Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | N1 Vision slow wireless connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

N1 Vision slow wireless connection

Old 20-07-2009, 11:51   #1
varkanoid
Inactive

varkanoid is an unknown quantity at this point
N1 Vision slow wireless connection

Hi

has anyone experienced (and solved) the slow N1 Vision wireless connection speed ?

My Dad has just installed one and with his laptop downstairs and the router upstairs its varying wildely between 65mbps and 130mbps. I understand this is a common problem with this router ?

Any ideas ?
varkanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2009, 18:53   #2
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: N1 Vision slow wireless connection

yes i had this problem and i solved it by buying a decent router, sorry i know that doesn't help much but i tried everything to sort the problem even tried upgrading to different firmware and nothing worked in the end i threw the router in the bin and bought one of the d-link one's, haven't had a problem since
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 19:24   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

yep i tried one last year loads of problems with it took it back to pc world and got a refund after trying 2 replacements ,got a netgear 3300 now with no problems
Old 22-07-2009, 19:44   #4
deathtrap3000
Inactive

Services: V+ HD XL BT Infinity 80mbps
deathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enough

I had one as well. Speed was fine but I had constant disconnection problems and freezes. Took it back and now have the N+. Its the best router ive ever had. Not a single restart since ive had it (apart from initial setup).
deathtrap3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 22:32   #5
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Varkanoid, my advice would be to update the firmware on the router, there is 1 available on the belkin website which has solved alot of speed issues on the wireless.

I've got this router myself and havent got any problems with it since I put the latest firmware on it.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:24   #6
varkanoid
Inactive

varkanoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
yes i had this problem and i solved it by buying a decent router, sorry i know that doesn't help much but i tried everything to sort the problem even tried upgrading to different firmware and nothing worked in the end i threw the router in the bin and bought one of the d-link one's, haven't had a problem since
Which model did you get and was it a DSL one ?

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

turns out he was running on laptop battery so it reduced the power for the wireless connection in power savings. he changed the profile and now it runs fine!
varkanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 18:18   #7
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkanoid View Post
Which model did you get and was it a DSL one ?

i bought the d-link 655 at first i've now upgraded to the d-link 855 and a very good piece of kit

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

turns out he was running on laptop battery so it reduced the power for the wireless connection in power savings. he changed the profile and now it runs fine!
i glad you have now sorted it, some people seem to be ok with these, but others like myself could not get on with it, perhaps it's the way they manufacture them or something
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote