Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 06-01-2011, 19:13   #2026
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Dilli is going home - yaaaaaaay
Nice one good to hear they are letting you out.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2011, 20:02   #2027
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Ask your lass to give you a bed bath [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] - whether you need one or not.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 20:56   #2028
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Ask your lass to give you a bed bath - whether you need one or not.....
A nice soapy one would be best.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:37   #2029
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Nice one good to hear they are letting you out.
Is this a Lib-Con combination of 'early release' and 'care in the community' then?

Just to comment on a couple of other recent posts - good luck to TheDaddy and Superbiatch and well done Tinky on your anniversary. I feel confident in saying that Mr Tinky is indeed a very lucky guy...

Anyway my happy thought for today relates to our eldest. I popped in on his karate class this evening and he was there taking a group of about a dozen juniors through their paces like a complete pro - totally unfazed by any of it! If anyone has a natural ability to teach it's him and we're really hoping he can turn his love of karate and wonderful way with people into a career in one way or another for the future.

He'd probably kill my with a single blow if he knew I'd posted this but just before Xmas he came home from classes with a card and a present from one of the young lads he teaches. I watched as he read the card and the sight of tears in his eyes really touched me. When I was his age I'd probably have opened the present and chucked the card but he's so different (thankfully) I can now see what a remarkable young man he's becoming and what a gift for people he has. If only I had a faction of his patience......

I really should pop in here more often, it always cheers me up!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:38   #2030
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You must be so proud of your lad - but remember who his role model is....
Old 06-01-2011, 21:43   #2031
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You must be so proud of your lad - but remember who his role model is....
A certain Mr Miyagi I believe......
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 22:02   #2032
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Wax on, wax off.....
Old 06-01-2011, 22:16   #2033
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Is this a Lib-Con combination of 'early release' and 'care in the community' then?

Just to comment on a couple of other recent posts - good luck to TheDaddy and Superbiatch and well done Tinky on your anniversary. I feel confident in saying that Mr Tinky is indeed a very lucky guy...

Anyway my happy thought for today relates to our eldest. I popped in on his karate class this evening and he was there taking a group of about a dozen juniors through their paces like a complete pro - totally unfazed by any of it! If anyone has a natural ability to teach it's him and we're really hoping he can turn his love of karate and wonderful way with people into a career in one way or another for the future.

He'd probably kill my with a single blow if he knew I'd posted this but just before Xmas he came home from classes with a card and a present from one of the young lads he teaches. I watched as he read the card and the sight of tears in his eyes really touched me. When I was his age I'd probably have opened the present and chucked the card but he's so different (thankfully) I can now see what a remarkable young man he's becoming and what a gift for people he has. If only I had a faction of his patience......

Osem you should be so proud as he has like Hugh said a very good role model so give yourself a pat on the back and stand tall.
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 22:20   #2034
thebestie4lifexx
Permanently Banned

Services: vm 10mb bb, sky+, idk abt fone
thebestie4lifexx is an unknown quantity at this point

great news dilllii x
thebestie4lifexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30   #2035
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

When I was his age I'd probably have opened the present and chucked the card but he's so different (thankfully) I can now see what a remarkable young man he's becoming and what a gift for people he has. If only I had a faction of his patience......

Proud Dad Osem and rightly so, all credit to you for the upbringing that has molded him into the special son he is.

Many thanks for the Anniversary wishes.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57   #2036
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Proud Dad Osem and rightly so, all credit to you for the upbringing that has molded him into the special son he is.

Many thanks for the Anniversary wishes.
Did I miss that? - Sorry, hope you had a good one
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06   #2037
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
....and after all the time you spent teaching them how to make a decent cup of tea. Take care dilli and I look forward to seeing a photo of your cast when Peter has had a chance to decorate it.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13   #2038
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
....and after all the time you spent teaching them how to make a decent cup of tea. Take care dilli and I look forward to seeing a photo of your cast when Peter has had a chance to decorate it.
Yup - and I got marmite out of them too

They tell me I am going to be getting a new cast once a week for seven weeks at least.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:20   #2039
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Yup - and I got marmite out of them too

They tell me I am going to be getting a new cast once a week for seven weeks at least.
Maybe you could get Peter to do a new theme each week and consider mounting the old casts as art work. I think that a Dr Who Tardis one could be quite an eye catching addition to your collection of memorabilia.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:27   #2040
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

A TARDIS cast - now see that's a cool idea