Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | power levels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

My Virgin Media News

Old 21-01-2013, 00:39   #1
H0ND0
Inactive

Services: 100meg cable Phone Restir Free TV
H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough
My Virgin Media News

Without going into a massive amount of detail, since September I've had a extremely poor service from Virgin-meda so anyone considering an ISP change please be warned...

1 Frequent periods of no Internet, when I contact support I'm told I have a signal to noise problem which will be cured in 4 days during which time I've got either no or a very intermittent connection it's got so bad now I've almost lost the will to try to access the net.

After the fix time has been reached, I get a phone call saying We've fixed it, within an hour or less I find out that they haven't, another call takes me back to where I was in the beginning See 1 above.

So its up to you.

The problem for me is I've still got until next October before my contract end
H0ND0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2013, 09:00   #2
Mr Banana

Re: My Virgin Media News

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0ND0 View Post
Without going into a massive amount of detail, since September I've had a extremely poor service from Virgin-meda so anyone considering an ISP change please be warned...

1 Frequent periods of no Internet, when I contact support I'm told I have a signal to noise problem which will be cured in 4 days during which time I've got either no or a very intermittent connection it's got so bad now I've almost lost the will to try to access the net.

After the fix time has been reached, I get a phone call saying We've fixed it, within an hour or less I find out that they haven't, another call takes me back to where I was in the beginning See 1 above.

So its up to you.

The problem for me is I've still got until next October before my contract end
I would ask them to send a Tech out - they can't fix signal to noise over the phone?
Old 21-01-2013, 09:14   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If your service is constantly interrupted, and has not been fixed since September, I would contact CS to let them know you believe they are in breach of contract, and unless it is fixed soon, you wish to be released from your contract without penalty as the service supplied is not fit for purpose.

I would recommend keeping a log of when the service is unavailable, and of any calls you make to VM.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 10:19   #4
H0ND0
Inactive

H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough

To me, amazingly I do have access ATM but don't have confidence it's going to last all day long.

Top banana I had an engineer visit a week gone last Friday, he replaced the S/H checked all the interior wiring etc, and declared all inside the house to be in good condition.

Hugh, yep I agree and am on that pathway now.

Thanks guys for the replies.
Old 22-01-2013, 14:22   #5
H0ND0
Inactive

For unresolved & persistent issues forget 150

From what I can see the best number to ring to sort out persistent issues is
01256 752000. & ask for complaints..

Don't let them throw you with "We can't see any recorded complaints that you've made" I'm guessing if you're dialing the above # you're about to make one.
It seems to have worked for me, so far.