Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WRT54G Set Up Step By Step?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WRT54G Set Up Step By Step?

Old 11-10-2005, 17:28   #1
MattyB801
Inactive

Services: NTL 2Meg Broadband
MattyB801 is an unknown quantity at this point
WRT54G Set Up Step By Step?

Hi all.....

Does anyone know if there is a step by step set up guide, for setting up a home wireless network to use NTL Broadband? I have searched this site but not come up with all the answers really

NTL are coming tomorrow and i'm just lookin to make sure i know exactly what to do to get out 3 pc's up and running asap! lol. I'm not too great with computers and networks you see.....

I know i connect the NTL modem to the Router. Then turn the modem on, followed by the router, followed by my wireless laptop, but thats about it. Do i then just follow everything the Linksys router CD says?? i know i shouldnt bother with the NTL CD, but use a link given to me on here?

Thanks!!

Matt

PS: apologies for the sheer lack of knowledge on my part!!
MattyB801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2005, 17:51   #2
Rough.D
Inactive

Rough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful oneRough.D is the helpful one
Re: WRT54G Set Up Step By Step?

Check out this link

I hope it helps
Rough.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 17:55   #3
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Indeed, connect CM to router, power on CM, wait for the sync light, power on router, wait for the power light to stop flickering, power on laptop.

Go to the autoreg page and register the CM on the network, then you can browse the internet.

Go to the 192. page and set up your router securely, remember to change the name and password needed to login.

Guidance on security is here.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=12
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 17:58   #4
MattyB801
Inactive

Services: NTL 2Meg Broadband
MattyB801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help!

Anything else i need to know/remember?

Matt
MattyB801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 19:19   #5
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

I read on here its always best to plug the modem directly into your comp first. Register it make sure you can surf on 1 workstation and then start messing about taking the modem out of the comp and into the router.
Old 11-10-2005, 23:37   #6
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Should not make a difference, but if you do this you should reboot the CM and PC as part of the process of plugging them into the router.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote