Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 15:09   #796
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Baby TiVo will be the same price for everyone. £49.95 and £40 install.
Cheers i think that i got my wires crossed
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 15:17   #797
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Ah, still no e-mail for me, I've been getting all edgey when my BlackBerry has been flashing with e-mails all day but none of them are the one I want
Old 11-04-2011, 15:26   #798
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The e-mails are going out all week
Old 11-04-2011, 15:31   #799
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As far as I know once it's installed then that's it. 28 MBG wouldn't apply as it's not a new service but an upgrade to an existing service
Thanks, the 28 day mbg was a question out of interest, as VM's own documentation says 28 days applies when taking out a new contract or adding new service. TiVo is regarded as a new service isn't it?

But really that's not a problem, I just wanted to check the 7 day cooling off applies (which legally it should). Fingers crossed my CS woes will be sorted out and this will be a moot point anyway.

Thanks

Boz
Old 11-04-2011, 15:35   #800
johnl13
Inactive

johnl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
Hi DF .... no internet link and no order code on mine as far as i can see ... well nothing that says its an order code just a few random letters and numbers in one corner of a picture at the bottom of the mail (area where it talks of 500GB Tivo) ...

Apologys for previous saying the 500GB TiVo wasnt mentioned .. it is but states its exclusive to existing customers and available from 16th May for £49.99 and dosent say anything about install charges
Availaible from 16th may,is that 2011,2012,when?you never know with good old virgin media.Always expect the unexpected.
Old 11-04-2011, 15:37   #801
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Couldn't wait had to phone up work for my rota

Spoke to a nice lady and apart her trying to add an extra £3 a month to my bill (I'm on VIP50 so no monthly extra) all started off fine, then she had problems putting the order through as 'everyone is upgrading to TIVO' so she promoised to call me back in under 30 mins

60 mins later no call back, called back and no install date, VM will call me back in 24 to 48 hours for an install date

Orignial customer service agent finally called back after 2 hours and offered an install date of the 13th April! accepted an install date of the 19th

Moving my V+ box upstairs and replacing my VHD box, Sky HD will be transferred from my V+ to my TIVO
Old 11-04-2011, 15:41   #802
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Couldn't wait had to phone up work for my rota

Spoke to a nice lady and apart her trying to add an extra £3 a month to my bill (I'm on VIP50 so no monthly extra) all started off fine, then she had problems putting the order through as 'everyone is upgrading to TIVO' so she promoised to call me back in under 30 mins

60 mins later no call back, called back and no install date, VM will call me back in 24 to 48 hours for an install date

Orignial customer service agent finally called back after 2 hours and offered an install date of the 13th April! accepted an install date of the 19th

Moving my V+ box upstairs and replacing my VHD box, Sky HD will be transferred from my V+ to my TIVO
They are right to add the TiVo charge though, it's just the discount takes it off on VIP50/100. I think this is were some confusion is coming in.

Glad you got your install sorted

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnl13 View Post
Availaible from 16th may,is that 2011,2012,when?you never know with good old virgin media.Always expect the unexpected.
2011, I realise you are being facetious
Old 11-04-2011, 15:45   #803
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Mmmm, I was thinking the baby Tivo was the way to go but waiving the monthly fee and free installation definitely swings it back to the big fella.

I'm out of the country until Thursday evening and so can't call to order. I'm not getting one until July am I?
Old 11-04-2011, 15:46   #804
toady
cf.geek

toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
They are right to add the TiVo charge though, it's just the discount takes it off on VIP50/100. I think this is were some confusion is coming in.
Thats fine, it just wasn't explained very clearly, no mention of a discount just an extra £3, all they have to say its its an extra £3 a month, but you will get a discount being on VIP50 so that the total amount won't change
Old 11-04-2011, 15:48   #805
johnl13
Inactive

johnl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The e-mails are going out all week
going out all week,anyone can call up from next monday,been waiting since dec 1st 2010.
Old 11-04-2011, 15:49   #806
toady
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post

I'm out of the country until Thursday evening and so can't call to order. I'm not getting one until July am I?
I was offered an install for Wed, and I'm in Watford
Old 11-04-2011, 15:53   #807
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnl13 View Post
going out all week,anyone can call up from next monday,been waiting since dec 1st 2010.
not sure what your point is? Pre reg's get first pick of installs this week.

Anyone who didn't pre reg is looking at May/June install going by the very healthy responce from our pre reg customers.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:08   #808
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Still no e-mail yet, not to fear 4 more days left yet, DF what sort of dates are pre regs looking at for install most before end of this month?
Old 11-04-2011, 16:14   #809
mack21
Inactive

mack21 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone in uddingston area had an email?
Old 11-04-2011, 16:17   #810
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile
Manster62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Not sure what to do? Want to order Tivo (not got my email yet, but I pre-registered, so hopefully in the next few days.....) but I think maybe I should wait until they've got BBC red button working.
If I order (and pay) in April to get the £40 install waived, can I ask for an install date later in the year - at least after Wimbledon, which I always use the BBC red button service for?
I know I could just wait until July and get the 'baby tivo' for a reduced cost - but having read how Tivo works, I think that the 1TB hard drive will be necessary to store everything that it records via Wishlists/Suggestions?
Currently getting very fed up with the small capacity of the V+ as just about everything I record is HD and I keep having to delete things I would like to watch because the drive gets full up.
So difficult - wait or not? The other thing that is making me think perhaps I should wait is the number of posts on forums all over the place saying that people are having problems with the tivo. I believe September is the next proper firmware update to solve a lot of the issues?
I keep going round in circles - one minute I want Tivo NOW, and the next I'm thinking of waiting 'til the Autumn....... What do others think?
Cheers....
Closed Thread