Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | End of contract advice ...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

End of contract advice ...

Old 28-11-2012, 22:01   #1
karmakitten
Inactive

karmakitten is an unknown quantity at this point
End of contract advice ...

Hi all. I am not very savvy when it comes to mobiles and contracts so would be grateful for some help please

My Virgin Mobile contract ends at the end of December. I've already decided I don't want to stay with VM. Do I have to give 30 days notice to cancel, and if so during that 30 day period can I obtain my PAC and go to another network?Or do I have to wait until the 30 days is up before I can switch.

Is there any additional charge for ending the contract or just that months payment?

Sorry if my questions are obvious, but I couldn't find the answers anywhere else, and want to know what I'm entitled to do before I phone VM.

Many thanks in anticipation !
karmakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2012, 23:54   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: End of contract advice ...

You have to give VM 30 days notice, even if you come to the end of your contract. So call them up now and cancel for the end of December.

As far as I know mobile providers will not give out a PAC until the contract is ended or the rest of the contract paid off. If you gave them notice today and paid off that last month too, you should get your PAC code within a day or so.

If you are switching to another provider and going for a new phone and contract, you would sign up to them and provide the PAC code later. It will take the new provider a few days at most to port your number across.

Hopefully someone else can verify what I have said for you, as I can't be 100% sure. In the same boat as you only a month or so ago, so can only go by how it worked for me. Reception had got bad for me on VM so they let me cancel the last 2 months (should have ended 22nd December) without paying them off and did it straight away. Got the PAC code in 10 minutes but when I brought a new phone/contract online, there was nowhere to put the PAC code. The phone got sent out with a new number but I entered the PAC into the three website and my old number came across.

Better reception on Three for me and the Galaxy S3 was free too. Worked out much better than Virgin for price and minutes too.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 17:11   #3
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They have to give out a PAC within 72 (or is it now 24) hours of you requesting it. Your PAC code will be valid for 30 days, and you can move at any time within that period, but will still be billed until the end of December (or your 30 days notice, whichever comes first).

There is no charge for ending a contract.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 21:20   #4
karmakitten
Inactive

Thanks guys, much appreciated x
Old 03-12-2012, 19:38   #5
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

now you will need to gird your loins against the messages you will undoubted see coming your way !
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29   #6
karmakitten
Inactive

... very true fatmat!!

Just thought I would update on how easy this turned out to be for anyone else who isn't great with phones and contracts and things!

I spoke to VM on the Friday, gave 30 days notice and they confirmed my contract would end at end of December. They gave me my PAC over the phone at the same time. Ordered my new phone the same day, which arrived on Tuesday and my number was ported across on Wednesday. Much easier process then I thought and VM were really helpful and efficient ... which just makes me wonder why they hadn't been like that all the time!!!??

Thanks again all x
Old 11-12-2012, 18:22   #7
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

I had exactly the same experience. Even though I was cancelling my VM mobile the whole experience was easy and no stress, with the VM mobile team I spoke to very friendly and helpful.

Such a change from the usual customer service I had from VM that I actually posted in these forums about the experience
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 04:12   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That's cause Virgin Mobile's customer services are Richard Branson's fault.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote