, it would now seem that we are just going to get 4 free downloads :S
You will get 2 free PS3 games, out of a choice of 5 titles, and/or 2 free PSP titles from a choice of 4 games (so 4 if you have both I guess)

You will also get a free month on PS+ (or 2 months if you are already a PS+ user)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I just hope the free stuff isn't just a few crap games like Haze...
This was apparently posted on the UK blog which has since been taken down (so treat as a rumour - although looks viable!):

Quote:
First up you can choose two of the following PS3 titles:

LittleBigPlanet
Infamous
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

And PSP owners can choose two of the following:

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post
ps3 is my preferred choice, sounds quality it better, and it outputs true surround, whereas the xbox does its own thing and sounds like 2.1. the ps3 has a far better design and the controller is the main thing that wins me over
Yes all very true. The PS3 is the system of choice for adults not kiddies. It is a serious piece of kit with premium hardware like the blu-ray disc player - not just for games. How anyone could be serious about giving up the PS3 when PSN was offline I don't know - you don't buy a PS3 JUST for games (even though it has the best titles!)
Old 16-05-2011, 22:17   #150
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Yes all very true. The PS3 is the system of choice for adults not kiddies. It is a serious piece of kit with premium hardware like the blu-ray disc player - not just for games. How anyone could be serious about giving up the PS3 when PSN was offline I don't know - you don't buy a PS3 JUST for games (even though it has the best titles!)
I'm sorry but you berate me for mentioning the xbox in the thread then you go and do exactly the same thing but it a totally fanboyish way.

Most of the people I know over the age of 28 own an xbox as they prefer the online gaming aspect. There is nothing kiddie about them.

Quiet of a few of them also own the ps3 and like me use it mostly for Blu Ray movies as the 360 provides a better gaming experience for them. Also a better choice of games of late as the PS3 exclusives have been few and far between.

Still not powered up my PS3 to update the system yet. Had it on yesterday to watch a 3d blu ray but that was all.