Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky multi room

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky multi room

Old 31-03-2009, 21:20   #1
razzer
Inactive

razzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky multi room

I am looking for some basic tech advice. I have sky hd downstairs and sky digital in my sons room as part of the multi room package. I currently have a sky+ box that i want to set up in my room. Sky are sending me an extra multi room card ( so I can watch different channels from my son) at a cost of £10per month but said i should get a local engineer to feed the cables to that box. I would try it myself to save a pound or two and hoped that someone could let me know what i need to do...in the simplest of terminology cos I am not switched on. Thanks.
razzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2009, 12:49   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Sky multi room

If you only have a dual LNB you will need to change that out as you will need outputs from the dish to the new box itself. After that you need to wire in the cables to the replacement LNB, run the cables, drill the holes etc and then terminate the cables properly before attaching to the Sky box.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote