Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 13:40   #721
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

I keep reading this bit at the bottom of my email and I'm not completely clear of what they are saying:

And an extra special offer.

We don't take entertainment lightly. And if you've got a demanding family, only a hefty package of TV, broadband and calls will be big enough to keep everyone happy. As one of our top customers, we'd love to upgrade your VIP bundle. You'll get up to 50Mb broadband and enjoy our brand new TiVo box. We'll even waive the standard £3 monthly TiVo fee. You'll get Sky Movies and Sky Sports in full HD glory. Upgrading to this experience will cost £100.55 a month. The choice is yours, simply add a TiVo box for an additional £3 a month or upgrade to a new VIP experience.

is this after the purchase of a TIVO or are they offering me a VIP bundle including TIVO for £100.55/mo?
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 13:41   #722
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by herby247 View Post
Tough if i upset VM's plans, they have had me hanging on since DEC 2010 and upsetting MY plans i had for a tivo box LONG before April 2011!
CALL THEM!
I accept that your opinion is different to mine. Impatient and selfish - not characteristics that I want to be associated with as I continue to wait patiently on my chance to acquire a TiVo.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:42   #723
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Deleted as in wrong position on page.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:43   #724
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I keep reading this bit at the bottom of my email and I'm not completely clear of what they are saying:

We don't take entertainment lightly. And if you've got a demanding family, only a hefty package of TV, broadband and calls will be big enough to keep everyone happy. As one of our top customers, we'd love to upgrade your VIP bundle. You'll get up to 50Mb broadband and enjoy our brand new TiVo box. We'll even waive the standard £3 monthly TiVo fee. You'll get Sky Movies and Sky Sports in full HD glory. Upgrading to this experience will cost £100.55 a month. The choice is yours, simply add a TiVo box for an additional £3 a month or upgrade to a new VIP experience.

is this after the purchase of a TIVO or are they offering me a VIP bundle including TIVO for £100.55/mo?

That will be £149 for the Tivo then £100.50 on going if you upgrade. They seem to have targeted the emails better this time, as I am already VIP 50 my email stated no monthly fee at the top.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:43   #725
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Then when it doesn't materialise he's nowhere to be seen!
Yeah. He should be on this forum justifying his existence 24/7 and not actually, you know, doing his paid-for job of work
Old 11-04-2011, 13:43   #726
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I accept that your opinion is different to mine. Impatient and selfish - not characteristics that I want to be associated with as I continue to wait patiently on my chance to acquire a TiVo.
Agreed. This is just such a wrong attitude.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:44   #727
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post

It's clear that they are saying that you can have TiVo for the one-off payment of £149.95 and they'll add £3 per month to your current monthly bill or you should consider moving to VIP50 which costs £100.55 per month and might be better than £3 more than your current monthly outlay. Either way, you have to pay the £149.95 to get TiVo.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:46   #728
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
It's clear that they are saying that you can have TiVo for the one-off payment of £149.95 and they'll add £3 per month to your current monthly bill or you should consider moving to VIP50 which costs £100.55 per month and might be better than £3 more than your current monthly outlay. Either way, you have to pay the £149.95 to get TiVo.
This might be an option for us as we may want to get broadband and already have the HD sport and films..............??
Old 11-04-2011, 13:48   #729
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
EXACTLY he's always about telling us we should be getting x y z on a set date or this will happen!
Then when it doesn't materialise he's nowhere to be seen!
As usual its another EPIC FAIL in the on going saga that is VM trying to launch a product and do it FAIRLY and CORRECTLY!
Still no email!
So poor!
Few things to point out here:
  1. He's more than likely working.
  2. He posts on here off his own bat, he's not paid to do it and doesn't owe us anything (we owe him).
  3. Emails have started going out just like he said they would.
  4. Grow up.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:49   #730
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You are right , what doesn't help these situations now is forums and the internet.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:53   #731
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You are right , what doesn't help these situations now is forums and the internet.
The actual thing that doesn't help the situation, is VM setting out an ordering proceedure for Pre-regs and then ignoring their own rules.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:53   #732
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Few things to point out here:
  1. He's more than likely working.
  2. He posts on here of his own bat, he's not paid to do it and doesn't owe us anything (we owe him).
  3. Emails have started going out just like he said they would.
  4. Grow up.
Hear Hear
If it wasn't for DF we would have not known about the VIP50 deal
NO activation fee
NO Monthly sub

That makes a saving in year 1 of £ 76.00
Well done DF
and well done Virgin for listening
Old 11-04-2011, 13:59   #733
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting for an email here. Glaring at my pre-reg acknowledgment from 11th December
Old 11-04-2011, 14:00   #734
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Well, rang up and ordered. Actually handled my request well except had to remind them it was a swap of my V+ and not an addition. Apart from that all ordered and install is this Saturday afternoon. Was even offered this Thursday but could not be home for that day. So a quick install was offered for a pre-registered customer.

I’ve just purchased a new car as well which I pick up on Friday, my wife said “I’m going to be all exited this weekend then” Too right, a very happy chappy and looking forward to the Tivo install this Saturday.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:02   #735
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Well, rang up and ordered. Actually handled my request well except had to remind them it was a swap of my V+ and not an addition. Apart from that all ordered and install is this Saturday afternoon. Was even offered this Thursday but could not be home for that day. So a quick install was offered for a pre-registered customer.

I’ve just purchased a new car as well which I pick up on Friday, my wife said “I’m going to be all exited this weekend then” Too right, a very happy chappy and looking forward to the Tivo install this Saturday.
did you get the email?
Closed Thread