Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 22-01-2014, 22:20   #196
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
One thing I have noticed is that th OP is in Scotland, and the law there could be very different.

As my sister found out when my brother in law faced moving there, my sister's legal qualifications weren't valid there.
You are quite my property is registered with The Land Register (SCOTLAND) and VM legal department seems to be really confused so much so VM phoned me and was on google maps and I had to talk them through some of the conditions of the deeds example the houses to the left and right hand side windows need to be rosewood and plain glass and the houses facing you need to be white windows and the glass needs to look like georgion style, also no fence and if a hedge is grown it has to be no more than a metre in height, 3 feet away from the road edge as there is no footpath and planted with gaps and planted 10 feet away of house TBH I think they are thinking Holy you know what... as they do not seem to have a clue about Scottish Law or Scottish title deeds, and I know this is really bad of me but when I came off the phone I was PEEING MYSELF LAUGHING as I thought serves you right you IDIOTS ... for laying your cable on my property... Where I live there are a lot of conditions in the title deeds to which they are now finding out for themselves and seem to have not got a clue but I will give them one hire a Scottish Lawyer or one that understands The Land Register (SCOTLAND) My brother in Law lives in Grimsby and he said that English Law is different to Scottish.. even my Lawyer found the deeds quite intense when we bought the house...we are not even allowed to have a Sky dish on the front of our property and if a dish does go on a house it is not allowed to be seen from the front of the house so not even allowed to be put on to the roof, I must admit it is a pain to have so many conditions but they seem to be confusing the Chief Executive department at VM and their Legal team so I suppose that is a slight bonus for me, as they are having a trying to understand them they even asked why no company vans or caravans were allowed to park over night on the estate and I took great pleasure in saying ask a lawyer as I do not know why the deeds state that...
Old 22-01-2014, 22:24   #197
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Please do not use asterisks to avoid the site swear filter - this is against Site T&Cs.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 22:26   #198
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sorry, Hugh I have changed it, got a bit carried away...
Old 23-01-2014, 10:25   #199
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Just found out today at 09:35 I have a legal right to remove anything from my own land that was installed without my permission, but it must be done with no damage to cable as VM own that, so unfortunately for me I can't remove it without risking damage therefore could be liable for damage talking about been given good news then it be took away in the same sentence, I came off the phone thinking , but the good news is that it looking like my Lawyer has them on something quite big that I could get them on, not saying too much as to what it is but it is HUGE and the reason I am not saying anything at the moment is do not want to give VM heads up as to what is coming to them because someone who works for VM could read this and I do not to spoil my surprise for them ...what I will say is anything that VM has laid on my property what they are supposed to do is ask for my permission and be granted a way leave as I have said before only the owner of the property can grant that... Got you VM and let's just say according to the deeds on 4 things so far.... Oh what a nightmare for both of us I say but I will keep fighting for my rights as a home owner until my last breath that is a promise VM and certainly not intended as a threat and is nothing against yourself as a company, it is merely us protecting our investment ... and our children's inheritance ...
Old 23-01-2014, 10:29   #200
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just found out today at 09:35 I have a legal right to remove anything from my own land that was installed without my permission, but it must be done with no damage to cable as VM own that, so unfortunately for me I can't remove it without risking damage therefore could be liable for damage talking about been given good news then it be took away in the same sentence, I came off the phone thinking , but the good news is that it looking like my Lawyer has them on something quite big that I could get them on, not saying too much as to what it is but it is HUGE and the reason I am not saying anything at the moment is do not want to give VM heads up as to what is coming to them because someone who works for VM could read this and I do not to spoil my surprise for them ...what I will say is anything that VM has laid on my property what they are supposed to do is ask for my permission and be granted a way leave as I have said before only the owner of the property can grant that... Got you VM and let's just say according to the deeds on 4 things so far....

well wait till the guy is out or in bed dig the cable up and disconnect it from his box(outside his house) then leave it curled up and tell vm it has been removed

You have returned the trespass in kind done no damage and removed the cable.

You still have the option of not telling a gardener

note to anyone in the future just shove a spade through it "accidentally" and save yourself all the hassle
Old 23-01-2014, 10:47   #201
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Could not agree more with the hassle bit
Could not agree more it has been a load of hassle for us but personally it is looking extremely good for us now as the Lawyer has found out stuff I would never have known about as I would not have known where to look in the title deeds. We can take the neighbour to a small claims court now still don't know if we will do that as we just want the cable removed...and do we really want the hassle of a small claims court...I know many people would have put a spade through it as this is the view from many of our friends but my eldest son is at uni studying social science and criminal justice as he wants to be a police man and I do not to jeopardize his chosen career... by getting a conviction... not that I would risk one anyway I am quite happy to have lived 44 years without one, the only one time I had reason dealing with the police and that was for one speeding ticket 23 years ago ...
Old 23-01-2014, 16:55   #202
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Charge VM rent.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 18:09   #203
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
Charge VM rent.
I know I could if they leave it longer than my Lawyer has gave them to remove it, but have to give them the chance to resolve the matter "RECTIFY THE PROBLEM" fingers crossed it won't be long ...
Old 24-01-2014, 10:15   #204
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
If techs use a shovel to dig a line in the grass, how exactly are they supposed to get it deeper than a shovels depth? Ive never burried a cable but I have pulled them up to gel pack a split then reburried it in the same trench.
If cables are supposed to be buried more than a spade depth, installers should be provided with an appropriate machine to do the job.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 10:43   #205
tizmeinnit

funny I have dug holes with spades much deeper than a spades depth. If engineers can not suss out how to dig trench then we are in trouble in this country

Simple guideline as to how to do it. Bring a small tarp about 2m square will do( dependant on distance) and lay it next to where you are going to dig. Cut a line few inches into the ground the length of where there cable will lie. Cut another line 4 to 6 inches parallel to the first line. Carefully remove the turf you should be able to do this in just a few pieces so it looks better when replaced. Lay carefully on the tarp. Then you dig your trench in the soil as deep as you want and lay a mound on the tarp. Lay your cable. Replace the soil disposing of a little so the turf when you lay it is flat and even relay the turf. Simple neat tidy and deep enough and its not rocket science. Instead of this we get idiots dig and turn the turf so its a mess and the end result is also a mess.

jb66 your post I hope was ironic
Old 24-01-2014, 11:43   #206
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls9 View Post
If cables are supposed to be buried more than a spade depth, installers should be provided with an appropriate machine to do the job.
I don't think they are supposed to be more than a spades depth, I'm yet to see one
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 12:06   #207
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You want to try that round here: After the first stony 6" you're into a matrix of interlocking flints and chalky clay. Spades just bounce off and forks shed tines like they're going out of fashion.

Gas people took 4 hours with kango hammers and picks to get down to their mole outside my front door when they were replacing the pipes.
pick axe and sweat then still can and should be done to guidelines
Old 24-01-2014, 12:18   #208
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Agreed, but can you see a VM installer breaking sweat?
no lol I did actually shove my spade accidentally through my cable after they buried it 3 inches luckily it only broke the outer shell and not the cable itself
Old 24-01-2014, 13:18   #209
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I've never seen the deeper than a spades depth guidelines?

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Agreed, but can you see a VM installer breaking sweat?
They are paid by the job, no chance
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 14:42   #210
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I think they VM broke into a sweat when they received my Lawyers letter,Title deeds and boundary survey as like I have said they seem really confused by the deeds and the conditions that has been applied to the property and land as it is under Scotland Land Register therefore under Scottish Law but like I say not my problem I never broke them ... Waiting game for me now ... it is now totally in the hands of the legal team my Lawyer and theirs ....