Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Saddam Hussein Executed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Saddam Hussein Executed

Old 05-11-2006, 16:16   #31
Macca371

Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

I hate the death penalty. What kind of message does this send out? That death solves everything? Just the kind of message that the insurgency needs. Just lock him up for life.
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 17:29   #32
hatedbythemail
Permanently Banned

hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal
hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca371 View Post
I hate the death penalty. What kind of message does this send out? That death solves everything? Just the kind of message that the insurgency needs. Just lock him up for life.
agreed. if someone is barbaric doesnt mean we need to be barbaric too.
hatedbythemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 18:01   #33
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

There are some people on this earth who need to be executed. Saddam is one of them. Had he been killed upon capture, millions of pounds would have been saved, & the rabble who follow him would have dissipated. Now, all the Iraqi`s will get is reprisals & much more killing.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 18:24   #34
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
There are some people on this earth who need to be executed. Saddam is one of them. Had he been killed upon capture, millions of pounds would have been saved, & the rabble who follow him would have dissipated. Now, all the Iraqi`s will get is reprisals & much more killing.
With respect, this is one of things I have a problem with in life - when people feel they are qualified enough to know who should be killed.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 18:51   #35
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Oooh i was at work today, and William Hague was sat in the bar with BBC and SKY news live, as the decision was being made, i was just about to go in there til someone said
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 19:14   #36
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Oooh i was at work today, and William Hague was sat in the bar with BBC and SKY news live, as the decision was being made, i was just about to go in there til someone said
Pia, you should have gone in - they may have interviewed you.

I think William Hague is very down-to-earth - I helped out in the by-election that got him elected in Richmond, and worked with him and a few others in the late 80's and 90's trying to encourage younger people to get involved in politics in Yorkshire; he would have been interested in your viewpoint (I believe).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 19:50   #37
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Interesting that the current UK government hasn't complained about the death sentence in this case.
I'd have thought they would be queuing up to complain about putting someone to death.

Unless of course they think him getting strung up will possibly deflect some attention from the usual bombings, beheading, torture etc. that goes on in Iraq on a daily basis.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 19:53   #38
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Pia, you should have gone in - they may have interviewed you.

I think William Hague is very down-to-earth - I helped out in the by-election that got him elected in Richmond, and worked with him and a few others in the late 80's and 90's trying to encourage younger people to get involved in politics in Yorkshire; he would have been interested in your viewpoint (I believe).
lol, i think the whole thing was abut the Saddam Hussein story though
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:23   #39
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo View Post
Interesting that the current UK government hasn't complained about the death sentence in this case.
I'd have thought they would be queuing up to complain about putting someone to death.

Unless of course they think him getting strung up will possibly deflect some attention from the usual bombings, beheading, torture etc. that goes on in Iraq on a daily basis.
Why would they complain?
Saddam is Iraqi, convicted in an Iraqi court, sentenced under Iraqi law.
Incog is right, it's nothing to do with us.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:34   #40
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Why would they complain?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/arti...689043,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foreign Office
A spokesman for the Foreign Office said British officials were "grateful to the Thai police for all their hard work with this case". He added: "The government opposes the death penalty in all circumstances, and has made this clear."
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:43   #41
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Why would they complain?
BBC were also reporting it as an American Backed court.
Old 05-11-2006, 20:56   #42
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well the yanks wouldn't take him out during the first Gulf war as they knew it would be instant martyrdom but it now looks like the Iraqi legal system is going to give him what he wants after all. He should be sent to the foulest prison they have and should be kept alive so that everyone can watch him suffer. Maybe Liberty should take up his case?
I think, if I remember correctly, in the first gulf war, Saddam employed many decoys, of which the 'allies' took out almost a dozen. They did try!

Personally, I think the sentance is just and should be passed as soon as possible. With someone of his history and following, letting him 'waste' in prison only gives more opportunity for an uprising to get him free and put back into a position of power. Getting rid of him once and for all is the best thing IMO. He will only be a martyr to those who follow him, who are restricted to areas of his home country. Let them do what they wish with regards to memory, because it won't bring him back if he's dead.
Old 05-11-2006, 21:02   #43
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think, if I remember correctly, in the first gulf war, Saddam employed many decoys, of which the 'allies' took out almost a dozen. They did try!

Personally, I think the sentance is just and should be passed as soon as possible. With someone of his history and following, letting him 'waste' in prison only gives more opportunity for an uprising to get him free and put back into a position of power. Getting rid of him once and for all is the best thing IMO. He will only be a martyr to those who follow him, who are restricted to areas of his home country. Let them do what they wish with regards to memory, because it won't bring him back if he's dead.

No it wont being Saddam back, but how many innocent people will be killed in the aftermath, how many more British and other allied troops need die for this man?
Old 05-11-2006, 21:05   #44
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarrior2001 View Post
No it wont being Saddam back, but how many innocent people will be killed in the aftermath, how many more British and other allied troops need die for this man?
And how many already have died as a direct result of his tyrany? The very fact we are debating it means the man is getting what he wanted, and that is his name in history. Let him die slowly and painfully whilst someone is reciting the names of all those who died because of him or by his hand to him as he hangs. The man is dangerous, callous and deserves nothing more than the humility of his own people turning on him and handing out justice...
Old 05-11-2006, 23:20   #45
Orior
Permanently Banned

Orior has reached the bronze age
Orior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze age

Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone
Orior is offline   Reply With Quote