Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED] Six Nations Rugby

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[MERGED] Six Nations Rugby

Old 12-03-2006, 00:47   #16
homealone

Re: Six Nations Rugby

Wales had flair, organisation and commitment, today - but, they lacked belief, in my opinion, ....
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2006, 17:24   #17
homealone

Wheras England today were just dire, they made far too many mistakes, I hope Ireland come out on top, rather than France.

Wales v France could be a very interesting game, the way both teams form can vary
Old 12-03-2006, 17:44   #18
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Funnily enough I want Ireland to win too, but they also need to get their act together, was a shabby weekend of rugby.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 17:52   #19
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingy
Funnily enough I want Ireland to win too, but they also need to get their act together, was a shabby weekend of rugby.
I didn't see Ireland v Scotland, yesterday, but Scotland played badly, according to the report I read.

The only problem, is that when one team plays badly it takes away from the win by the other side. Saying England & Scotland played badly is probably not giving enough credit to France & Ireland.

But I will be cheering for a Welsh victory next week
Old 12-03-2006, 18:09   #20
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingy
I didn't see Ireland v Scotland, yesterday, but Scotland played badly, according to the report I read.

The only problem, is that when one team plays badly it takes away from the win by the other side. Saying England & Scotland played badly is probably not giving enough credit to France & Ireland.

But I will be cheering for a Welsh victory next week
Yay!!! So will I!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 18:23   #21
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of

Wales did their classic tactic of winning in the first half - having a rest on their laurels in half time and then losing in the second half

Bitterly dissapointed here - pass the slippers
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 19:42   #22
homealone

well done Ireland for getting the Triple Crown is probably the most positive thing I can say about todays rugby....

Wales seemed to run out of steam in the last 10 minutes of their game & France took full advantage.

England improved a bit in the second half, but gave away far too much possession & were slow to recycle the ball, wheras the Irish were much quicker & that was complemented by a brilliant performance from their backs.

I didn't watch Scotland v Italy, but it was apparently a very entertaining game - Italy may be one to watch next year, they have improved a lot.

Oh and I suppose France should be congratulated on winning the championship....
Old 18-03-2006, 20:30   #23
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Never mind France, we got the triple crown!!!
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 23:04   #24
Orior
Permanently Banned

Orior has reached the bronze age
Orior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze age
Ireland Triple Crown Winners

Hey, anyone else overjoyed at Ireland beating the country that invented Rugger?
Orior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 23:17   #25
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ireland Triple Crown Winners

I have to admit, I am not bothered about Ireland winning. I don't follow Rugby.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 23:18   #26
Orior
Permanently Banned

Orior has reached the bronze age
Orior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze age
Re: Ireland Triple Crown Winners

Whoops, I am only after noticing the Sports sub-forum. I was puzzled about there was no six nations discussion!
Orior is offline   Reply With Quote