Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A1GP Season 2005

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A1GP Season 2005

Old 23-09-2005, 21:17   #16
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Re: A1GP Season 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham

So that's another event I'm going to miss along with the Test Matches next year because someone's spent a lot of money to sell it to us
Am sure it will be on the radio
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2005, 22:05   #17
makikomi
Inactive

Services: NTL cable
makikomi has reached the bronze age
makikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze age

It sounds like a great concept, and I hope it is successful.

What would really clinch it for me is Murray Walker doing the official commentary.
makikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 16:16   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Nelson Piquet Jnr wins boths races and get the fastest lap and gets the maximum points available 21
Old 25-09-2005, 16:50   #19
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Well of course I realised last night that I could change my Sky package line up and drop half of the movie channels to pick up Sky Sports 1 and 3, so that's what I did and I'm damn glad I did so!

Forget Formula One with its boring processions, there was action all through both A1 races, the initial sprint and the "feature race".

They've got a whole bunch of the things that I always said F1 should introduce to make it more interesting: equal cars, making it a test of driver skill, only four guys working on the car in the pits, plus two on the jacks, instead of the twenty odd that F1 has and much less down force allowing proper slip-streaming.

All in all it made for some very exciting and dramatic racing (although some of that wasn't intentional ) and I'm definitely going to keep watching this series!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 16:59   #20
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Did you notice that there was no adverts during the race (unlike F1)

That driver that rolled the In car footage the driver (who should have put his hands to his chest, to stop the risk of breaking them) was awesome.

Unluckily Team GB has electric problems
Old 25-09-2005, 20:49   #21
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

is there highlights on?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 00:02   #22
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
is there highlights on?
Yes on Sky Sports 2 now.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 00:25   #23
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
Did you notice that there was no adverts during the race (unlike F1)
Good point!!

I watched the F1 Brazillian GP just after the A1 GP.

Well, when I say "watched", I had it on and was listening it to it whilst scanning in a bunch of pictures on my computer, just turning to look when the commentators started getting excited, but then going back to the PC again!

Yawnsville...
Old 26-09-2005, 15:22   #24
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

was an enjoyable race.. still a few times when cars were faster and couldn't pass but i'm sure they can work on that

seemed like none of the teams knew what to do during the pitstops but nice to see a series where the drivers are clearly driving the car rather than a computer

would like to see the car abit wider and go abit quicker though.. will def watch all the other races of this series.. just hope the other teams can catch Brasil as they were at a different level ATM
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 21:44   #25
Graham
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
seemed like none of the teams knew what to do during the pitstops but nice to see a series where the drivers are clearly driving the car rather than a computer

would like to see the car abit wider and go abit quicker though.. will def watch all the other races of this series.. just hope the other teams can catch Brasil as they were at a different level ATM
The thing is, again unlike F1, the teams are *not* allowed to do masses of testing, meaning that a lot of what they're doing has to be worked out as they go along!
Old 26-09-2005, 21:51   #26
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Don't forget that the GB race was the first time that they raced in anger, the time have been practice and testing, so they are finding their feet.
Old 26-09-2005, 21:55   #27
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

F1 is more like a advertising campaign for ferrari now it is too much based on the technical capabilities of the car and pit stop strategy. There is also too much money involved.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 00:43   #28
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Roung two starts this weekend.

Germany

Sat - SS2 1PM - Qualifying
Sun - SS1 Noon - Race
Old 06-10-2005, 09:49   #29
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

am looking forward to this just hope this time Brasil aren't too far ahead of all the opposition.. is shaping up to be a good series.. still a few issues about overtaking though as in the first two races there were cars that were begind slower cars but still couldn't pass and in the sprint race no one wants to throuh away points or a good starting position for race two
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 15:26   #30
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

France win both races