Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league
Yes 21 31.82%
No 39 59.09%
Unsure 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 23:42   #91
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?

'simple minded' is being kind about your views.

I am Catholic (lapsed, but that's probably irrelevant to you), but served (not so called) in the Forces (including spells in Norn Iron in operations against the PIRA et al - that doesn't fit in your simple world view, does it?) - funny how you conflate some moronic Celtic supporters who support the Republican movement with all Celtic supporters, but don't do the same with Rangers supporters who supported the UVA.

Try thinking, rather than just vomiting prejudice - we fought against idiots who thought the same way as you, just in the opposite direction.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46   #92
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hugh, Being that my wife's family are hard Celtic fans who hate Rangers guts, and myself having been to a an Old Firm Derby, and can you can fill the hatred in the voices of rival supporters.

I have been a football fan all my life and have been to some hard matches over the years, l can honestly say that the old firm games are the hardest, and l will never go to another derby like it.

I remember when l went to the London Cup at Wembley and with Celtic playing Tottenham, and the sick singing against Londoners. And yet Celtic supporters, and the club won't do anything to stop any problems.

Do l want Celtic and Rangers in the English League - definitely NOT.

This problem between these two clubs has been going on for years, and it won't stop.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 13:00   #93
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

This is all moot...not a hope that rangers or celtic will be allowed to join any other league....I see the Scottish leagues as being feeder clubs for maybe championship sides at best..and in a few years (once we lost the Champions League coefficient) probably not even that.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 23:46   #94
shaunthebrummie
Inactive

shaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathers

Arhturgray5o@blu...well said.not only are celtic paranoid,they're hypocrites and liars.the green brigade,who sing the songs of love and admiration of the provos,is sanctioned and supported by the celtic board.they're always saying "its the minority",or "we'll root them out and ban them",what happens..nothing wait for it to die down and carry on as normal.but now rangers are in the ****,they can see themselves in the future,in the same position.and they want out.only problem for them is england doesn't want the ****.and if i was a rangers fan i would vote for independence just to put the final nail in the coffin of celtics asspirations of joining english football.celtic really have no idea how hated they are down here,and watching them in european football and failing at the first hurdle gives me no end of pleasure..why dont they give up football and take up the scottish national sport.....TOSSING....LMAO.....ENGLAND FOREVER BRITAIN NEVER....
shaunthebrummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 23:50   #95
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Oh my oh my, someone has issues
Old 14-05-2012, 08:38   #96
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Seriously, you have issues!!

Celtic are not hated in England at all. Just a few small minded people that have issues.
Old 14-05-2012, 10:13   #97
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Absolutely spot on Stephen as as l know many people who support Celtic and have never had any issues at all.
Old 14-05-2012, 11:46   #98
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Stephen and Denphone, My only issue with Celtic and Rangers is the hatred towards each other.

I know for a fact within my wife's family, there is a hatred towards Rangers, you cannot talk about them, I was speaking with them just yesterday that Celtic have won the title by default, with Rangers being deducted the points gave the title to Celtic straight away. But they were having none of it, when the Queen is playing, they won't stand up for it and also turn there back on the monarchy.

When they came down to London for the London Cup at Wembley, l felt insulted by there singing directed at Londoners.

The major problem is that the Scottish football association have to say that Celtic and Rangers must put to rest this hatred towards each other, but they won't, this hatred has been going on for years and won't stop.

I once bought a Rangers shirt as a joke, some years ago, thinking that they would throw it away, but they didn't, they set fire to it.

They won't even walk down the same street as a Rangers fan and spit in there path.

I am a big fan of Scottish football, but this problem, has to be sorted out, l went onto Youtube and put in both clubs, and my god what a disgrace, BUT both clubs won't sort it out. For them to join the English Premier League you are asking for major troubles.

Problems that we have had over the past between London clubs has far gone, but this will all be brought back again if the old firm came to London.
Old 14-05-2012, 12:33   #99
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Celtic worked hard this season and would have won it even if Rangers hadn't been deducted points. That is a fact.

I know exactly what you mean. I stay in Dennistoun just next to Parkhead and near by there are a lot of Rangers themed pubs around, two of the most well known are the Louden and the Bristol Bar. Most are on Duke Street.

Frequently in Glasgow city centre I have been shouted at or spat at by 'Rangers' fans or wee kids on buses.

While I don't like Rangers its very horrible to see this behaviour or even be on the receiving end of it. It has gone one for over 100 yrs now and as much as the SFA try to stop it or put in measures to try and prevent it, it will always happen.

Dare I say it there are similar rivalries in England where by fans behave in a similar fashion. From when I used to live in Kent the worst I ever saw was going to a Gillingham Vs Fulham game when they both played in the same divison. There were coins, apple cores and allsorts being flung by the Fulham fans and after the game near to where me and my dad were leaving the ground, someone was stabbed.

Its just something that happens when fans get so passionate about their team and are also brought up with certain beliefs or information passed on that they mustn't like the other team or even fans of that team. Most pubs and shopping centres around Glasgow do not allow team colours to be worn, especially on match days.

Just yesterday there were the dreaded sounds of a marching flute band as the Orange order started their summer of pointless marching through various parts of Glasgow and the surrounding areas. Promting more hatred and annoyance as drunken neds in Rangers tops join in.
Old 14-05-2012, 15:00   #100
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
when the Queen is playing, they won't stand up for it and also turn there back on the monarchy.
The Queen plays for Rangers? No wonder Celtic fan's don't like her.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 22:09   #101
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
The Queen plays for Rangers? No wonder Celtic fan's don't like her.
She's been used sparingly this year. Mostly as a sub.

That's why Rangers (IA) are quite justified in not paying Her Majesty taxes.

Like all big clubs there are quite a few numpty Celtic supporters around but it is definitely a minority. Celtic are often the first choice for players of English teams when testimonials come around. They know there's bound to be a large travelling support and attractive football to help generate an atmoshphere.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 22:28   #102
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

@shaunthebrummie, sorry,hadtoscrolluptocheckthatigotyournameright. Pause, whilst I inhale. Feel better now
Old 16-05-2012, 11:19   #103
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Stephen, l know exactly what you are saying, But the fact that you are saying that Celtic have worked hard this season, they are not the team they used to be, you have an aggressive manager in Lennon, But without the points deducted by Rangers, then it would have been the same scenario Rangers or Celtic.

IF, Celtic and Rangers left the SFA, you would not have football in Scotland, and that is not in a disrespect way. Many clubs would go under.

I firmly believe that the SFA MUST do something about the hatred between the two clubs, even today families in Scotland are divided.

In regards to the Orange march etc, l was in Glasgow one day when they were marching through the City, this is all part of the freedom that we have in the United Kingdom. But providing it doesn't cause trouble, then so be it, BUT, this is what causes problems arising from the years of troubles between the religious barrier that there is. And this goes from the parents, grand parents etc and this won't stop.

I would like to see someone brave enough to make a stand against this problem.
Old 16-05-2012, 11:39   #104
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Arthur, Celtic are 20 points ahead - Rangers were deducted 10 points.

Just sayin'.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 11:48   #105
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Arthur, as Hugh just mentioned, take off the 10 points Rangers were deducted and Celtic were still clearly ahead by 10 points. o celtic would still have won anyway. Just sayin.