Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2011, 13:28   #5041
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
free box activation for new and existing customers, saving them £49.95
It says TiVo activation fee will be free
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2011, 13:30   #5042
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
It says TiVo activation fee will be free
That is press release. With a single line about it. It is not the full story about the new pricing struture, which will be available for everyone to see on Thursday
Old 27-09-2011, 13:35   #5043
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

If it is only £ 40 from october. I will wait and might get Tivo next month
Old 27-09-2011, 13:38   #5044
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Thursday
Old 27-09-2011, 13:39   #5045
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Sorry. I think there could be some good offers on thursday
Old 27-09-2011, 14:54   #5046
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

Free box just paid £49.99 for mine (1 month ago)
Old 27-09-2011, 15:01   #5047
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Free activation does not mean a free box
Old 27-09-2011, 15:13   #5048
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

Just paid £49.99 activation and £99.99 activation (1 month ago)
Old 27-09-2011, 15:15   #5049
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

My father is finding his V+ is filling up a little to easy now and is considering TIVO , is he best to see what Thursday brings Ben ? He's on a VM friends and family deal can he still take TIVO ?
Old 27-09-2011, 15:23   #5050
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

It think it will free activation but the installation will be £ 40. So i think in total you will pay £ 40 for the 500GB tivo £ 9.95 less than it is currently.
Quote:
The new TV and digital activity will continue the successful creative fronted by Marc Warren, star of Hustle and Mad Dogs, with direct response channels highlighting extra savings by offering free box activation for new and existing customers, saving them £49.95.
i think the 1TB tivo activation fee might be £49.95 less than it currently so might it be £40 and then £ 40 installation.
http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...ckle-21b0.aspx
So i think in total you might pay £ 80 for the 1TB tivo £ 9.95 less than it is currently.
Old 27-09-2011, 15:25   #5051
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

I'm thinking of getting a second TIVO box to replace my V+ HD box, if I ever get my £50 back from VM. Either the 500gb or 1tb.

But might wait to see what happens with the new Samsubng boxes first and also the cross connection between the TIVO boxes.
Old 27-09-2011, 20:35   #5052
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Could this be happen on thursday. If it did i would certainly get tivo ?
Quote:
Emma: How does that sound?
You: according to your website, I also have to pay £7 for HD?
Emma: No, if you take TiVo then the Sky Premium HD pack is free for you.
Emma: You don't need to pay additional £7 a month with TiVo.
Emma: Let's carry on with your order; I'll be here to help if you have any questions.
You: So by taking Tivo and Sky Sports Pack, I'd get Sky Sports in HD...yes?
Emma: Yes, you will be able to watch Sky sports channels in HD.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...93&postcount=9
Old 27-09-2011, 20:37   #5053
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Could this be happen on thursday. If it did i would certainly get tivo ?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...93&postcount=9
Well lets see.
Old 27-09-2011, 20:54   #5054
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Just done the same on the virgin media website
Quote:
Emma: Hi, welcome to Virgin Media. Is there anything I can do to help you with your order? Just type your question below ...
Emma: Please let me know how I can be of assistance.
You: Do you need to pay £7pm for Sky Premium in HD if you get a tivo box ?
Emma: I would be glad to assist you with the question regarding HD.
Emma: Do you currently have any active Virgin Media services?
You: yes
Emma: No, you do not need to pay £7.00 Sky Premium in HD if you get a TiVo box.
You: are you sure
Emma: Our TiVo box is HD and 3D ready, it will have 1TB and 500 GB of storage, access to films, TV programmes , music and it will be internet ready bringing apps to your TV.
You: so you do not need to pay £7.00 Sky Premium in HD if you get a TiVo box.Yes ?
Emma: Yes, that is correct.
Got the same response.
Old 27-09-2011, 20:59   #5055
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You were chatting to a bot.....

But tbf, it is more likely to pass the Turing Test....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread