Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 27-02-2012, 17:15   #796
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
I agree with this posting

also the tivo £3 charge should have been scraped

Tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.
What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I consider the increase to £5 per month will put the full brakes on new Tivo sales, cosidering that is on top of the TV fee then VM are playing a very dangerous game.

Tivo is good but not unique enough to justify £5 extra!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2012, 17:23   #797
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
I consider the increase to £5 per month will put the full brakes on new Tivo sales, cosidering that is on top of the TV fee then VM are playing a very dangerous game.

Tivo is good but not unique enough to justify £5 extra!
Well we shall see PC but l suspect Virgin might well have several aces up their sleeves in the coming months to nullify the price increases.
Old 27-02-2012, 17:37   #798
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well we shall see PC but l suspect Virgin might well have several aces up their sleeves in the coming months to nullify the price increases.
Den do you not think that it would be good of them to say what was going to happen before they stated the price rise's? (They could say X amount of channels/app's are going to launch)
Rather than the price rise's and see what may come?

I will get my coat
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:53   #799
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Den do you not think that it would be good of them to say what was going to happen before they stated the price rise's? (They could say X amount of channels/app's are going to launch)
Rather than the price rise's and see what may come?

I will get my coat
I agree devil, it makes no business sense to do it the other way round.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 19:49   #800
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

They can't announce stuff if they haven't finalised it yet. If they had, they would announce it immediately.

I think people are being incredibly naive to think VM are sitting on a warchest of new channels ready to pull out on special occasions.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 21:13   #801
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well, as per the Coming Soon thread, SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD on demand will only be available to TiVo customers. So if you have a VHD or V+HD box, and subscribe to the channels and pay your £7 HD charge you will sadly miss out.

Virgin will need to remember to look after their non-TiVo customers very carefully. I hope our non-TiVo friends have plenty of aces coming their way too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 21:24   #802
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
skys started off at £10 to record and was dropped and customers flooded in,But vm up the price totally crazy.Tivo is great but £3 is overpriced £5 is daylight robbery !!!!!!!!!!!!!
being honest and real with every one.. virgin media and sky should be THE SAME PRICES IN EVERY CHANNEL AND EVERY PACK THERE IS!!!
Old 27-02-2012, 23:51   #803
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

I like the sound of TIVO but will not pay any extra, would rather keep my v+.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 07:31   #804
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
being honest and real with every one.. virgin media and sky should be THE SAME PRICES IN EVERY CHANNEL AND EVERY PACK THERE IS!!!
And how would they compete?

Should every Supermarket and Electrical store have the same prices for everything?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 07:41   #805
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I take it you are not living in the real world where competition thrives, you are more likely to find an honest journalist working for Rupert Murdoch than for that to ever happen.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 08:41   #806
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Quote:
That is called price fixing and is, quite rightly, illegal and is not in the consumer's interest.
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 09:34   #807
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be cancelling my phone and broadband as VM just can't deliver a decent broadband service in my area. It's all very well them saying they are going to double speeds but they cannot even deliver on the current speeds.
ntl.wotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 09:43   #808
Picto
Inactive

Picto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
M Phone
XL BB
XL TV

1 TB TiVo
500GB TiVo
V+

£66.40

but called about about further discount due to price increase and got another £2 per month off, which will increase my total cost to

£67.90
Have you got a direct number for this re-negotiation mate as I have to use my mobile to call virgin and am sick of having to listen to 10000 options just to realise i could have pressed 1 at the begining.
Picto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 10:32   #809
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Sorry I just use 150 from my landline then option 5, then 2 I think it is.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:00   #810
SwgLee
Inactive

SwgLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Wont cancel virgin as overall happy with tivo and very happy with internet but i find myself watching less and less movies so just may cancel some packages. Not happy with the constant bombardment of adverts on every music on demand video (how many times do i need to see a carling Chrome advert) so find myself rarely using that service now and since getting an ipad ive stopped using the youtube via tivo etc.
So happpy overall but will in all likely cancel some services/packages
SwgLee is offline   Reply With Quote