Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 05-08-2014, 18:30   #2371
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: The iPhone thread

Quote:
Apple to Hold iPhone Event on Sept. 9

http://recode.net/2014/08/05/codered...ent-on-sept-9/
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2014, 19:28   #2372
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Took a plunge yesterday and bought a 4s for the hell of it. Right off the bat I found the OS incredibly restrictive so naturally it's jailbroken already. I own an S3, s4 and s5 now all with different Roms etc and I'm finding the iphone incredibly slow and sometimes just none responsive. I've cleared open apps using the home button and still nada, am I missing something here? Battery seems to charge fast but also discharges at an alarming rate. Sound is on and off and sometimes only plays audio when on charge, the docking issue maybe? Seen it via google.

Need some tips before I regret this and end up flogging it for pennies on Facebook.
Old 12-08-2014, 19:33   #2373
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I think it's probably that particular phone - I went from the 4s to the S3 and found the reverse was true, sluggish performance before and after rooting it. So much so that I'll never, ever return to a Samsung. Happy with my 5 now.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 20:12   #2374
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Took a plunge yesterday and bought a 4s for the hell of it. Right off the bat I found the OS incredibly restrictive so naturally it's jailbroken already. I own an S3, s4 and s5 now all with different Roms etc and I'm finding the iphone incredibly slow and sometimes just none responsive. I've cleared open apps using the home button and still nada, am I missing something here? Battery seems to charge fast but also discharges at an alarming rate. Sound is on and off and sometimes only plays audio when on charge, the docking issue maybe? Seen it via google.

Need some tips before I regret this and end up flogging it for pennies on Facebook.
Isn't second hand is it?

I had my 4s around 4 years plus an it never had an issue never hung or anything never slow.. Remember 4s is old now.. Comparing it to the newer galaxy's is a bit silly.. Remember there's a 5, 5c and 5s.

I've now got the iPhone 5s an I'm glad I upgraded, never thought I'd notice it, but the speed is faster some how.. Battery lasts over a day an I'm on it most of the day..
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 20:22   #2375
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Aye it was from cex. Was just to faf around with. Guessing the phone is a dud now given the audio issue appears to be the docking problem. The phone lag I have no idea about unless there's a second way to clear apps I'm missing. Was comparing it to my S3 tbf but that discharges just as quick with a 4k anker battery. Charged to 100% at 18:30ish and now at 42% after posting here and idling in that time.

Edit: it skipped 41% and just rolled down to 40.
Old 12-08-2014, 20:40   #2376
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Aye it was from cex. Was just to faf around with. Guessing the phone is a dud now given the audio issue appears to be the docking problem. The phone lag I have no idea about unless there's a second way to clear apps I'm missing. Was comparing it to my S3 tbf but that discharges just as quick with a 4k anker battery. Charged to 100% at 18:30ish and now at 42% after posting here and idling in that time.

Edit: it skipped 41% and just rolled down to 40.
You should never have to close apps.. iOS isn't like android at all.

If I was you I'd return it an ask for another.. It shouldn't be playing up.
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 20:49   #2377
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Return it is then. Battery has drained to 30% now, can't be natural.
Old 13-08-2014, 13:35   #2378
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Isn't second hand is it?

I had my 4s around 4 years plus an it never had an issue never hung or anything never slow.. Remember 4s is old now.. Comparing it to the newer galaxy's is a bit silly.. Remember there's a 5, 5c and 5s.
The 4S is old, but not "4 years plus" old - it came out in October 2011.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 23:46   #2379
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Nearly forgot I still had it today. Definitely going back, just lags and won't play audio unless you replying the jack or charger multiple times. Yet when I go onto ring tone.
Old 14-08-2014, 18:42   #2380
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:

what? the 4S only came out Q4 of 2011. how did you get that?
Old 18-08-2014, 03:01   #2381
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
You should never have to close apps.. iOS isn't like android at all.
Not sure what this has to do with iOS vs. Android at all, but since the rest of your posts have been pointed out as BS by others I'll just assume it's more of the same...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 08:22   #2382
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

So, thoughts on iOS 8?

Doesn't seem to be massive visual or functional changes which is what I prefer. You can see the influences from whatsapp in Messages which isn't bad I suppose. The word suggestions have been influenced by Android but I'm having a bit of trouble enjoying that, it might grow on me though. Find My Phone will now send you one last message before the phone battery dies which is good and the health app seems pretty useful as long as you have decent apps to work alongside it. The option to have your health info and emergency contact on your lock screen is a good idea.

I panicked when it looked like my photostream had vanished but that's now in 'Collections' and the camera has had a timer and slow-shutter feature added (never had a need for the former, the latter might be good). Music playlists have been a bit more streamlined too.

Doesn't seem to be as big a jump visually as 6 was to 7 but pretty good all the same.

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

edit: And now you can active 4G even if you're using a network that doesn't offer it yet *cough* Virgin *cough*. Previously the option to use 4G was only available if that network supported it. Not a huge feature though....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 10:35   #2383
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

How useful is slow shutter on a phone? Decent long exposure shots are almost impossible to achieve without a tripod.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 15:24   #2384
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
How useful is slow shutter on a phone? Decent long exposure shots are almost impossible to achieve without a tripod.

linky

Other types are avalable. They think of everything.
Old 18-09-2014, 16:20   #2385
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You live and learn!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote